Mike “Radar” Dunn Has Passed Away

December 26, 2012 12:45 pm · 233 comments

radar

Our wonderful friend, Mike “Radar” Dunn, has passed away.

He was found this morning, in bed, at his home in Concord.

Radar was a photographer for Claycord.com and the Clayton Pioneer, and previously a photographer for the Concordian and the Contra Costa Times.

Many of you might not know this, but much of his recent photography is on display on the walls of the Concord Police Department. He was very proud that the police reached out to him, asking if they could use his pictures to post throughout the building. We were very proud of him, too. He took pride in his work and was always willing to go out in the middle of the night to take pictures of a breaking news event, or spend his weekend helping to bring awareness to fundraisers for sick children in Claycord.

He touched many lives through his beautiful and emotional photography, and as his friend, I can say he loved the Claycord community, and was deeply moved when many of you donated money to help him keep his health insurance while suffering from stage-4 liver cancer, which started in his esophagus.

One of Radar’s favorite movies was “It’s a Wonderful Life”. I’m guessing somewhere, a bell rang when Radar passed away.

I will keep you updated on any plans for a memorial service. His family, who lives out of state, is expected to arrive in Claycord on Friday.

R.I.P. buddy, we love you and we’ll miss you so much.

{ 233 comments }

1 Dragon December 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Oh, no. Poor Radar.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

2 Seal December 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Go with God, Radar. Many blessings to you and your family–all of Claycordia loved the work that you did.

3 Cowellian December 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Rest in Peace, my friend!

4 David Molstad December 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Saddest news.

Radar was a great guy and will be greatly missed.

May his memory be a blessing to all that knew him.

Rest in peace, Radar.

5 Anna, The Lemon Lady December 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I’m grateful I knew Mike and could call him my friend. He did so much for so many people…Sad day today. – Anna

6 Brian Griffin December 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

What a nice man :(

7 Lorelei December 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM

What a talented and giving guy….rest in peace, Radar…..

8 anon December 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM

That makes me sad- I enjoyed his pictures and his funny comments he would post. He fought a tough battle

My sympathy goes out to all Radars Family and Friends

9 Ian December 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

RIP Radar

10 Hank December 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM

You’ve touched many lives from your photos and work in the Claycord community. Thank you. Rest in peace, Radar.

11 Indeed December 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I’m saddened by this news, I didn’t know Radar, but I truly enjoyed his photography. Rest in Peace.

12 Jason December 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

RIP, buddy!!!

13 EBF Photos December 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

R.I.P.

You’re legacy will be enjoyed for a life time! You encouraged many, including myself, No one will ever fill your shoes, but I plan on working within your shadow!

14 Tia December 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

RIP Radar!!! I always enjoyed his photos!!! My prayers go out to the family!!

15 2BITS December 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

So sad to hear. Thank you Radar for all of your great pictures. Rest in peace.

16 BUCK426 December 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

RIP indeed, Radar.

17 bosco December 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

It was a pleasure meeting him. He was such a nice guy.

18 kudleme December 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Oh I am so sorry to see this post. Radar will be missed by many. He touched so many people with his pictures and warm smile. RIP Radar…

19 T15 December 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

oh no radar. i’ll miss your pictures and comments, rest in paradise ♥

20 Niki December 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Saddest news. He was an awesome guy. I enjoyed his comments and pictures. He’ll be missed.

21 jj December 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

What a sad day! Rest In Peace Radar. Although I did not know you personally, you touched my life with your zest for life that shined through your photographs. Thanks for sharing them with us all! You will be missed.

22 Horse'n Around December 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I had the privilege of meeting Mike a few times. Mostly while he was covering an event to post on Claycord. Such a wonderful man. Gods speed Radar, you will be missed.

23 Wisecracker December 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM

How sad.
Although I didn’t know him… I felt like I knew him.
May he rest in peace…

24 Rebecca December 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Rest in Peace Radar. You were always smiling and friendly. We will miss your pictures and your comments.

25 Renee December 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM

RIP Radar. God Bless his family and friends at this time of sadness. Will never forget his wonderful contributions to the Community.

26 train December 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

27 J. December 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Oh, no.
R.I.P.

28 Doug C December 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

RIP. Cancer sucks.

29 anonmtz December 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Rest in Peace, Radar.

30 Girlfriend December 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He’s taking the most glorious pictures in heaven now.
RIP Radar

31 J December 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Sad news the day after Christmas. I always liked the beautiful photos Radar had to share. What a loss to our community. Let’s all keep his spirit alive!

32 Jen December 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

i remember Mike from our days @ DVC. he was a photographer on the student newspaper back then, and a nice guy. R.I.P.

