Pleasant Hill Police Investigate Thursday Morning Home Invasion Armed Robbery

February 7, 2013 · 42 comments

The Pleasant Hill Police are investigating a Thursday morning home invasion armed robbery that occurred on Wendy Drive.

The following information on the incident, as well as the description of the suspects is from the Pleasant Hill Police Department:

SUSPECT(S):

1. Black Male, black hair, 5’10” tall with a thin build. Wearing a Blue shirt armed with a black semi-auto handgun.
  2. Black male, black hair, mid-20’s, 6’00” tall with a thin build. Wearing a black & gray & red short sleeve shirt armed with a black semi-auto handgun. #3 Black Male no further description.

SUSPECT VEHICLE: Newer model White Chevrolet Suburban or Trailblazer, lowered with tinted windows and flat black tire rims.

BRIEF STATEMENT OF INCIDENT: On 2/7/13 at 1130 hrs PHPD received a report from neighbor of a possible in progress burglary occurring to a home in the 1600 block of Wendy Dr.

Upon officers arrival it was determined that a home invasion robbery had just occurred. One resident was pistol whipped in the head and sustained minor injury. The second resident was unharmed.

The occupants were held at gunpoint while the home was ransacked. The suspects fled in a newer model Chevrolet Suburban or Trailblazer. The vehicle was last seen driving on Wendy Dr. at a high rate of speed.

An area check was conducted and a County Wide B.O.L.O was sent but the suspects and vehicle have not been located.

1 Palermo February 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Both thin builds? Didn’t we have a recent crime with that description, was it at Davidson and Licht?

2 Walnut Creek Resident February 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Something is missing in this story.

3 Schmee February 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Damn regins.

Typically there’s more to these stories. Most home invasions aren’t random unless its a rich neighborhood.

4 Susan February 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Nicely done neighbor. Is there a better description of the car?

5 Anon2you February 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

@Palermo – My thoughts exactly.

6 J. February 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM

The D&L robbers had a big sledge hammer and pepperspray.

7 some guy February 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I blame the gun..

8 Misterjamesd February 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM

And of course they were in their business attire!

9 dilligafman February 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM

roadblock at the caldecot tunnel should get them!

10 vigilante#1 February 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

There is a drug dealer who lives on that street. Probably sold dope to the wrong Ninja.
How do I know this? Let me save the shit talkers some trouble.
A. I have purchased drugs from this creep.
B. I have purchased alcohol from this creep.
C. I have purchased illegal firearms from this creep.
or
D. I grew up down the street and know everyone in the neighborhood

11 Benjamin Martin February 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

@ Susan #4…

Neighborhood Watch in action.

The descrip they were transmitting, was for a late-model SUV, White in color, either a Tahoe, a Suburban or Trailblazer. Large black rims (possibly 22″), tinted windows and lowered.

12 Elwood February 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

It’s not their fault!

Society failed them.

If not, they’d both be rocket scientists today.

If caught they will serve some of a 30 day sentence in county and be sent to bed without any dessert.

13 Em Dubya February 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I hope the suspects have purchased gun liability insurance.

14 Lorelei February 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Semi-automatic handgun(s)……….

15 Don't Censor Me Bro February 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Doesn’t everybody know it’s Bush’s fault?

16 Anon February 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Gotta love it when the “tough” Pleasant Hill guys try to mix it up with our friends from over the hill.@Vigilante#1 speaks the truth…

17 Wisecracker February 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I agree… there is something missing in this story.

18 Susan February 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thanks Benjamin Martin..it’s unclear what to look for when you don’t have an accurate description. They are probably long out of the city by now.

19 @vigilante February 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Oh let me guess, was it E) All of the above?

20 vigilante#1 February 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

That’s right! How did you guess?!!! I thought I covered all options.
Well, off to my NA meeting.

21 Troubled#19 February 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Vigilante is right there are people coming and going from 2 homes on Wendy at all hours of the night on foot and by bike. Super sketchy. I live down the street and we knew something like this was bound to happen.

22 Anonymous February 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM

isnt this the description of the car casing neighborhoods that that guy saw in front his house like 5 am?

23 Anon2 February 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM

It’s time for Vigilante#1 to let the Pleasant Hill Police Department know what he knows. We don’t even know if the house robbed on Wendy is where the “Drug Dealer” lives. Maybe some of his friends from Antioch are visiting the neighbors.

