BART will extend service until 3am on New Year’s morning and deploy extra staff and trains to help get people home from their festivities. In addition to normal weekday evening service with trains every 20 minutes, BART will run additional trains into and out of San Francisco on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s morning.
The extra service is designed to ease crowding at Embarcadero and Montgomery Street stations resulting from the large number of people attending the fireworks show in downtown San Francisco.
To further ease crowding at these stations, beginning at 8pm, BART will utilize a “skip-stop” train pattern into and out of San Francisco just as it has in past years:
- Trains on the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines heading into San Francisco will not stop at Embarcadero Station. The San Francisco stop closest to the fireworks show for customers on the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will be Montgomery Street.
- Trains on the Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont lines will stop at Embarcadero Station but not at Montgomery Street. Trains from Millbrae and Daly City will make all stops in San Francisco.
After the fireworks end:
- Passengers boarding trains bound for Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond must use Montgomery Street Station. Trains on the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will not stop at Embarcadero Station on their way out of San Francisco.
- Passengers boarding trains on the Dublin/ Pleasanton and Fremont lines must use Embarcadero Station, as trains heading to Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont will not stop at Montgomery Street Station.
- Millbrae and Daly City-bound trains will make all stops, but BART recommends passengers on those lines use Montgomery Street Station.
Additional event trains will be standing by to carry riders home during the busiest time when the fireworks end.