Concord Planning Commission Passes Ban on Outdoor Cultivation of Marijuana

February 7, 2013 8:06 am · 127 comments

marijuana

The Concord City Council on Wednesday night passed a ban on the outdoor cultivation of marijuana.

The issue of banning the outdoor cultivation of medical marijuana first started on October 9, 2012, when, according to the City of Concord, “a Concord woman complained that her next door neighbor was cultivating marijuana plants which created an offensive odor. The Concord Police Department investigated this complaint, and determined that the individual cultivating the marijuana was a medical marijuana patient, and therefore is lawfully permitted to do so under State law. The Concord Police Department has since confirmed that there are other residential properties in the City where medical marijuana is being cultivated on an ongoing basis, in varying quantities.”

The City also says “Outdoor medical marijuana cultivation poses the potential threat of criminal harm as well as interference with the welfare of surrounding property owners. First, as indicated by the individual who spoke at public comment at the October 9 Council Meeting, mature medical marijuana plants often emit offensive “skunk like” fumes, which can interfere with the use and enjoyment of neighboring properties. Moreover, the presence of medical marijuana plants grown outdoors creates a risk to public safety, since their value and visibility encourage trespass and theft, posing the risk of violence and injury. To the extent that medical marijuana is grown in a location close to schools, there is also the potential for theft and use by school-aged children.”

This item will now go to the Concord City Council for a final vote within the next few weeks.

{ 127 comments }

1 Peter February 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Clap Clap Clap… This is exactly the kind of constructive thing I like to see my local city council do. I am a proponent of marijuana legalization but I am a firm believer in people first, local gov second, state third, feds last when it comes to making decisions.

2 Steinberg February 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

“…emit offensive fumes, which can interfere with the use and enjoyment of neighboring properties.”

So do we now call the police when someone smokes in their backyard? Can vegans report their neighbors for having a BBQ in their backyard? Is the city also going to ban citronella candles?

And Peter… you are an idiot. The people, who you believe should come first, voted in favor of medical Marijuana… and then, on an individual level, this person was cultivating his/her medicine in their back yard… How is it better that government step in and say he/she cannot do this?

3 DoReMi February 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I am pleased as well. As much as I think Americans should grow their own and pay taxes on it, the criminal magnet element of the plant is not desirable.

4 UrAmericanBrother February 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM

What about offensive odors that come off of cars being worked on? Or the threat of trespass from a large screen t.v. being in the window of your property? These reasons for banning a simply produced medicine is a direct reflection of our conservative, consumerist culture and it’s lack of humanitarianism. Let the people grow their medicine, don’t make drug companies richer by passing laws that monopolize on particular niches of health. Concord is as lame as a horse with colic.

5 Styles February 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

NOT a smoker but a home owner/tax payer in Concord and paying an extra sales tax everytime I purchase something I really hope the City Council knows what they are getting themselves into. I can see lots of money being wasted if they vote against outdoor growing. First, House fires caused by electrical issues. Who would now be at fault? There has been three this week in the Bay Area alone. I guess you could have everyone pull a permit when building an indoor garden but I would still rather have a guy living next to me grow outdoors in fear of my house catching on fire as well. I guess “going green” won’t apply. Is PG and E behind this? Second, the people behind medical marijuana have really deep pockets to fight this, AND WILL. Be careful Concord, THINK this one out. Unlike other issues you have done in the past.

6 WC44 February 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Good job Concord Planning Commision. Glad to see someone stand up to the joke that is “Medical” marijuana.

7 Kudos to the Council February 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Common sense reigned, and the neighborhoods will have a weapon against the criminal element that pot growing attracts. Thanks for the stand for neighborhood quality of life issues.

8 Uh oh February 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Wow there goes the neighborhood. Now they are open to restricting all kinds of things. This is shameful. Oh yeah Mr. Jones can grow his stinky crap next door with its fertilizers that reek an loud annoying trimming an whatnot but no not some harmless pot smokers. An bringing a criminal element around? You can’t be serious. This is from a bunch of people that freak out anytime a salesman comes to the door. So now instead of maybe hopping a fence to snatch a couple plants if the thieves suspect there are some they will be trying to gain access to your home. An too top it off this is a plain an simple violation of the laws of California. Proposition 215 says that if I have prescription for marijuana then I am entitled to grow up to six plants. I don’t even smoke marijuana or grow it but I think that this is a piss poor usage of our city council meeting

9 Annon February 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Tried to send an email to the city council etc this morning it was blocked, I wanted to thank everyone that has helped to work up to this point. There have been some complaints made on how it was handled by the different levels in the police department, and communication in emails and phone conversations, within the city structure. I know there has been a 25% reduction of staff, but we deserve to be heard and, responded to in a professional manner. There are more people that are standing up and voicing their views, of all ages. The Supreme Court hearing on the dispensaries is not going to have an effect on the final vote of the city council,the cities have the final rights over the land use laws of their cities. For those that have given the help and advice needed, THANK YOU…hope we can work together to make concord the city, we call home.

10 Annon February 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

A BIG THANKS TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION

11 Don't Censor Me Bro February 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM

@S #2 – I’m sorry you don’t have a clear understanding of land use issues.

One word – education…

12 MissJamie February 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

medical marijuana isn’t a joke WC44!! HATER !!!!!!

13 Be real February 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

@WC44 if you think medical marijuana is a joke then you are a joke. Studies have shown there a quite a few medicinal values that come from the use of marijuana. I happen to actually be studying this in school right now an although my teacher is wholly against the use of it he has shown many many studies that show that there is a whole lot of medicinal value in marijuana.

14 Don't Censor Me Bro February 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

@S #5

1) The person who started the fire
2) Have at it!

15 J. Vasquez February 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Steinberg, Styles, and UrAmericanBrother are the only ones that are actually using their brains. I feel sorry for the rest of you.

