Concord Police Chase Two Motorcyclists Near Markham Nature Park

February 6, 2013 · 40 comments

Concord Police were chasing two dirt-bike riders who were driving reckless near Markham Nature Park in Concord at about 4:45 on Wednesday.

The chase began just off West Street, and ended about two minutes later. One motorcyclist drove into Markham Nature Park, and the other drove into El Monte Elementary School, which is behind Cowell Park.

Both bikes did not have license plates, and one of the riders was wearing a black hat.

The pursuit was terminated due to unsafe conditions.

1 old concord February 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Probly just some of our childern. Bless the little ones.=)

2 Catgirl February 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I wonder if one of them is the a**hole that keeps revving his engine and speeding as he goes by my house here in Clyde. I’m gonna tie some sheets to my mailbox and wait across the street to clothesline the douchebag. It’s beyond annoying when it’s 7-8 times…

3 J. February 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Mayor, did they catch them over by Home Depot?

4 New Concord February 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

this was me all summer long! stayyy smashhin concord

5 Catgirl February 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Seriously though mayor, have them check out Clyde, I regularly hear someone speeding through here on a dirt bike. Maybe it’s who they’ve chased.

6 new concord February 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Maybe your children… not mine. Mine are disciplined and behave appropriately. Yours we probably won’t have to worry about for very long acting like this.

7 jj February 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM

just like the goog old days

8 Wise ant February 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Popped uh wheelie im sweatin, WOO!

9 Duck February 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Good on CPD for not pressing this reckless pursuit !

10 Buck Fuster February 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Damn! I was hoping for a happy ending. Something like “Both riders crashed into the back of a truck and died slow, painful deaths”.

Maybe next time.

11 Howard K. Mullins III February 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Just boys having fun, breaking all sorts of laws and endangering peoples lives. Must be friends of David Rosen.

12 Dennis February 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Oh goodie. Now all the hoodies will use dirt bikes, because the cops wont chase them.

13 Cal February 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

If one of the bikes was green I may have a photo/video of him riding in this area recently. No helmet wearing a bandana across his mouth.

14 old concord February 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

We could ban dirtbikes from use outside. This way they can still enjoy them in ther own home. Like we do with dirtbags that grow med. marijuana.=) It’s for the childern works for this problem to. Glad I don’t have your job major

15 @Catgirl February 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM

@Catgirl, there is definitely more than one dirt bike in the Claycord area… I rather doubt these are the same, riding non plated, non street legal dirtbikes on the street is usually too risky to travel long distances. Your perp. is most likely a Clyde/North Concord resident.

16 niraj ram February 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM

they need to get these kids

17 Nick February 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

On 5th Ave, we have 2 dirt bikes that go up and down the street, during the day and even when its dark. I almost ran one of them over one night as they have no reflectors or lights on the bikes. Might be the same guys, I saw one of them was pulled over last week by a cop on 5th Ave, but was let go after just a few minutes of talking to by the cop.

18 Anon February 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Shoot them. That’s what the bullets are for.

19 anonanonagain February 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Idiots running amok on the streets of Claycord…….

20 anon February 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I usually hear a dirt bike going up and down Salem St. during the day and evening time. That’s where the pursuit started.

21 Jerk February 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

What’s it matter if they’re riding reckless or safely?
NO PLATE = NO RIDING ON STREET or Sidewalks.

22 anon February 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

“I saw one of them was pulled over last week by a cop on 5th Ave, but was let go after just a few minutes of talking to by the cop.”

Officer— do your job & write them tickets & tow the bike

I lived at Clayton & West years ago & never slept thru the night because of M/C & cars with loud pipes—GOD I hate them

23 anon666 February 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I used to get stopped by the Moraga cops for riding my dirt bike (YZ490, I miss that beast) by friend’s house. He lived by Safeway and they’d just tell us to keep them off the streets or out of the parking lot if there were people there.

We’d also play on quads and mini bikes (vintage style) and they didn’t really give two shits.

24 Catgirl February 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Yeah, I know there’s more than one, but whoever this is, is also reckless and you just never know. Just on the off chance it is the same person, wanted to give a heads up. :)
The guy was riding through here pretty recklessly just before that chase I believe today.

25 busybody February 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM

The folks that blog on this site for a living crack me up. It could be a person walking down the street with their shoes on backwards and you would want them hung.

26 Em Dubya February 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

If it were 1979 I’d say they were heading to “twilight” on Lime Ridge for some moto action.

27 dirt bike February 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Friends of David Rosen Im sure…..

28 The Closer February 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

@busybody#25… Welcome to Claycord.

29 kris February 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

they went down my st Olympia st. theres a bunch of kids on this st good thing they were not out playing today not safe they ride mo peds and dirt bikes down this st and i dont like it cause they dont care whats around them.

30 JRConcord February 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I am going out in my inviisible helicopter to drop imagineary handgreandes on them. BOOM watch out invisible imagineary body parts flying everywhere.

31 ronanon February 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Just some good ole boys.
Never meenin no harm
Just some good ole boys,
Been in trouble with the law since the day nthey was born.

32 BreakingJen February 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Interesting, I wonder if these are the same two teens who were in the park when I was there last time. My future Mr.BreakingJen to-be and I visited Markham just two weeks ago, we were doing a final walk through to see if this indeed was where we wanted to hold our ceremony. The first time we visited the park it was quiet and actually pretty nice. But this last time there were two guys, maybe 16-20 years old, who were taking turns riding a dirt back through the parking lot and onto the residential streets. They were revving the enging and popping wheelies and all without a helmet, just a dorag on his face. Those two along with the other guy who were freely smoking pot not 10 feet from a family picnicing with two small toddlers was enough to get us to change our minds. We decided on the Gardens in HF instead. Definitely glad we made that last visit before booking with the city.

33 Mac February 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

unsafe conditions = a better way to say “They got a way”

34 KenInConcord February 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Twilight—Barrel— Suicide — rat trap — slaughter house— triple jump.

Just words to some, But they were a way of life to many Concord kids in the late 70’s.

35 Starfish February 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

So Ken, which words have the meaning of life to you.

36 Anon2you February 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM

@ KeninConcord – Amen brother…I remember the old days to…
I do not consider this a major crime unless they were weaving in and out of traffic and if they were, I bet they were heading to a place to ride when they saw the cop and then started driving recklessly.
When we were young there were so many places to ride, no one cared and it kept us busy, so we weren’t out vandalizing play structures…the cops would occasionally tell someone off for riding on the “street” but never was it considered a CRIME in the sense of the word, and certainly not one that would warrant a “pursuit” of any kind, safe or unsafe…
Pick your battles people, kids want to ride dirt bikes in the dirt, in order to get to the dirt, a few roads must be crossed!

37 Chill out February 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

They’re just dirtbikes chill out people and these kids are in no way associated with David Rosen. Just boys being boys.

38 cant catch me February 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Im to fast and a better rider than any of the concord pd bike cops so good luck catching me,,, haha never thought I would be so popular for just being a boy out having some fun on my bike. Wish I got to ride around with some of you guys who talk about the ol days,,, now its hard to find places to ride

39 Atticus Thraxx February 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Thought the whole point of dirt biking IS driving recklessly. Leave ‘em alone. Friggin’ cops sometimes.

40 Wise ant February 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM