Burglary in Crystyl Ranch – Front Door was Kicked-In by Unknown Suspect(s)

January 20, 2013 16:00 pm · 29 comments

On Saturday, a home in Concord’s Crystyl Ranch neighborhood was burglarized.

Here’s the information from an anonymous Claycordian….

Wanted to pass this information along about a burglary that occurred on Saturday in Crystyl Ranch. Got this from the HOA. Please help spread the word and remind people to be smart about opening doors for solicitors.

“Please be aware that we had an early morning burglary on the 5300 Block of Crystyl Ranch on Saturday at around 8am or so.  The front door was kicked in–homeowners were away on vacation.  Fortunately they had an alarm which may have scared away the intruders.

Two days ago, there were several men in the neighborhood offering window cleaning and gutter cleaning services–driving white vans.  The offering of services could have been a ruse to case homes for future burglaries.”

Thanks for the heads-up!

{ 29 comments }

1 Burglars Best Friend January 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Would not be surprised if there were several days of complimentary copies of CC times laying on the driveway.

2 ctown January 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Scary stuff! Wish the homeowners where waiting in the living room with a loaded gun when they kicked in the front door. Hope someone caught the suspect(s) on camera.

3 Always Right January 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Any idea what informed the
crooks that the family was on vacation?

4 Jerk January 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Just think – if the Homeowner would have been home, they could have called 911 and Waited, and Waited, and Waited. At least that’s what some of you fruits would want, a bunch of defenseless citizens.

5 Triple Canopy January 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Here are some people you should NEVER hire to do work on your property:

Handymen.. Any work over $500 requires (technically) a contractor’s license. Some are honest but I have found the run-of-the-mill handyman is a felon.

Anyone offering door-to-door services.. they’re fly-by nights who may be case your home while doing their work and then come back to burglarize your home.

Illegal aliens (like those that stand in front of Home Depot)… they already broke the law so why invite a criminal into your home? And if they get hurt while on your property, they can sue your pants off. Don’t look for any help from the State because the bleeding heart liberals are basically providing sanctuary to these law breakers.

And anyone with a tattoo on their neck, face, fingers, and knuckles…. Do you really have to ask why? Duh.

6 Jerk January 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM
7 Dennis January 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I think the Crystyl Ranch HOA should hire George Zimmerman for neighborhood watch.

8 Howard K. Mullins III January 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Oh Please…

It can only be the Crystal Ranch Mob.

Nobody else runs the crime in that part of town.

9 anon January 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Interessting. I saw a black girl with a rag and spraybottle Thursday here in Pittsburg. She only went to certain houses knocking on doors. Thought it looked odd. Thought they only scammed people at gas stations.

10 Lari January 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I was waiting for someone to reference the Crystal Ranch Mob…..

11 @Triple Canopy #5 January 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Just because the guys who stand at Home Depot are illegal dont mean that they are criminals. If you were in their situation you’d come to America to make your life better & you’d stand around asking people for work just to make a little bit of cash. So just think if you were in their shoes next time you say something not very nice about them.

12 mom January 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Replace all strike plate screws with strong, extra long ~4 inch screw. Just replaced hardware for friend whose entry door was kicked in [Walnut Creek].

13 anon January 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM

The side door leading into the garage is usually the easiest door to kick in. Put in longer screws there. I think these burglars are the door knockers trying to sell something. If nobody answers the door, the kick it in.

14 Mongoose January 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Deadbolts on all exterior doors. So because your country is, and always has been, crap, it is OK to violate our borders…sure.

15 lg January 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

If you ever see anyboby that looks even a little suspicious, dont hesitate to call the police. Thats their job. They are happy to come check it out. Dont let loser scumbags rob your neighbor. You might be next.

16 lg January 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

By the way, arm yourself!!!!!

17 Cowellian January 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Illegal means criminal.

18 Elwood January 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM

@ @Triple Canopy #5 #11

Illegals should all go back to Mexico or wherever the hell they came from.

What part of illegal do you not understand?

19 vigilant#1 January 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I agree with the handyman comment.
Handyman is what you get when someone cant pass the contractors state license test. Or someone who is just too lazy to take the time to do things the way they are supposed to be done. Most handymen are tweakers or drunks. And 99.9% if them are breaking the law for doing work over $500.00 PER JOB. Not per day. PER JOB.
Did anyone think of getting license #s from the “suspicious” vans. Anyone who doesnt live in your neighborhood is suspect, people open your eyes.
The people at home depot are dirt. Just like the shit hole they came from. Most of our local crime especially gang activity is due to them. I dont care about their situation. My kindness to strangers of any kind is gone now that I have to freaking defend my home with deadly force if need be. They are a threat. They live on my street. They drive by my home. They conduct gang activity right here in my god damned neighborhood.
We have our spot pretty well covered. Good neighbors with open eyes go a long way. Crooks if you read this, there are people that would love to catch you slipping up. Its not if, its when.

20 Tax Payer January 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM

21 hello..................... January 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

People who post on facebook or twitter need to wakeup and smell the criminals. Never say you are away, don’t post photos of your jewelry (engagements) etc.
In other words do not try to show off like your life is beautiful *we all know it’s not) or it will come back to bite you with a robbery from internet criminals.

22 Stephen January 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

@anon
That is odd “black girl with a spray bottle”. I see mostly tweekers at gas stations with spray bottles. Many of them are white girls–you are right, they are not particular who they go up to.

23 Crystyl Meth January 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I still can’t believe they gave that subdivision the name “Crystyl Ranch.” So ghetto. I still can’t believe there are people out there that blame everything on Facebook. Most of all, I still can’t believe people don’t call police on unlicensed solicitors, then come on Claycord to whine about them later. You all make me sick.

24 ANON January 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

“Three days ago small BM with dreadlocks says he’s selling books in Clayton neighborhood. Call police and they question me why I’m calling. I tell them ( he could not produce permit). No one comes!”

That was a CPD dispatcher you were talking to….mostly snarky & with major additude..no real suprise here

25 bo didley January 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Alarm systems do wonders….so do shotguns.

26 anon January 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

@Stephen#22… I didn’t mean to imply The race of the person was odd, just someone going door to door armed with just a rag and spraybottle.

27 Enfield303 January 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Anon@#26
We have had window washers stop by occassionally. They usually have buckets and squeegees.

28 Cruella January 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM

This is not the first “kick in” type of burglary I’ve heard about and probably won’t be the last. I guess it’s about time to buy myself a gun.

29 Sam January 23, 2013 at 2:47 AM

@ triple canopy i have tattoos on my neck and my hands i work full time also do not have a record. you cant judge a book by its cover. and at least those people at home depot try and make a living for their family it doesnt make them criminals..