16 bluebird February 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Doesn’t the city own some open land, to the north of the city? Why not let these outdoor grow gardens plant/cultivate there, away from other property owners? Grant them access to their plants and control/tax to make money.

17 Patrick REVOLT February 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Check out whats going on around Concord. Look at the previous article about the crime in Concord. Let’s flood the police department with calls from cry baby neighbors worried about the smell of their neighbors house. Better yet lets’s ban odors from residences( never have been a fan of my neighbors fabric softener). What about the noxious smells coming from the refineries?!?!? (causing disease).Maybe take more money away from our kids education in this state and keep growing this out of control monster of a government. By forming an undercover neighborhood smell enforcement agency we’re sure to eliminate these threatening outdoor activities. When will it end…..

18 Nice Nancy February 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I have two friends who added onto their house only to use their giant walk-in closet for a marijuana farm. Their once beautiful home stinks, it’s messy because they are both too high to do any housework. After 20 years of daily pot smoking, they have both have terrible health problems and their brains are fried. Oh and their son was busted for dealing drugs and they wondered what went wrong?

19 Let's Ban Everything That Annoys Just Me February 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Plants that create odors and people refusing to make their valuable possessions invisible annoy me! I’m going to call the city HOA…I mean council…and complain.

20 To Uh-oh February 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Guess you must have missed the news story about the 3 men murdered in Forestville over pot,or the guy who had a caiman guarding his crop in a residentail neighborhood. But no, there is no criminal element in pot growing (sarcasm)

21 Futurama February 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I’ve got $20 on 3 house fires by this time next year. $10 on at least 2 house collateral’s.

22 Connie Dobbs February 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

#9 You have to admit a backyard weed patch is what they call an attractive nuisance. It’s not cool to make the neighbors have to beef up security on their dime so one guy can exercise his perceived right.

23 jj February 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

my roses smell what shall i do??

24 Don't Censor Me Bro February 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

@UO #9 no such thing as THC “prescription!”

25 BagsFlyFree February 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

If anything the city should make a boundary to where you can have plants, similar to sheds and other structures that are required to be X feet from the property line.. People growing should be more discreet when growing outside to keep offending smell to a minimum and be less of a target for possible theft.. Outright banning the activity is a losing battle as state laws are shifting to less restrictions, not more… Wasted costs enforcing this new ordinance will take away from actual crime enforcement and is being suggested at the wrong time!

BFF Out!

26 Mac February 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

You know who wants all this to happen the most ?
And who puts money into making sure it never becomes legal ?

It`s not your local church, it`s the guys that sell it for a living.
Big time drug dealers don`t want anything to change.
Because it would cost them their way of life.

So don`t feel that you are only effecting the medical pot people.
You are also keeping your local drug dealer in business.

27 Anonymous February 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Good

28 Reality says... February 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Although I have a card for my night blindness, I think there is middle ground here. I’m too high right now to say what that is, but maybe it’s a zoning thing. Kinda like they do in Sonoma County. Growing excessive plants (not sure what that number would be) in residential neighborhoods is wrong IMO.

29 Reality says... February 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Maybe not!

“Violent robberies involving pot have become an all too common investigation for North Coast detectives.

Marijuana was at the center of at least 22 killings on the North Coast in the past decade, seven of which took place in Sonoma County.

“Most of our violent crime is related to marijuana, the theft of marijuana, the growing of marijuana,” O’Leary said.”

30 So...if I'm a Vegan.. February 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Does that mean I can call the city and have them ban barbecues because they create an “offensive odor”? Sweet! I know what I’m doing this summer. Say goodbye to 4th of July barbecues!

31 Marty McFly February 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I love how most of these anti pot folks are usually the same people beating the “government stay out of my life” drum, yet they cry for the government to get involved when it comes to something they don’t like. I hope these same people don’t ever have a sip of alcohol either. Just makes you a hypocrite.

32 Mark February 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I agree with the criminal element part. I’m pro legalization, but have to agree a large grow is going to draw scumbags and those home invasion type robberies we are all very afraid of. The smell part is pretty weak. Lots of stuff smells bad to your neighbors – try smoking trout in a roll of newspaper, nasty! That’s life.

I think a small grow, like a plant or two should be legal. I suspect in practice it would be legal. Unlikely anyone would rat you out for a single plant and the cops wouldn’t get too fired up over it either.

33 Concord Resident February 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This is an OUTRAGE! Ban cigarets too I hate the smell of those things and they are proven to be bad for your health… Your not being affected by second hand marijuana smoke… or even live plants… suck it up people medicinal marijuana smokers are not hurting ANYONE.

34 anon February 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

If this becomes illegal, who is going to enforce it? I called CPD regarding my neighbor growing marijuana and the police made excuses like, maybe he has a medical marijuana card.

35 Biff February 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hey Marty, I thought I told you to make like a tree and get outta here!

36 Concord Resident February 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

@ #22

Just because there are those out there doing it illegal doens’t mean that should ruin it for those who are obtaining it and smoking it legally. I bet you’re for gun control too!?

37 Susan February 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I wonder if anyone is going to have this overturned at the state level.

38 Jeff swift on ayers February 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

So many of the people here speak as if they are coming from experience. Drugs don’t ruin lives, people’s nature, attitude, and even beliefs ruin them. Addiction is a personality trait, not an inherent factor of drugs. People who watch too much movies and horribly depicted marijuana commercials believe the retarded things you guys are saying here. I’ve seen people very close to me walk over and back from that line. And the signs of things to come we’re present before drugs got involved. Just like we look for something quick and easy to blame, guns for example, we look for a quick and easy solution. Instead of visiting mental health issues, we jump to ban guns. What an ass backwards society we have become. And back to the direct situation, any one know the name of those plants that they put at hospitals and business office parking lots that has the same odor? Well you probably forgot cause the odor is bothersome, but you don’t have silly opinions about it cause nobody smokes it. If you over paid undereducated people who reside here talking about bringing this city to full glory even understood what that meant, you would realize you are an equal aggressor in destroying out city. I also find it hilarious how many of you pathetically self unpowered people use anon or some other form of masking your voice, you people scare me way more with your fictitious city council power than any person coming to steal a plant out of someone’s backyard. Especially since every house robbery I read about presents further evidence of violence to the neighbors yard they went through! Open your eyes, not your mouth!