33 Share the Road with Me! December 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

So sorry to read of Radar’s passing. He was an amazing photographer.

34 Robert F. Rothgery December 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Mike Dunn, you will be sorely missed. You were a servant to community media; you saw great worth in bring the visual arts to those around you instead of the invisible viral masses. In doing this you helped each of us know a little more about each other our community and our place in the world. You now join Mike Tostado, Al Goldsmith, Paul Valle-Riestra and a legion of others who have so extended the agenda of community. Thank you Radar.

35 marinemom December 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I met Radar several times he was a great guy.

RIP Radar.

36 Parsnip December 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

“Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.”
———

I remember reading his positive thoughts as his battle with Stage-4 liver cancer was made public. I never knew him, we shared a couple of comments — I think the above poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye would be befitting. My condolences to his family; my sympathy to Claycord.

37 iluvsfbal December 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Sorry for your loss. We had the priviledge of meeting him when our apartment caught on fire in Martinez. He had a smile that could light up a room. Rest in Peace.

38 D December 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I really appreciated seeing all of his photos . May he Rest In Peace, and may his family be comforted in his memory

39 Grumpy Old Man December 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Rest in Peace Radar. No more radiation, no more chemo, no more pain, no more shots, no more special diets, no more doctor visits…all replaced by a peaceful sleep, rest easy Brother.

40 Gregory Hile December 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I last saw Mike at the first CVCHS/Concord football game this season and we had a wonderful conversation about photography, CV and future plans to visit my photo class. I will miss him greatly …

41 ACC December 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

R.I.P. Radar. You made us proud so many times.

42 MDF bus driver December 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Radar, RIP and thank you for your service..

43 Tammy December 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM

R.I.P. Radar. Thank you so much for giving so much of your time to the community. We will miss you!

44 teri December 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM

RIP Radar.

45 LTG December 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Damn. Jack Klugman, Charles Durning, and now Radar. Sad few days!

46 Painttussler December 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I’m sooooo sad. Honestly, I can’t express my sadness. There are no words or images that can encapsulate how much we all enjoyed his photography. He will be incredibly missed.

47 Local Gal December 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM

What a loss to this community- His talents and skills in how he caught the human element in all of his pictures will be missed. Maybe CLaycord could set up a Mike Dunn Photo Award to be given annually to the best picture of the year used on Claycord… just a thought. It would be nice to remember him annually …

48 aka December 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Rest in Peace

49 Steve Scott December 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Mike was an amazing human being. He was realistic and optimistic. He fought a valiant fight and rarely complained. He was selfless and he will be missed… R.I.P. my friend…

50 C December 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Oh no,I am so sorry to read this. I had the pleasure of meeting Radar at the Salvation Army Emergency Fair last summer. The next time I’m at the PD I will look more carefully at the photos on the walls there.
RIP and thank you for your service.

51 CLAYCORD.com December 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

@Local Gal, I LOVE that idea. I will definitely do that.

Mayor

52 Anon2you December 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM

So sorry to hear of his passing…I never knew him, but enjoyed his contributions to this site. His view of the world will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family…

53 julie December 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Leave it up to Radar…to wait the day after.Christmas for his journey to heaven….claycord will not be the same without you

54 mailma December 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM

RIP Radar…you will be missed

55 Cynthia December 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I will very much miss his beautiful photos, they are very artistic. RIP

56 Enfield303 December 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss of a great Claycordian.Rest in peace.

57 Craig Cannon December 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I’m deeply saddened by the loss of Mike. He’s been a Sidekick of mine at breaking news stories around here for a long time. Maybe I was “his” Sidekick! Besides Claycord, and all his other work, I remember how proud he was, not to long ago, when Roberta Gozales (CBS 5) ran his Weather Photo in the Weather Section. Radar loved the excitement of Breaking News. You could see his face light up, watching the SWAT guys run about, or Firemen work. 10 Minutes later, he could be out on a Grassy Hillside, framing a Poppy, or Spring Flower. He loved to contribute his Art (Photo’s) The Community gave right back when he needed help, also. That was really awesome. This is not totally unexpected, but a shock. He just said in an email not but days ago, the move to Concord took much out of him, but he was recouped, and ready to hit the streets soon. This TV Photographer considers himself fortunate to have stood, worked, and been a friend to such a kind and giving man. An example of the good people to be found in and around Claycord, if you just take a little look! RIP my Friend Radar. You now have passed beyond the “Tape”.

58 dotdotdot December 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I’ve known Mike since high school days. We were on yearbook staff together and his love for photography was very evident in those days. I know he was proud of his relationship with Claycord, the Concordian and the community as a whole. His smile, his wit and his talent will be sorely missed. We love you Mike! I’m sure you are enjoying the big darkroom in the sky…

59 SK December 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I’m so sad to read this. RIP, Radar. We will miss you very much!

