Sheriff’s Office Investigating Suspicious Death in Walnut Creek

February 9, 2013 16:19 pm · 31 comments

The Contra Costa Sheriff Office is investigating the death of a 50-year-old man in unincorporated Walnut Creek.

On Friday at about 4pm, Deputies responded to a residence on the 2500 block of Oak Road. A 50-year-old man was found deceased in the residence. Detectives are investigating along with the Coroner’s Division to determine the manner of death.

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Neighbors are telling Claycord.com that on Friday, the condo, which is located in the Ashford Court Complex, was surrounded by six Sheriff cars, crime scene tape and a coroner’s van until late in the evening.

When we get an update from the Sheriff’s Office, we’ll let you know.

1 old concord February 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Wow I love this claycord.com.I get news way faster.Great job people.=)

2 The Brat February 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM

oh walnut creek… how sheltered you all are. death happens all the time, every one doesnt have to be investigated :)

3 Nokeem February 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My girlfriend lives a sheltered life in Walnut Creek at this condo complex. *eye roll* This was NOT a natural death. Word is that the sheriff has a suspect; won’t say who. She also says she counted more than six cars, many were unmarked police vehicles. They didn’t leave til 9:45PM.

4 AG February 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

“the Brat” how you you feel if he was your family member or friend? I’m sure you would want it investigated. Any life lost is heartbreaking. Prayers for his family. Rest in peace <3

5 Bubba February 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Oak road complex!!!! The ghetto of Walnut Creek!

6 Kms February 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

This section of WC is turning into another “Creekside Dr.”

7 Triple Canopy February 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM

That area is outside the city limit of Walnut Creek so it is Contra Costa County.. that’s why it’s the Sheriff’s Office responding and not WCPD.

It’s a ghetto of the County!

8 Paul February 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Did anyone notice the drone flying low this afternoon?

9 Duck February 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

“Held at knife point ”
That’s it Obongo needs to ban all dangerous kitchen utensil !!!
No one needs a assault butter knife when they can use a spork to protect their family and them self !
The douchebag will be out in 72 hours to rob again !

10 Duck February 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Things like this is why I C.C. a 45 acp !
And I’m the outlaw now ?
This state is a fricking JOKE !
Out of my cold dead hands !
They can have my guns…………..ammo first !

11 anonanonagain February 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Nokeem, I love your dry cynicism and telling it like it is!!! No one or no city is immune to the sleazy underbelly of life. I think we’d be surprised at the amount of sordid stuff that goes on even in the snobbiest of towns………

12 ##### February 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

@ Duck, oh geez get over yourself. One incident in WC does not an “arms”aggedon make…….You just go ahead and clutch that gun in your cold, cynical hands. Women love nihilists like you!! (yeah right) You’ll end up like that lunatic in Alabama.

abcnews.go.com/…/armed-survivalist-holds-child-host..

13 Triple Canopy February 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM

@12….. Duck is taking responsibility for his/her personal safety. You on the other hand, are or will be a victim with that weak mentality.

Over here? Remington 870, Berettas, a Colt, and a few Bushmasters. Bring on CQB!!!!

14 Veruca Salt February 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

“The ghetto of Walnut Creek”….hmmm I’ve never been to a ghetto with a Rennisance Club Sport before. God, you people sound ridiculous.

15 Getto? February 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

What a bunch of nuts. And Triple Canopy and the arsenal of guns, your the type that other people are concerned about. Wack job.

16 Tim February 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

The area where the death occurred is Walnut Creek, that is an unincorporated area but it is still in the city of Walnut Creek, and I would say it is less ghetto than any part Concord.

17 CatWoman February 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

A Renaissance Club Sports Bar……? On my list of places to go… :-)

18 concord99 February 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

There is nothing suspicious about a 50 y.o. man dying. My step dad at 49 from a heart attack.

19 Mom of the Horde. February 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Listen, I’ve lived in the neighborhood for 15 years, and this is the first “suspicious” death that I’ve heard of in the neighborhood.

By the way Triple Canopy, while some areas of this neighborhood are unincorporated, other parts are within city limits… the boundary zigzags across the street… the park next to Ashford Court and the condo complex on the other side of the park are both in Walnut Creek City limits.

Usually the biggest issues in the area are drunk drivers and auto burglary. It’s a pretty quiet neighborhood, all things considered.

20 Emily February 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I believe by law every unattended death requires an investigation.
Is the full moon over yet? Time for some of yiz to go crawl back under your rocks.

21 Killjoy February 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM

@Ghetto?
I have a buddy who has what you would consider an arsenal.
He’s a retired Alameda County Deputy Sheriff.
Would you consider him a whack job too?

Don’t be so quick to put labels on people.

22 Killjoy February 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Sorry, I guess that was @Getto?
My mistake for spelling it correctly. Mea Culpa.

23 Jeff February 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

If you think this part of unincorporated cc county (oak rd) is ghetto – i feel bad for you because you have been very sheltered…

Lived in that neck of the woods for ten years.

24 Triple Canopy February 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

@19. No duh… I know that already.

25 Connie Dobbs February 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Thank you, Doctor #18, for your remote diagnosis.
Maybe, instead of a heart attack, this guy fell on a knife eight times. Or drowned in the washing machine. That would be suspicious.

26 Incognito February 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

It’s amazing what some of you people consider a “ghetto”.

27 Anon February 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM

You do realize that “duck” was commenting on the wrong thread right? His mind was on the jack in the box.

28 ##### February 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

@ Triple Canopy, I have the freedom to speak my mind, just as you have the freedom to hoard weapons. Because I don’t have an arsenal of weapons makes me weak??? Wow.

29 Eusa Yourbrane February 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

The only one of you who makes any sense is Connie. Statistically you should be more afraid to die at the hands of someone you are closely involved with than a stranger. Thats why stocking up on guns wont keep you from murder. Better to be careful of who you let into your close world. But you would all call me cynical. Because we are still unable to get real about what really goes on in American households. Yes even in Pleasantville.

30 bigbadbry February 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

you guys need to focus on the facts here a man died, why dont we see what the report says till then stop assuming, dont matter where u live this stuff is gonna happen honestly is this really a shockl where it happend plus yes I own a gun as well to protect myself, home invasions are on the rise again, so if u want to judge me Ill take my chances being safe not helpless

31 Dennis February 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM

@#29 statistically, it is the acquaintace who is involved with gangs and drugs, not your kids or parents, that do the murders.