39 ClayCord Dad February 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

So I guess we can’t park nice cars outside as they might “create a risk to public safety, since their value and visibility encourage trespass and theft, posing the risk of violence and injury.”

No more smoking cigarettes or fertilizing or bbq’ing in your yard. It will be found that these activities “often emit offensive … fumes, which can interfere with the use and enjoyment of neighboring properties.”

The people that are complaining about this are the same people that complain about a dog barking. I know of a lady that complains because her neighbors children practice the violin and piano.

If you expect to be shielded from the LEGAL activities of others then you shouldn’t be living in a city.

This won’t stand up in court.

40 liberty lover 2 February 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Wow what a crock of s!”+ lets turn as many law abiding citizens into criminals as possible thinking about moving my Buisness out of Concord as I have already greatfully moved myself out. There was someone growing by my Buisness in Concord we had customers ask about the oder we simply explained to them what was going on and they didn’t seem to mind. It I’d not right this is medicine

41 ChampagneKitty February 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM

to Concord Resident #35: Most people are not saying that medical marijuana smokers are hurting anyone. That isn’t what this is about.

to Susan #40: On what grounds?

42 Anonymrs. February 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Pass all the bans you want. If its not enforced, what good is it??

43 The Mamba February 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Concord’s on the wrong side of this, unfortunate to see. You have meth heads running around shooting people and undocumented illegal aliens living 10 deep in apartment buildings but feel like taking weed away from sick people is more important.

44 Anon777 February 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

MORONS!! I totally agree with UrAmericanBrother, Styles and Steinberg.

Offensive odor my a$$. It’s a freakin plant growing! I’m calling in my neighbor now because his tomato plants smell offensive me. Oh yeah and every single POS Mercedes that drives in front of me. Those engines should be outlawed!

45 Pegasus February 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Someone keeps stealing my orchids. I think my neighbor who resents the odor is involved but can’t prove it. He’s an anti-orchid bully.

46 Let's Go Oakland February 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM

This town has a terrible habit of banning things they don’t like.

47 Let's Ban Everything That Annoys Just Me February 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I’m with you Betty. When a neighbor is annoying me and I have to draw the line, I make sure to get the city council to enforce my will upon the entire city.

I’m not sure what criteria you and I are utilizing for tagging someone as “less than worthy”, but I’m sure we are on the same page. We’re talking about white guys driving big trucks and frumpy mothers tooting around in SUV’s, right? Definitely a questionable crowd if you ask me…and you should ask me. I, like yourself, am the ultimate judge of character.

48 Shuley February 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

The State Supreme Court is currently hearing a case involving local ordinance vs. the law passed by the legislature. If they rule in favor of the appellant, this was a big fat waste of time and would never hold up in court. Why not wait for the ruling?

49 Marty McFly February 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Biff, I told you two coats of wax, not just one. Don’t con me.

1.21 Jiggawatts!!!!

LOL

50 ChampagneKitty February 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM

to The Mamba #46: In what way is medical marijuana being taken away from sick patients? Where are you getting this from?

51 PuhLease February 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

The criminal element is some young kids trying to snatch some buds. Just because your neighbor is growing doesn’t mean you have to beef up your security. That’s bs like saying my next door neighbor has a diamond necklace so now I have to beef things up. It’s just another thing for the ultra privileged, super narrow minded, stingy whining citizens of Clayton to whine about. I see more ignorance when perusing the same comments on this Site than I do on Facebook or anywhere else for that matter. You guys whine about anything and everything. You’re censors of anything you happen to not like. You are advocates of snatching the rights right from under people an it makes me ashamed to be a citizen of this city. Why don’t you move to Russia where that kind of horsesh*t stands. Your all so concerned about the weed heads yet little do you know your son is snorting adderal to make good grades. Your daughter is popping ecstasy at parties. An your spouse is cruising porn sites on the daily.

52 Elwood February 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Isn’t it nice that nobody smokes that **** to get high any more? It’s all medicine now.

Who knew there were so many sick people who need that particular medicine?

It must be a flipping epidemic.

And if you believe that, I have a couple of really nice bridges I’d like to show you.

53 Toke February 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM

The next thing they’ll do is make people turn down their music if it’s too loud…oh, wait, they can already do that.

Er, next thing they’ll do is ban horses and cows from lots without enough space….er, ah, they already can do that.

Um, next thing they’ll do is ban public nudity on your front lawn…oh, they already can do that.

Oh, maybe they’ll ban firing off a firearm in your backyard. Oh, wait, that’s banned, too.

Or, maybe they’ll only allow businesses in certain parts of town. I guess they already do that, too.

Huh. Seems like city councils have a lot of leeway and some authortity to enforce “civility”.

If you want to grow your own meds, then grow them inside (corn and bell peppers doesn’t stink).

And I’ll promise not to pile up my dog’s droppings against the fence that we share, so the odor doesn’t waft it’s way into your house.