I agree with Local Gal’s idea. Glad that you will implement it, Mr. Mayor!

60 HotDogGirl December 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM

What sad news for Mike’s family and for all of Claycord. Never have I been more proud of my native community as when we all came together to support him in his time of need. Not only did his living contributions to Claycord.com help bring us together but his mortality will continue to remind us to bond together and look out for each other. Mayor, I’m sorry for your loss of a friend and business partner. I agree with Local Gal’s comment to honor Radar with a recognition award in his name. I’m glad he is at peace now, I hope the pictures of Heaven are even more amazing.

61 Screwy Louie December 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Rest in painless peace Mike.
Thank you, I enjoyed your work.

62 Val December 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Mike and I went to school together. Was together at the class reunion last year. He was a great guy and fought such a tough fight. He will be misses by so many. Rest in piece my dear friend.

63 Rich December 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

The last time I saw Radar was at the Relay for Life Cancer Walk in Clayton. He was proud of how many laps he did and felt he was getting stronger… This next August 10th I plan to walk the survivor lap in his memory… RIP my friend…

64 Just a Concordian December 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Sad news… RIP Mike!

65 GoGo Gomez December 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

RIP BUDDY!

66 Roger December 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You may not have known him, but I did. Great guy with a tough break in life. He mentioned his illness to me only once. After that, his focus was finding a survival job & getting health care that at least ease his financial burden. Bagging groceries was not too low a job! He had enough pride not to complain, beg or steal. He just wanted to earn his way, pay his dues in life, provide meaningful contributions & receive value for what he paid for.

Such an individual of this character is a model for all of us to aspire to.

He will always be a fond memory to me.

67 Mr. Anon E. Mouse December 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Rest in peace, friend. I meet Radar a couple times over the past couple years at various meetings and events. He was always smiling and snapping pictures.

There is no greater tribute to a man than the lives and hearts he has touched. And to live on through his wonderful photographs which have touched everyone of us. A bit of him is in every one of those photos.
May his experiences in the hearafter rival those images he left with us, and more.
Condolences to his family and his close friends, may he live on within your thoughts and memories.

68 tired of taxes December 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM

RIP Radar. You will be missed.

69 T-Lady December 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM

So sorry to hear of Mike/Radar’s passing. I had always admired his photos and had the honor of meeting him this past July and again in August while working on the Clayton Relay For Life. I was in the middle of my own battle against cancer and we shared stories about treatments, etc. R.I.P. Mike.

70 newholler December 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

RIP Radar, great photographer and community member.

71 GardenGal December 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

What a sad day for all of us. I feel that I knew Radar through his wonderful photography and positive comments. He will be missed.

72 Clayton Squirrel December 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

So sorry to hear that. He took some great photos of my son at various Clayton Valley High School events and was a super nice nice guy. I last saw him at the CVCHS dedication ceremony last fall where he had a piece of celebratory cake.

73 Nothing Original For a Name.. December 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My heart and prayers go out to the Dunn family.

We lost my dad June of 03, his diagnosis with esophageal cancer came the week after Thanksgiving 02. It’s a scary, evil cancer that moves FASTER the younger the person is. Had my dad been in his 70s? His chances would have improved over being a 49 year old :(

I pray that Radar’s final days were spend with those that he loved and that they find warmth in his memory and the love being poured out from those of us who had a soft spot for him. I always think of him when I see a “Radar is Watching” sign and will continue to smile when I do.

Let’s kick cancers ass in 2013, who’s with me?

74 Jeff December 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I had the privilege of meeting Radar….What a tremendous man. Always positive, never heard him complain once about his own health situation. Always looking to get the facts straight and a genuinely nice man to boot.

RIP, Radar. You will be missed, buddy. I’m grateful to have gotten the opportunity, even briefly, to meet and get to know you.

I sincerely hope that he knew how much he meant to all of us. I love the idea of having an annual picture contest in his memory…..

75 Palermo December 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM

So sorry to hear this, rest in peace Mike. No more suffering.

76 Mayor, how about a photo collage? December 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I would love to see some photo collages of some of the Mayor’s favorite Radar photos from erarlier stories being re-posted…

77 Jeff December 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Perhaps, Mayor, you could put together a montage of his photos over the years for us to enjoy and remember us by. That would also be another great tribute to his life….

78 KenInConcord December 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM

In this community you have people that participate, those who contribute, some who just spectate, many who consume, observe and complain…….

Radar was a participant who often contributed, and rarely complained.

We as a community are sad to loose such a person.

