UPDATE: Helicopter Searching for Man who Fired Shots on Euclid Ave. in Concord

January 19, 2013 15:58 pm · 47 comments

A CHP helicopter is searching for a man with a gun who fired shots on Euclid Avenue in Concord, which is in between Willow Pass Road & Concord Boulevard.

The man, who was on a bike, fired at least one shot at a car, then quickly fled the area. His bike was located, but the suspect is still on the run.

As of right now, no injuries have been reported.

The suspect is described as a white male adult with a hooded sweatshirt.

UPDATE, 4:28pm: The search is over, the suspect got away.

{ 47 comments }

1 J. January 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Canine will find him.

2 J January 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

cops appear to have him cornered on N 5th Street. 3 officers with rifles and dog. Eyes out everyone.

3 Friend January 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Gotta love claycord, always knows what’s up.

4 Howard K. Mullins III January 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Blue hoodie, red hat. Nothing like standing out in a crowd.

Sounds to me like they are still looking for some guy. Hope they catch him.

Better yet, hope one of the dogs gets hold of him, that will leave a lasting impression.

5 Mr. Bassman January 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

It’s always a guy wearing a hoodie! Ban the hoodies! It must be the hoodies fault! They cause all the crimes, not the people wearing them!!!

6 jadedserf January 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Good Heavens! We were wondering why the ‘hell’ a copter was circling overhead for so long. How old is this gun-toting, trigger happy, bike ditching, fugitive?

I just hear sounds like gun shots a few streets away!

7 Master G January 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I was wondering why the chopper was circling above my house, so I checked claycord and what do you know…. Hope they get that POS soon, gonna let my pitts out in the back yard in case he decides to hop my fence, he’ll be in for a surprise…

8 Feckin' German Hampster January 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Claycord.com….tomorrow’s news, today! Thanks Mayor for always being on top of the breaking news!

9 CLAYCORD.com January 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

@Feckin’ German Hampster, Thanks :)

10 Howard K. Mullins III January 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Fired shots,

Certainly not a responsible gun owner.

Show no mercy to the SOB.

11 Cap'n Nick January 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I’m at my buddy’s place and the chopper is right overhead. We can barely hear the tv. If they don’t find this guy soon they’ll be dealing with two more guys with guns.

12 J January 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Helipcopter has left the Euclid area. Cops are leaving. Criminal gets away yet again…

13 Lazy Saturday gets interesting January 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Still hear the chopper in North Concord. Any update? Blood hoodie, red cap?

14 Master G January 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Well I just finished all my homework for the week so I think i’ll go take a peek at all the action, it’s still fly’n around. If I see anything interesting i’ll post it right away for all you wonderful claycordians, right on with the instant action report Mr. Mayor, keep up the good work!

15 ConstantReader January 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

@Cap’n Nick,

Leave the Helicopter alone!!! They are the good guys. I am sorry your TV watching is interfered with by the CPD trying to capture a person who thinks it is okay to randomly fire a gun at vehicles. NOT!

16 ChampagneKitty January 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Nick! I’ve missed you. Tell us how you’re doing.

17 Master G January 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Well the action is over… Thank god nobody was injured. Still gonna leave the pitts out in case he wants to try n hide in my backyard, keep your eyes open everyone and be careful. Peace out claycord!

18 corey January 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I think this bike was stolen from our store here at concord chevrolet this discription matches the guy we saw stealing the bike from our store

19 Howard K. Mullins III January 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM

This clown will be walking down a street wearing the same cloths and be picked up by CPD.

20 Penny January 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Corey was the bike that was stolen black with red writing?

21 Howard K. Mullins III January 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Looking at this from a cyclists point of view, I can understand wanting to do something to some of the drivers that seem to either not see or disregard any sort of safety.

I cannot count the close calls I have had on the riding on the streets. Or all of the drivers running the caution lights while I am in the cross walks walking across the street.

I have kicked more than one fender of cars that are too close. I certainly could not hurt the car, I was just letting the driver know they had been too close.

I keep thinking I should take an old golf club with me when I ride. That would make a nice dent, but, then again I am not an evil person. I’ll just kick a fender once in a while and hope I can survive the drivers who appear bent on killing me.

22 Gilbert January 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

The bike stolen was black with red and yellow

23 Triple Canopy January 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

The suspect is a white male? Surprise!

24 Elwood January 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Sounds to me like capn nick and his buddy should be sharing a semi-private room in a mental health care facility.

25 Parsnip January 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM

@#24 — LOL. I guess NRA and his white pick-up truck are keeping out of this one.

26 The Real McCoy January 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

@Howard – pepper spray is your friend when some jerkhole almost hits you. Ride up to their window at the next light, politely motion for them to roll the window down, then let them have a face full of fire sauce.

27 commoncents January 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

@24 – I’m not – not a “thug” just a “misunderstood” guy……

28 truebluedodgerfan January 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM

@23 Gilbert, are you a security guard?

29 the real super man January 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM

A real fine job by the concord pd not catching this low life .And you wonder why the crime in concord is out of control they have a 25 percent apprehension rate.The crime in this town is out of control!!!!!!!

30 anon January 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM

@The Real McCoy, that would be assault and you could be arrested. Way to escalate the situation. Maybe the driver just pulls out his gun and shoots you as retaliation, of course he is blinded by the pepper spray and hits a ten year old kid walking down the street. How would that make you feel???????????

31 Anon January 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

McCoy, French for pud.

32 Bunny January 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Yikes! I’m going to let Abby the Tabby out to catch the miscreants!. There are many bicycles in this complex. Police know them Apt. 65. Meth AND STOLEN BICYCLES.

33 If I were Captain nick January 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I wouldn’t be too surprised if the cops follow up on his post . “Dealing with two more guys with guns” sounds like a violation of 422PC

34 Concord1963 January 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

We were in our back yard listening to the scanner … watching the bird circling for quite a long time. Perk abandoned the bicycle – I guess so he could jump fences to get away. By the way, don’t be mean to the Capn – I think his intention was that he would volunteer to help CPD. :) Nick has always been a good guy in these parts!

35 Teacher Wannabe January 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

@the real super man. Dont blame CPD. It was CHP’s chopper. They should have caught the perp. CPD ROCKS! but they are not Super men (like you?) *Snort!*

36 anonanonagain January 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

“Anyone with the mentality to ride a bike down a street and shot a gun should be locked up in a rubber room.Certainly not a responsible or accountable character. Not the sort of citizen anyone should endeavor to emulate.”

Unfortunately this kind of mentality is admired by the wanna be thugaroos who have but a thin bit of tissue in their dimwitted skulls.They want to be like this idiot. Yeah, they’ll go real far in this life. (sarcasm)

37 dilligafman January 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM

david rosen uping his game?

38 anon. January 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Elwood24….nobody cares what it sounds like to you..I do mean.. Nobody.

39 Amy January 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM

So, did they catch this creep or do I have to sleep with Mr’s. Smith and Wesson tonight?

40 K January 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

(J) guess you and your great wisdom is wrong…. K9 fail just rubbin it in 8-)

41 Don't Censor Me Bro January 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM

@If I were Captain nick J:

No, because no actual imminent threat.

42 hey! January 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM

It’s idiots like this that are going to get guns banned.

43 Really January 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

@hey, we can only hope!

44 Bubba January 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

:-{
:-}

45 Brian Griffin January 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Poor guy. Stupid enough to do a drive by on a bike. Too stupid to steal a car..

46 Aug 23rd 1993 January 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Motive??

47 skippy January 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Armed guards on every street, that will stop these crazed gun-toting bike riders.