54 x pot dealer; military vet, honor grad February 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM

full legalization of pot will HURT dealers… I know because I sold pot for years. The market value will drop, and taxation will hurt sellers and buyers alike.
oh and BTW I’m not apart of some drug cartel, or gang. I sold pot so I could support myself after high school. I’m a decorated veteran of 3 tours, and honor graduate. I pay taxes. I’m also a medical patient.
all I have to say to those of you who are bashing “medical” pot, calling it fake.
See what I saw, do what I was ordered to do. watch as your brothers are killed and maimed in front of you. Watch a pre-teen shoot your best friend, and take aim at you, with an AK. Would you shoot a child? to save your squad and your own life? How would you feel after you where ordered to kick down the front doors of innocent people. families having dinner. People I called “terrorists”… people who cried out “you are worse than Saddam” as we dragged them from their homes and beat them..
I was ordered to perform my “duties” for “your freedom”….. that’s what you call it. NO I did those things for your OIL, for our goverments desire to rule and police….
I cannot live one day without regret for what I did, and I cannot sleep one night without having horrible nightmares watching my brothers blown up, and shot right in front of me…
that is without pot…. when I smoke before sleeping, I do not remember any dreams or nightmares. when I smoke durring the day, I can acctually keep my mind off of what I saw and did overseas..
So for someone else to sit there and say the medical value of pot is a joke.
IT PISSES ME OFF…
I DARE YOU TO TOUR THE MIDDLE EAST AS I DID, See if you’re ok without smoking a harmless plant.
as for the smell and danger of crime, SERIOUSLY? your roses smell, your cooking dinner smells, your shit smells.
you don’t see me trying to ban shitting in public places… so STOP trying to BAN WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR OWN YARDS.

55 Robert February 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

There are 2 bills going through Congress right now for the legalization of marijuana. When that passes, then what concord? We all know this was a snooty old white person who was raised during the reefer madness era
When all of the ignorant white folk die off, marijuana will start bringing in some serious revenue for this country.

56 Mutts February 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM

AMEN to this ruling.
I have never seen anyone other than old hippies and spaced out younger people using “medical” as an excuse. The stuff is addictive and makes you lazy.May as well die of your “medical” condition as to die of cancer that grass causes.

57 Patrick IMAGINE February 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Imagine the money spent on this feeble topic. The money that could of funded a more effective educational system, police force, or drug prevention programs. So many more problems should be in the forefront. Just saying

58 Aunte Cedent February 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

@ ChampagneKitty #53 –
Pleeeeease tell us you’re kidding. $$$$$$$$$$$

59 ChampagneKitty February 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

to Mutts #59: One would think from your comment that medical marijuana was being banned. No one is banning it. Growers are just being required to move it indoors, that’s all.

60 A joke February 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM

This place is a joke. I love how it’s the pots fault that these people didn’t ammount to anything, the same way that the gun sitting under the mattress just happened to get up and shoot somebody… You all are a bunch of idiots

61 Jeff swift on ayers February 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM

If you really want to put these fears into perspective, just swap banning marihuana with, blacks, women, and pit bulls. Just say your argument over with that change and you will realize that this is really just bigotry and sexism for 2013. No facts, just personal experience for an individual that they apply to a population to serve their point. It’s crazy how proponents for marijuana bring facts to the table and get shot down by opinions. That’s not how our country was built, and it’s the small battles like this where we abandon reality to justify the cause not understanding even minutely what it does to us in a grand scale. The end result is self entitled politicians getting the message that the highest bidder truly runs this nation. Petty minded people are so caught up in the incident they don’t apply the timeline that led to it, or the approach that would actually effect positive change.

62 Tinknocker February 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

My question is, when you look up Concord City Gov web page on the internet and then click on Planning Commission and agenda, it states that the agenda will be posted 72 hours in advance of the meeting and it was not. Why not? It would be nice to know when to attend and voice an opinion to our city government.

63 Anonymous February 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Dear ex pot dealer military vet etc.

You are a liar.

You are playing the part from a b grade movie and probably have not been further then Pacheco. Stop pretending to be a vet.

64 Snooty old white man February 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM

@Robert#58… Where’s all this money going to be rolling in if everybody grows their own “medicne?. The meter reader going to check how many plants you have and tax you? I know ,claim it on your taxes. What a crock.

@Jeff swift on ayers…Put the bong down dude, your ramblings make no sense.

65 @ #57 February 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM

You were not forced into the military. You chose to join. It’s not MY oil, YOU use it also. You sold pot to support yourself? Still makes you a criminal.

66 Rob February 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Cool – so I can have pit bulls that may or may not be off their rocker and AR-15′s and I may or may not be off my rocker but I can’t plant a pot plant regardless of my mental state…

67 The Closer February 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM

This is why I grow poppies and mushrooms for my “medicine”. It doesn’t smell and the nosy neighbors don’t complain.

68 Konkord Kat February 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM

OMG Concord officials plz get a life … We have much more important things to deal with … City of Concord sux
Who cares … U guyz won’t do anything when my nasty neighbor builds his fence 6 inches over my property line but plants growing u waste our taxpayer money on … Geeeeeeeez!!!

69 Don't Censor Me Bro February 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Tell me then; since “Marinol” is medicine derived from Marijuana, why don’t all the “Patients” get real Rx from a reputable MD and save money, instead of ingesting the smoke from burnt weed?

70 Re:Snooty Old White Man February 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

…because everyone is growing their entire grocery list in their backyard as well. I have no idea how grocery stores are even staying open. I’m sure our right to grow tobacco in our backyard has also really hit the tobacco related taxes really hard.

Oh…wait. It hasn’t. Well OMIGARSH!

71 Anonymous February 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Gotta love the pot head who pretends to be a veteran and is all stressed out . Vets don’t snivel like this.They are proud people.You are a fraud.

72 Gen X did not discover Pot February 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I love how some of you pot smokers assume because people don’t want the criminal element and declining property values associated with neighborhood grow operations in their town, it is because we are ignorant, narrow-minded or stingy. Do you really think we know nothing of it? Ever hear of the Sixties??

For the vast majority of us, we have just seen too many burn-outs with capacity for critical thinking destroyed (evidenced by many above posts e.g Jeff Swift, ex pot dealer etc.). We are also fully aware of the increased crime rates associated with pot growing. On the news, you can almost see daily a murder or robbery associated with pot growing. Clear thinking people don’t want it on their streets. Grow it in agricultural areas if you must, for the few that actually need it.

