MISSING: Joey is Missing from the Landana Drive Area of Concord

February 4, 2013 20:53 pm · 22 comments

joey_missing

Joey is missing!

The dog, who was recently adopted from the East Bay Animal Rescue & Refuge Association (EBARR), got out of his new home in the Landana Drive area of Concord.

Here is the information from EBARR:

AATTENTION! We need your help, our beloved Joey is lost. He escaped from his new family around 6pm Sunday afternoon near Landana Drive in concord. He is a black and white miniature poodle and super friendly. Any sighing or info please contact us by email or 925-429-2785.

He is chipped and had recently been groomed. Please share and help us find our sweet Joey.

1 GoGo Gomez February 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Mayor the dog is near park next to CHS all day.

2 GoGo Gomez February 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Woodsdale ct Lynwood dr

3 contra5costa February 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM

What a sweet Dog. When did he go missing. I will keep an eye out for him.

4 landana February 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Glad he’s chipped. I’ll keep an eye out for him on my walks.

5 Just reading this February 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I haven’t seen him but the park next to CHS is the Dave Brubeck Park.

6 Post Missing Dog Here February 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

https://www.facebook.com/BringMabelHome?ref=ts&fref=ts. This Facebook page has been phenomenal in finding lost pets. All with the power of social media and viral postings. Also contact http//:www.petharbor.com to look for him.

7 No Excuses February 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

When you adopt a dog try to make sure it did not previously live anywhere near you. I adopted a little senior mutt whose previous owner had passed, and the family wouldn’t keep her because she wasn’t very wee-wee trained to ‘ask’ to go out. The previous owner, it seems, walked her around the neighborhood several times a day so she never had to ‘ask’.

Guess what. That little booger pretends like she loves me to death, but if she finds a gap anywhere; the door, gate or under the fence—home she goes–about six long blocks! The people there now just call me when she shows up sitting on their porch when they get home from work, or if I see she’s out of the back yard I go straight there to find her.

8 momo February 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Years ago a dog we had just gotten dug a hole and escaped. We live by concord blvd and Denkinger. 3 days later we got a call from a woman who lives by Clayton valley high school. He was in her backyard. Moral of this story is the dog could be any where. So don’t confine your search just to your neighborhood. Does it have a collar with phone number on it. Even if it is chipped somebody has to take it to a facility to scan it. Good old phone number is the best way

9 Teacher February 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

With all the good news about the other animals being found, I have faith that this one will be too.

10 TooCute February 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I hope you find your adorable little dog. Best of luck.

11 Keith February 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

No luck – we checked out the park and surrounding streets. So, please keep an eye out for him. He responds to Joey and will likely want to play.

12 LorieStories February 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Whew, I thought Joey was the name of a child. We just found out this weekend our cat was living with a family down the street for the past three years. They spent so much money on the vet and love him, so he’s theirs now. Report Joey missing to the chip company and if he is brought into a vet, They will be able to identify him. But you must report him lost or they won’t.

13 Shasta Daisy February 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Any good news yet?

14 Animal Rescuer February 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

LorieStories has a good point. The chip company our animals are registered with – HomeAgain – has a service if you report them missing. They send an email blast out to a list in your area of people signed up to be alerted, with the location last seen, description and photo if available. I know a lot of vets get and post the emails, for example, Monte Vista Animal Hospital in Concord.

15 Kristine February 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I just forwarded an email from my daughter’s school to the Mayor about a dog that might match this description. I’ll try to copy and paste here:

Today after school a little black dog with grey hair on his face, was found at Foothill.
The dog got out of a white van or truck. The dog doesn’t have any tags.
Please contact the office, 939-8600 for further information.
(Foothill Middle School Walnut Creek – Cedro Lane)

16 Saw Him Sunday February 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

He was between Manzanita and Sandalwood ON Landana Sunday on the even number side of the street sniffing around before the super bowl ended.

17 Wendy Hamilton February 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I am the owner. Kristine please keep the dog and call me at 925-825-1807.

18 Doggie Dad February 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Any news? I hope he’s home safe.

19 Teacher February 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Did Joey make it home yet? I am hoping for some good news.

20 Minutemom February 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Sure hoping this post gets the same results we got with our dear Lady last week – good luck, I’m keeping my eyes out for Joey! :)

21 Starfish February 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Ohhh sadddd…..I hope someone finds that pup. The longer it’s out-the more susceptible to worms or worse it is (ugh). Please keep us updated. :-(

22 wendy hamilton February 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have not yet found my dog joey, my children put up there christmas money and birthday money that they had saved. We fell in love with joey and adopted the dog for $300.00 dollars from e-bar rescue center on clayton road. I have not received any papers on joey and no one has contacted me for over a week. We only had the dog for 5 days. Please help us find the dog.