24 Atticus Thraxx February 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I’m gonna withold comment until I hear from Officer Barbrady. This one smells funny and needs old school police work to shake loose the truth.

25 anon February 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM

@vigilante#1

I know of one meth house on that street, the one with the ghetto star plastered on the side of the house. We’re probably talking about the same house, and for the same reasons. If it’s them, I’m glad it happened!

26 vigilante#1 February 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Oh please, I don’t need to tell PHPD anything they don’t already know. Besides, what happens to people who tell? I don’t want anything to do with those tweakfaces. They are dangerous people to know, for the simple reason that EVERYTHING that they are involved in is trouble.
Any of the neighbors who didn’t put two and two together are the people that I mentioned before, completely oblivious to what is going on around them. Now they are surprised that this happened on their street.
The neighbors who are like me, and there are plenty of them, have been watching these dirtbags for years. Some of which have most definitely “told” on them in one way or another.

27 concord February 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

yeah, someone H-A-D to bring Antioch into it.

28 RAPID RATE February 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM

No gun ban! instead how about a ban on black people?

29 NRA #1 fan and member February 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM

@ #28

You my friend, are so right…. We need to OG Reggin these perps back to Oakland or Antioch.

30 Robert February 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

RR #28, you need to take your medication

31 Starfish February 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM

@RAPID RATE
Someone like you would always have to manifest. Ignorance at its finest!

32 Safety Second February 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM

How could this have happened? The suspects appear to have violated existing gun laws. It’s clear to me we just don’t have enough gun laws for these darn criminals.

33 Connie Dobbs February 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Starfish is quite the connoisseur. She can identify the finest in perversion and in ignorance.

34 Anon February 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM

BOLO = Barak On the Loose Oh no!

35 Starfish February 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Oh my sweet connie. And you are truly blessed to recognize this as well–just like my favorite store you frequent–Secrets. :-) I still have not been able to find that chair apparatus you so delicately describe a while ago. Did you take the last one?

36 @Safety Second February 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Your perspective about gun laws was interesting. My perspective is that someone’s gun was stolen from their house and could have been used against the victim.

Not everyone who owns a gun is as handy with them as they think.

37 AnonInPH February 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

See now I don’t understand why alert neighbors wouldn’t be telling the police about illegal activity on their street. Our towns will continually deteriorate if the good citizens just stand back and watch. (Also happy to know there ARE plenty of good citizens who don’t thanks to reading Claycord.)

Did any watch the PH city council meeting where the woman in her 80’s begged for help with drug dealers on her street? I would love to know if this is her neighborhood.

38 AnonInPH February 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Another thought…I am all for the police to profile people they see on the streets. Follow them….park near them…watch them….

39 Longtime PH Resident February 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

My neighborhood in So. PH recently had some suspicious night
time activity and got connected and more vigilant. We are keeping our porch lights on, noticing random cars and suspicious people who are randomly loitering.

There definitely has been a decline in the safety of So. PH over the last few years. Public safety should be a high priority. PH is not “crime-ridden” yet, but if the City Council doesn’t take action to stem the tide, it will affect home prices and their taxable base.

It’s a vicious cycle. Less money means fewer dollars for police, which can lead to higher crime.

There is a compound near our neighborhood that always has a lot of auto activity, and the property is a mess. We see the PD there often, but nothing seems to change. There is concern that if there is a meth lab there, it will put neighbors at risk.

Obviously, even when you alert the PD to problems, there doesn’t seem to be much they can do.

40 anon February 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Tweakers!

41 Neighbor February 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Anyone in the neighborhood who is reading this, I highly encourage you to contact the PHPD anytime you see any activity (even down to working on cars or running power tools past 10 pm) at either of these 2 drug houses. My wife and I have been collecting evidence and contacting PHPD for several months now and feel confident that these problems homes will be taken care of in the near future. There are nuisance laws that can cause a homeowner to lose their home if they allow illegal activity and we have been working closely with a detective to help eradicate these issues.

42 Uncharted Neighbour February 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Folks I hate to tell you this but your local police officers probably know less about the law than you do. I have found myself educating the men and women more times that I care to remember. I wish we would spend more money educating them.