73 No Excuses February 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM

There’s nothing ‘sick’ about my neighbor who used to grow outdoors until he decided maybe his kid was getting too big to see what Dad was growing in his little garden. Now he has a shed, and when he goes in and leaves the door of the shed open, the ‘skunk’ smell in the neighborhood does get very strong, in fact much stronger than it was when the plants were outside.

Can we also ban leaving the doors open for ‘ventilation’ of the plants?

74 @Steinberg February 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Oh please, medical marijuana passed back in the early 1990′s and it was because it was touted as a saving grace for dying, terminal cancer patients. Now that we all see it is a joke and excuse for 18 yr olds to claim glaucoma and back pain for a “med card” from a quack doctor so they can smoke and grow/ deal dope to their friends, no one wants this law anymore! That is why it’s cousin measure, prop 19, recently failed. Now we the people just need to get the ball rolling to repeal medical marijuana! Sorry steu berg, your pot smoking days under the guise of medical marijuana are numbered. Just sayin

75 Anon February 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM

@72 you’re an idiot! people use medical pot for many health reasons. marinol is only used to make very ill aids and cancer patients hungry. also, medical pot is not always smoked.

76 Mugsy world February 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Amazing what one complaining old nag can do . Lets all bow down to the old people

77 anon February 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

They should ban stereos in cars, as those are attractive to criminals as well. And big screen TVs. And handbags. Hell, anything that might attract a criminal to commit a crime should be banned.

78 Betty February 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM

SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OTHER NEIGHBORS GROWING IT ARE TELLING ME YOU’D BE DOWN WITH SOMEONE SETTING UP SHOP NEXT DOOR TO YOU?? I DON’T CARE THESE PEOPLE ARE GROWING IT, I CARE THAT MY HOUSE SMELLS, THE ENTIRE HOUSE MIND YOU, INSIDE AND OUT, THE GARAGE TAKING SOOOO MUCH OF THE STENCH IN!!! YES, I WELCOME YOU ALL TO COME OVER ALLLLL SUMMER LONG AND SMELL IT! I DON’T CARE IF IT WAS SOMEONE TOKING HERE OR THERE AND I SMELL IT NOW AND THEN, GROSS, BUT TOO BAD, THEY WANNA DO IT, BUT I DO MIND A PERSISTENT ODOR THOUGH! SO YOU’RE ALL TELLING ME YOU’D BE OKAY WITH HAVING YOUR HOUSE SMELL LIKE YOU ARE COHABITATING WITH A SKUNK FOR MONTHS?!?!?!?!?! NO, CANDLES ETC. DO NOT MASK IT! MY NEIGHBORS HAVE IT RIGHT UP NEXT TO THE FENCE IN THEIR LARGE YARD AS FAR FROM THEIR HOUSE AS POSSIBLE, AND IN TURN REEKING UP MY MUCH SMALLER YARD AND HOUSE! THEY SIMPLY NEED TO MOVE THEM FURTHER OUT SOMEWHERE OR SOMETHING!!!

79 Antler February 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

ChampagneKitty is making very appropriate corrections to some of the claims on here. Obviously, most of you have no earthly idea what the proposed agricultural use ordinance will do. It is still possible that you can go to the City website and watch last night’s meeting of the Planning Commission, and I strongly suggest that you do so.

The proposed ordinance does not ban the medicinal use of marijuana. It does not prohibit those who prefer to grow their own marijuana for their OWN use from doing so, but they would need to grow the plants indoors.

I hope the Concord City Council will ratify the ordinance. And I look forward to the day when patients in the United States may take a Rx for marijuana (whether for pill or loose-leaf form) to the pharmacy and have it filled. That will not stop illegal growers or the drug market, but it would offer a more legitimate and compassionate situation than what we have now.

80 old concord February 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

WOW I love the buzz this topic brings. Here on claycord we can all speak and have a big split in the 2 sides. The half aginst the ban and half for the ban. The half that is for the ban can be dividid about in half , 1/2 want this total ban the other 1/2 has an understanding and compassion but concerns. How can we as a big diverse city be so split while the city plannig commition and our city council have no proble going 10-0 voteing.Something smells in Concord but it’s not the marijuana .

81 Pegasus February 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM

@ #77 –
Fair enough, as long as all abused drugs are done away with too.

82 UrAmericanBrother February 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Okay ChampagneKitty,

You asked in what way medical marijuana is being taken away from sick patients? If they are still able to grow indoors then what is the problem, right? Well do you know how much energy it takes to produce an indoor marijuana operation? If you think it is costly to heat your home in the winter then you would be hard pressed to afford grow lights and timers. Do you know how much energy you need for outdoor growth? Its call the Sun.

So perhaps sick patients can get an extra job to supplement their income to pay for their new expense, an expense forced upon them by the local government. Or maybe they should just grow it and tell the local government to take them to court. Do you see how this takes an easily grown medicine and transforms it into a high cost expenditure for ill people? I hope you do.

83 PuhLease February 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM

@77 you are out of your mind Marijuana is the states biggest cash crop the feds an a couple of twits in Sacramento weed ain’t going nowhere buddy

84 Think MMJ is a joke? Think Again February 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

As was pointed out in the other thread on this topic: On November 5, 1996 Contra Costa County leaned heavily in support of Prop. 215. Yes 63.3% to No 36.7%.

And to all who think the medicinal properties of this plant is a joke, why does our government hold the patent for medicinal mj?

US Patent 6630507 – Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
Application: filed on 2/02/2001
US Patent Issued on October 7, 2003
Assignee: The United States of America, as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services

Even big pharma is getting in on the health benefits of mmj. This is probably a big reason why there has been so many crackdowns on dispensaries. Forget the natural stuff, make way for Big Pharma MMJ, Sativex, that will most likely make it’s debut in the U.S. this year (and will keep the plant illegal so big business can profit).

