The Real Housewife of Claycord – Every Thursday at 2:17pm on Claycord.com
Happy New Year, Claycordians!
This week, I’d like to chat about proper etiquette at the gym!
I go to the gym about four times a week, mostly in the very early morning. The week of January 1st is always the best week to be at the gym, only because it’s the best time to watch people, and we all know that I LOVE to watch people!
Usually, the gym is almost empty when I go in the morning, but this week, it’s booming! There are people there from all walks of life, which I love to see, but if you’re new to the gym, you need to take a lesson in proper gym etiquette.
Let me give you a quick rundown:
- If you sweat all over the equipment, please wipe it off with one of the complimentary towels offered throughout the facility. If your gym does not offer towels, then bring some, because nobody likes butt-sweat on the exercise bike.
- No matter how nice your body looks, speedos are never ok, I repeat, never ok.
- Nobody wants to see you flex in front of the mirrors.
- When on a treadmill, it is not ok to sing along with the music you’re listening to. And keep that music down, because I’m sick of “gangham style”, and “we, are never ever ever ever, getting back together”.
- Share with others! If you’re on a piece of equipment, don’t sit (or stand) on the equipment and talk on your phone. Always keep in mind that somebody else probably wants to use what you’re using, so GET OFF!
- This might be something difficult to understand for some people, but the gym isn’t the place to find a date, so stop dressing like you’re looking for the man of your dreams, because you probably won’t find him at the gym. (sorry, meatheads).
- Please, for the love of God, wear deodorant.
Anybody else have any gym etiquette tips for the newbies?
A few things I saw (and heard) around Claycord this week:
- I saw a “grab & run” at Target this week. It was funny because the Target Employee (TE) in the electronics department said “the camera wasn’t in the box”. Apparently the thief asked to see a camera so the TE brought out the box, but had already taken the camera out. Before the TE had a chance to hand the guy the camera, the thief grabbed the box out of the employee’s hand and took off running without realizing the TE was holding the camera in the other hand. Loser.
- Coyotes! Did anybody hear the coyotes on Tuesday night in the Lime Ridge area? Amazing to hear those little creatures howling on a chilly night.
- And speaking of coyotes, there was a dead one on Ygnacio this past weekend. So sad to see such a beautiful animal laying lifeless on the side of the road.
The Real Housewife of Claycord Housetip of the Week:
- Buildup on shower doors: Wipe with lemon oil. Removes buildup and keeps doors protected longer from future buildup.
That’s it for this week.
I hope you all have a wonderful week, see you next Thursday at 2:17pm!
It’s time for me to go make a pie!
This week, it’s a Mudslide Pie . Here’s the recipe. I’ve tried this one before, it’s like Heaven in your mouth.
Love you all.
The Real Housewife of Claycord xxoo