Crash in Downtown Concord Under Investigation

February 2, 2013 · 27 comments

crash

A Saturday afternoon crash on East Street in downtown Concord is under investigation.

No life-threatening injuries were reported.

Thanks to Nate for the picture!

1 Enfield303 February 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Maybe he’s just checking the wear on his tires. tell him to check the brakes while he’s at it.

2 Cowellian February 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Somebody doesn’t understand the concept of rotating their tires.

3 The Closer February 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

You know times are tough when a tire store can’t afford a carlift

4 Jmouse February 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM

That is the second one today. Earlier around noon I witnessed a hit and run on Port Chicago near North Concord BART.

5 the Shi ite February 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

TEXTING!?!?

6 anon February 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Screwing around in the big city

7 J. February 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

The muffler looks O.K.

8 DoReMi February 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Just for the record, that is an EXCELLENT Tire shop.

9 investigation February 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Since this crash is still under investigation…how long will this investigation take? As far as I know they still have not completed the investigation from the accident on Monument when the skateboader got killed in the crosswalk. Does anyone know how long these investigations take?

10 @#5 February 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Yes, they were obviously texting. What other explanation could there POSSIBLY be, since texting is the ONLY thing that causes traffic accidents. That’s why there were no traffic accidents before the invention of text messaging.

11 Outstanding February 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Now THAT’S how you get free business advertising.

12 Starfish February 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Glad no one was injured. lol-It really looks like he could just right the car and continue.

13 jj February 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

that tire shop is a rip off and advertises free this and free that but it is not been there and i wont go back beware

14 Fig Newton February 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM

That’s the old Goodyear store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That place is a joke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,theres no demand for custom wheels in Concord,,,i never see anyone go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that place was going broke!

15 Concord Guy February 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My office is nearby. I drive that stretch every day.

People drive way too fast at that intersection. If that car had been at speed limit it wouldn’t have flipped.

16 JW February 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Dropping the car off for early bird service?

17 the Shi ite February 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

#10 – That’s why it’s Funny!
PS – It’s called a CRASH, not an accident.

18 anon February 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM

A crash? I thought it was an advertisement for those Superman pants that enable you to turn cars over.

19 Mr. Bassman February 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Reminds me of the series of commercials for America’s Tire Co, where the sweet and unassuming little old lady throws a tire through the front window of the store. Never really made sense to me, but I guess the commercial did its job, in that I remember it…

20 Reptile girl February 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I work not even 50 feet away from the accident. The accident made basically no noise at all it was so fast. Basically from some of the bystanders I talked to there was another car in the middle of the street stopped in the farthest lane to the left (not parking area). The person in the flipped vehicle just was not paying attention and noticed the stopped car took to fast of a left and flipped. The accident site was pretty clean and the area was cleaned up of traffic in no longer than 40 mins. Nobody knows how to drive in downtown concord. Everyone turns onto East going in opposite direction. (It’s a 1 way). Also people cut off people on concord blvd like crazy. Have seen 4 accidents in 6 months. Honking at least 5 times a day at people driving like crazy. Another reason why I don’t park my car in the street. Prefer my own back lot! :)

21 Don't Censor Me Bro February 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

@I #9 they take as long as is necessary based on the issues.

I’m reminded of an ol’ adage = The apple falls from the tree when it is ripe.

22 Don't Censor Me Bro February 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Accident? Crash? Collision?

Let’s call the whole thing off…

23 the Shi ite February 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

PSS – Based on what #20 is stating: Anyone that Stops their vehicle in the middle of a road is a COMPLETE MORON and is putting others in danger.

24 Low Down February 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Judging by the picture…..this guy has a lot to learn about hot wiring a car.

25 Rob February 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I was the first person to call 911
I heard the tires locked up saw the mini van speeding , he looked like he was trying to a void the stopped car so he pulled his car hard to the left and hit the rear of the car and watched his van raise up in the air ans in slow motion rolled over

26 tw February 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM

does my oil pan have leak

27 jose February 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Car tipping was once a sport in HS if I remember right, wan’nt it? Vdubbs and Renaults were favorites…….back in the ’60’s anyway.