“Sativex® is a cannabinoid medicine for the treatment of spasticity due to multiple sclerosis which is also in development in cancer pain and neuropathic pain of various origins…”

85 Styles February 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

This is a great forum! Can’t wait to see the outcome in the near future and in a couple of years. However I do know this, if the vote ends up to ban growing it will definitely cost the tax payers of Concord alot of money.

Hey Don’t Censor Me Bro. your comment on S#16 makes no sense and goes agianst your past blogs unless I am mistaken. I thought you are against guns and gun ownership. Please correct me if I am wrong.

86 The Mamba February 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hi Betty, welcome to the internet. We have civilized discussions here without shouting at each other all the time. While your input is appreciated, you style of delivery unfortunately undermines your message.

87 old concord February 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I went to both the city coulcil meeting and the city planning meeting. It was an education in it self. At the city council meeting the council agreed to vote for the ban in most part to protect the childern. At the city planning meeting it wasn’t so much to protect us from the bad people that come with it. Another seemingly good reason,right. Well went down to the police station and twisted some 2005 city stats up to 2012. How many marrijuana muders happen in Concord last year.I know How many muders of any kind in Concord 2012? I know. There both ZERO. This is a very safe city. The scare stories they came up with from other parts of the country. The stories are scary and told to scare you. Well got to go get my highschooler.

88 heshkid February 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM

What did I miss guys ???(hella high)
B-)

89 Medical or not is really not the issue anyways February 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I’m not sure why pro-marijuana advocates harp on the medical side of things. It play into giving your opposition such a lousy, but loud, bit of ammunition in this discussion.

A discussion that really should be, why is this substance still illegal? Recreational or medical. A discussion where anti-legalization proponents have an intellectually bankrupt platform that relies on fear mongering, illusions of morality crisis and a lot of general “just because” to back their position. We’re just feeding them false empowerment of their ridiculous stance when they can say, “all those medical cards being used for recreation…”.

Like prohibition, only the dealers, the gullible and those desperate for morality points benefit from a popular recreational substance being illegal. These people want us to waste government tax dollars enforcing and imprisoning harmless recreational small-time users and growers (as harmful as a drunk, not a crack/meth head) and wasting resources used in a corrupted infinite war on drugs.

In the case of the dealers, one of the commentators is correct, if not rambling and going a tad weird. Anti-marijuana’s feverish obsession over the plant’s link with “unsavory people”, has them failing to see that by this plant being illegal — we are actually funding these people. When anything is illegal and there is a demand, the criminal organizations will have not only a market, but complete control of prices and unregulated profit. If we outlawed sugar tomorrow, you’d be able to buy a pound of sugar in a few weeks that arrived via questionable means — for 200 bucks.

There are so many reasons to legalize both medical and recreational use of marijuana that, as a society, we must look absolutely ridiculous still having this debate.

90 Let's Ban Everything That Annoys Just Me February 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Betty. I sympathize. Like you, the Internet’s opinions are annoying me and frankly, I think it may be filled with “questionable people”. Please join me at the next city council meeting to discuss banning the Internet in Concord.

91 Jimmyjack February 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Just my thoughts after plowing thru 85 comments:
- We don’t know all that we should about marijuana as “Medicine” because the Gov’t won’t authorize the proper research and testing.
- Marinol is synthetic and is not a derivative of cannabis itself. Since it is synthetic, than it is man made from whatever they mix together in the lab, just like all the other pharmaceuticals that cure one ailment and start 5 new ones.
- How many people “Medicate” with alcohol ?? “I’m under a lot of stress”, “Bad day at work”, “My back hurts”, “I can’t sleep,I’ll have a few pops to relax me” and on and on and on……..I know, I’ve done it !!
- Alcohol,Tobacco, and Coffee all have proven physically addicting properties and kill 100,000 ‘s a year……..Oh, and not to mention those items are all sold at gas stations,stores and mini marts that are easily within 1000′ of schools. I know this because this is where your teenager buys his/her “High Energy” super drinks that are probably more damaging than anything mentioned above. They do this while they feed their addiction to gambling while playing lotto.
- Has anyone actually stayed calm enough to go over to your neighbors house and tell them that you love to enjoy the evenings with your windows open, but don’t really care for the aroma and is there anyway they could take care of it. Just the fact that you discuss it with them sends a message that you are aware of what’s going on.
- Maybe that fat,lazy,stupid brother,sister,friend, uncle was…….fat,stupid and lazy prior to smoking…….I don’t see alcohol as the great motivator that’s for sure.
- I see both sides of the issue, but everyday we lose more of our freedoms in “The Land of the Free”
- I bet most of those on here that oppose cannabis are the same people that post that even though it’s a “No Burn Day” I’m going to have a fire anyway…regardless of who smells my smoke and I’m tired of the Gov’t telling me when I can have a fire and when I can’t.
- I see children in ED’s Mudville grill playing video games while their parents sit and enjoy food and plenty of drink…oh and the park is less than 50 feet away…how convenient……probably easier for a child to sip a cocktail off a table than it is to jump somebody’s fence and steal plants….
- Last, but not least……I think most of you need to pay more attention to your house and your families before you start policing others…..make sure your side of the street is clean and trouble free before you go sticking your nose into others peoples business and I’m not just talking about weed !

