The Martinez Police Department Newsletter

January 21, 2013 9:23 am · 8 comments

mpd

Click on the image above to read the Martinez Police Department’s First Online Newsletter.

1 Martinez Resident January 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I like that they spent $25,000 on “an employee gym” when I can’t walk my dog (even in front of the police station) with walking through trash, garbage and broken bottles. The City Employees should have to pay for gym membership just like the City residents do. Use the $$$ wisely…we have a fire station closing down, trash on sidewalks and huge potholes in the road.

2 Anon January 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Drug forfeiture funds are not tax dollars… and being fit is a part of their job and responsiblities, relax.

3 Dana January 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Im with MTZ resident. Why couldnt they use that $25,000 to help out children at risk, homeless, education etc.

4 missimee January 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I wish Concord would put out something like this and like the weekly Pleasant Hill report.

5 boccegrl January 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

As a Life long Resident of Martinez I am Happy to See that We have a

Police Department Newsletter. Thank You Gary and MPD Staff

6 Bill January 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Martinez resident, why don’t you stop and pick up the trash instead of stepping over it and complaining about it. Oh, that’s right, it’s not your responsibility, point the blame somewhere else.

Dana the MPOA does donate to several charities, most of which the officers are using their own money. Keeping them fit is helping all of us, and an essential function of the job. There are very few Police and Fire departments that don’t have a gym. You may want to educate yourself prior to making ignorant comments.

Some people just need to complain, it’s their nature.

7 1015 on 1 January 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Bill – I couldn’t agree with you more!

8 Tami January 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Wish there was a way to subscribe to the newsletter…I get the San Francisco police news that actually looks like a small news paper…