92 Master Green Thumb February 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Hi again Old Concord, I met you lastnight at the council meeting, I was the younger gentelman with the tie. It is a shame how only this one-sided view of banning outdoor gowing was presented to the council. Nothing that we could of said would change the councils minds, they knew they were going to pass it the second they walked in the door. I am very disappointed that all of you claycordians who oppose this ban did not show up… I was there along with a couple of other people who felt the need to protect their rights and freedoms as medical cannibis patients. The fight is not over! If we all stand up to our city government and let our voices be heard, we can educate everyone on how this ban will not make things better, there will be the same amount of crime but now we will be dealing with break ins/ home invasions and house fires…. No need to fear fellow parients! Its not passed yet! There is a good chance that will be completely legal soon. Oh, and that offensive smell, its the smell of compassion and victory! God bless you all, dont be affraid to speak up for your rights as a medical cannibis patient, lets be proactive, positive and gracious as we fight for our right to grow medical cannibis in our backyards.

93 Jim February 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM

@Be real and MissJamie….There are also lots of “Phonies” who get medical marijuana permits…My neighbor gets “migraines” and was able to obtain his permit…BTW…he doesn’t get migraines..so i think WC44 is making that point…”medical” marijuana is a joke in terms of enforcement, obtaining permits, who actually “sick”… I don’t see that comment as saying it has no benefits…maybe look past the end of your tirade and stop defending your beliefs and look deeper…you both totally missed the point

94 Yes I'm a hippie ..and??? February 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Betty needs to BTS once in a while…look at her writing in all caps ppl she’s mad !! Mad at the beautiful smell of Mary Jane. Now I’m mad because all you people waste your time hating on the potheads when most of your fam is probably on some REAL dope prescribed to them while I just want to go to my backyard and BTS in peace…when will u ppl WAKE UP and stop being mad at a plant that grows out of the earth not processed into a lil pill to get you all cracked out !

95 old concord February 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Master green thumb thanks and we will prevail. Truth is the best policy. It takes time to turn the donkey around but it did get us up and thinking. The more we communicate the more we learn. I know most of my friends can’t go to the meetings because they have families and lives to live and don’t want any troble. My silent majority. Thanks to you who are able support me and my kind with compassion and understanding. =)

96 old concord February 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I sure would like to have a show of support at the next meeting. It’s getting late in this fight and I’m not the great communicator. I would like to get together with like minded people and others that want to know about this matter. I can help you understand my situation and others like me. We have many great oppertunities here in Concord. Let’s move forward not backwards. I would like to harness this beautiful oppertunity of a lifetime and see Concord take the lead in stepping up and saying We’re mad as hell and we won’t take it anymore.

97 Elwood February 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM

@ Old Concord #90

There hasn’t been enough rain this meeting at Golden Gate Fields to determine if any of the horses are muders.

98 Elwood February 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

@ jimmyjack #94

How many bong hits did you do before writing that?

Quite a few, I’d wager.

99 nondope February 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

There’s a reason it’s called dope. Dopes use it and want to grow it. How many successful people use dope on a regular basis? Not many. You can tell by the dopes posting here. Listen up dopes…the city is trying to help you out. Get a job….if you have a job, get a career. You won’t miss being a dope. I promise.

100 Elwood February 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM

It’s easy to spot the pot heads on here.

Their brains are fried and their thought processes scrambled.

They couldn’t write a coherent sentence if the prize was a year’s supply of buds.

101 Lorelei February 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Ha Ha Ha! The City Council just hasn’t figured out a way to make money from individuals growing their own pot! Watch a cancer patient waste away because he/she can’t keep food down, and then tell me that marijuana is not a valuable drug. The “legal” drug companies want ALL the profits, so they don’t want you to help yourself. I agree with the fact that alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and all manner of other drugs are deadly, but we know how to make money with them, so they stay. I’m old and I LOVE weed the same way I LOVE a glass of wine. Get a grip America; you are waaaaay too provincial!

102 old concord February 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM

@Elwood I love mudders=)

103 Master Blaster February 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM

@95

“Nothing that we could of said would change the councils minds, they knew they were going to pass it the second they walked in the door.”

You are right…Concord, where families come first! : )

104 greg February 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Im for legalization as well but when your growing weed plants that straight up stank right next to your neighbors house, thats just straight up disrespectful and pretty stupid. The exuse about the bbq smell is dumb, people dont bbq 24/7 so its not in your face all day and night. I like it when pot smokers start getting all political on here though, Its frickin hilarious. The fact is, that the council is just trying too prevent crime and help out the people who have a right too use there yards without stanky pot plants in there face. And this is coming from someone who’s had a cannabis card and used to smoke daily until i grew out of it. No one is trying to take away your “medicine”, people are just trying to keep more of a family atmosphere in there neighborhood, I hope everyone can understand that.

105 Anon February 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Just infect your neighbors yard with vertriciullum wilt and he won’t be growing anything, that and white flies.

Come to think of it,

Have any of you pot heads realized that by growing your “medicine” inside you would greatly reduce your need for pesticides. While its a proven “fact” that smoking pot cannot hurt you, incinerating and inhailing pesticides will pretty probably give you cancer. Of couses chemical fertilizers may do that too but at least the weed is natural.

You don’t need a special grow room just a sunny window, or does it bother you that your house will smell like sh%#.

This is just more of the lefty bs. You are finally allowed to do something, but instead of just moving on you have to force it onto your neighbors. Then get mad and act discriminated against when people voice their objections. Because after all only your current cravings really matter.

106 Susan February 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I like the way you said that, Anon:
“Because after all only your current cravings really matter” This is a treasure.

107 Anon February 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Round Up

Super soaker

Midnight

Ps who BBQs 24hrs a day seven days a week for three months straight? Unless they have the munches of course.

108 old concord February 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

@nondope You just so how far away from the truth you are. Med. Marijuana or dope as you call it.Silly old style propaganda Go out learn and praise God you don’t need to use it. @ lorelei Your to fun. Unfortunatly you are right about the money. Someone else wrote about the money. That’s why I say we need to get ahead of the greedy people who are waiting in the wings to come and fleece Concord. The real money is made on the black market and the dispenseries in some cities now. When this backwards thinking law happens. We just hold Claycordians hostage to the crooks. We have a great oppertunity here to harnass the value of this herb. The old weapon staition would give our city a great oppertunity to bring in alot of money to the city. The thing I like about the location is no one even comes in to your main city area. Their off the freeway and right back on. They can take it to where ever they came from and never bother the citizens of Concord. I don’t know if we could have co op of Claycordians and keep the money here. Our police and firemen can once agin get a raise They do diserve. I would like to see us use some to go for compation care of those in need. Claycordians takeing care of Claycordians

109 Austin Powers February 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

“keep spinning baby” aka: Pot Heads.

110 old concord February 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM

@ anon It’s not a craveing. I choose the med. marijuana over the oxycotn,soma and other American drugs for many reasons. I can’t explain all the reasons I choose to use this drug on line.The question is who gave you the right to judge me and the way I choose to medicate my self. Education you need to learn more about this subject. I still love ya all=)

111 @nondope February 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

What are you, twelve? Did you just time warp out of your 1988 DARE class? Here’s a list for you:

-Steve Jobs (Apple)
-Richard Branson (Virgin)
-Michael Bloomberg (Richer than all Claycord commentators put together)
-Ted Turner (Major American TV station owner…when that meant something)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (Actor, Governator)
- At LEAST our last 3 presidents
- Every major entertainer, artist, musician, actor
- Most software developers
- Damn near every major athlete
- Anyone who has gone to college

This list took me a whopping 10 seconds to compile. The only list that would have been easier to compile is “successful people that are also or have been chronic masturbators”. Hint: it’s all of them.

112 Diablo Dude February 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

@nondope

Please don’t bring chronic masturbaters into the conversation, that can be a sore subject.

113 Travis Bickle February 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM

@ Jeff swift #64:

Did you just compare this ban to racism and sexism? Take another hit and write another comment. You’re making an excellent argument to ban all uses of cannabis.

114 Anon February 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Please ignore the trolls, idiots and low life who post here (note to moderator, why do you allow there idiotic postings?), this is the right choice. Thank you to the city for doing the right thing. This has nothing to do with individual rights, it is simply being a good neighbor. If you low life’s want to grow pot, do it in your home. Of course when it burns down due to you being too stoned to care that your house is on fire, you’ll have no one to blame but your loser selves. Hopefully this will be an example to other cities so we can stop the drug culture from taking hold, more than it has, in our cities.

Thanks again!

115 Howard K. Mullins III February 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

@Lorelei February 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

You are correct.

Marijuana needs to be legalized and regulated. Hemp needs to grown like cotton. There is a hell of a lot this weed can do for good things.

So many puppets, so few puppeteers. Time to cut the strings.

116 Howard K. Mullins III February 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

@Anon February 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Thanks for speaking you mind.

Too bad you don’t want to allow others to do so as well.

expletive deleted

117 Howard K. Mullins III February 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

@@nondope February 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Crude statement at the end.

Your comments had some merit until you hit the gutter.

Now? Worthless.

118 Anon February 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

@old concord

“The question is who gave you the right to judge me and the way I choose to medicate my self.”

Didn’t judge you just gave an opinion that left you with no choice but to play the “hurt little victim” card. Like I said leftist bs

Never said you shouldn’t grow it just said don’t be an asshole about it and inflict it on you neighbors.

119 JAC February 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Have the pro potters be taking lessons from the NRA?

“It’s not enough that pot is legal, now I must be allowed to stuff it down your throat!”

Assault bongs on every hip with thirty joint magazines in every pocket!

Pry my hash pipe from my cold dead fingers!

120 Atticus Thraxx February 7, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Howard K. Mullins III straight up regulatin’. You go boy. ‘Bout time someone rode herd on these lost little doggies. What with their marijuana joints and bong pipes. It’s anarchy is what it is.
Next thing you know they”ll start lettin’ the gays marry. And you’ll be able to get an abortion from Amazon.com. Anarchy I tell ya.

121 old concord February 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM

@ anon Are you on the council?

122 @nondope now @howard February 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

@Howard

A joke about masturbation shuts my point down? That logic may work great when arguing with children, amongst adults it just makes you look like you can’t handle context. At best a person who is easily distracted from the main point of what is being said. At worst, it’s a pretty sorry attempt at deflecting the topic. If not desperation to find any reason to devalue a factual point.

P.S. MASTURBATION

123 only 5 years here February 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Why wouldn’t I want to grow a couple of plants and save around $200.00 like last year. Just put them in the ground and water. Not some indoor grow tent, grow lights, specialty fertilizer , etc. We were discrete about it to avoid trespassing from the neighbor’s teenage gardener. Can we see about banning blowers while banning things. The same gardeners blow for about an hour every week all year. The dog across the street barks all the time, are there regulations to ban barking dogs? or how about all dogs? I can understand not wanting to live next door to a grow operation of cannabis or for that matter just about anything. Is any consideration given to the proportion ? Couldn’t the problem that started this be addressed though regulations on noxious odors?

124 J February 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

The woman who started this, lives near the Mayor of Concord. She walked around the neighborhood with a petition.
I agree that having to grow inside isn’t very economical, with the electricity, and all the possible fires.
I think The people should get to vote, if they are going to try and take our rights away. I thought the United States was a free Country. First this, what is next?
Come on Concord get your head out of your ass!

125 old concord February 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM

@master green thumb I hope to see you agin. At the next council meeting I hope to see you all there. The city council pretty much went said they were doing it for the children. Then here they had ahigh school boy talk for the ban, I didn’t want to bring in the kids but people need to hear the truth from some other young people. I’m going to try and get 3 young people to explain why this is ban is bad government. =)

126 old concord February 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

was hopeing to get this reporters ear that wrote the story for the cctimes but when I hit send comment under his story. I got I have to be a facebook member. Maybe try him by phone. =)

127 g0tgot February 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

dam whats wrong with people. i guess ill have to start cutting down the jasmine , the rosemary and the mint too .