KenInConcord

79 Susan S. December 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Only met Radar once and he was so sweet. I’m not surprised by the outpouring of love and comments here. It’s quite a tribute to a special man. RIP Radar

80 idiot hater December 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM

My deepest sympathies to his family. I never personally met him, but enjoyed his photos. He had a special eye & a love for his community, you could tell by his work.

81 Domestic CEO December 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM

RIP Radar. May your family have peace knowing Radar touched many lives. I met him only a few times, but both times he was respectful and really nice. I’ve loved his pictures here on claycord and I’m sure he is enjoying the most beautiful scenery now!

82 Jeff December 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Remember HIM by, not us. Can’t seem to type today!

83 mwo1859 December 26, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Thank you Radar for all your pictures. I will miss you. Even though we never met. You have been able to keep me up to date here in florida. My prayers go out to your family.
Dave in Leesburg Florida

84 Mac December 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

R.I.P…. Didn`t know him, other then his posts and pictures in here.
But he sure sounded, like a awesome guy.
We need more guys like him in this world.
Sad to lose him….

85 Melanie December 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Oh no! Such a sad thing to hear. He was a great asset to the community, and we will all miss him!

86 RIPRadar December 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I didn’t know Radar, but I really liked his pictures and comments on this blog. Very sad. I will miss his pictures. May he rest in peace.

87 Cameo December 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I enjoyed his photos, although have never met him. I have read nothing but great things about this man. Rest in peace.

88 lois December 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I remember the day I was able to put the name Radar to an actual person! “you’re Radar!” I shouted to him in a back of a crowded room,not knowing if I had blown some secret cover. I had met Mike Dunn a few times in the community, always smiling and with camera in hand. Somehow realizing he was the man from Claycord AKA as Radar was like knowing a real celebrity!

As horrible as it was to hear of his problems with his health insurance, it was incredible how the claycord community rallied around him. He was a humble man, a kind man, and will be missed.

89 mary December 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I knew him for 15 years from the singles group Beachcombers. Always willing to give of his time to make others happy. For the LOPC Beachcombers who didn’t know him by name, he was the really nice guy that hosted dinner & a movie at least once per month for…well…ever since I can remember. He was family to us. Now he will be an angel walking with us. Sending warm hugs to you Mike, as you always were a great hugger.

90 Minutemom December 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Our loss is heaven’s gain…rest in peace <3

91 Connie Dobbs December 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Cancer sucks.

92 Claycord Fan December 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM

So sorry to hear this news. Radar will be missed! I enjoyed all his pictures and contributions to Claycord. May he rest in peace!

93 :-) December 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

What sad news! May you rest in peace, Radar.

94 susan case December 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Oh gosh how sad. Everytime I drive up cowell road from Bart, the eyeball and radar is watching you will always make me remember hok and his first on the scene photographs. Radar will be sadly missed and always remembered by all of us. What a beautiful life.

95 annie2u December 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM

So sad to hear. RIP Radar.

96 Irene December 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That is so sad. RIP Mike “Radar” Dunn.

97 ChampagneKitty December 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I am saddened to learn we have lost our Radar. On Sunday, I was starting to ask around about if anyone had heard from him because he hadn’t posted anything on Facebook since Dec.14th. I was getting worried. Then I learned he was very ill and I had planned to go visit him this week. I didn’t get that chance. The Claycord community will not be the same without him. I am sure that wherever he is, he has his camera with him. Rest in Peace, Radar.

98 susan case December 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Typed through teary eyes. Hok should be him. Phone acted up and I know what sticklers you all are for perfect typing.

99 Atticus Thraxx December 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

A punch in the gut. A gentler soul would be hard to find. Gonna miss ya Mike. F**k cancer. Let us know about the service, need to pay my respects.

100 The Phantom December 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

His pure pleasure recording images and sharing them with us was his joy.
We knew him by his work.

There is the satisfaction of life’s simple contract.
“to stay alive, live well, and help others to do so.”

This he did sweetly and well.
Condolences to this community of his friends.

101 Shannon December 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM

So very to hear this. He brought a lot of fun and joy to so many lives. RIP Radar!

102 mad mom December 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM

RIP Radar. You may have left this earth but you will live in our hearts always.

103 Original G December 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Thank You Radar for enriching our lives. RIP

104 mamatosix85 December 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM

May he rest in peace. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Octoberfest where he took a pic of our daughter. What a gentle soul he was. He will be missed and yet I know he must be so happy to be taking pictures where he is.

105 Good heart December 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

God Bless! Be at peace Radar! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent and time with us all! We’re forever grateful!

106 Jojo Potato December 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM

There are photographers and then there are picture takers. Radar was special, sorry to see you go. We all are missing you.

107 G Non December 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM

One of the first pictures I saw on Claycord waaay back was a picture of a sign that said, “Warning Radar Watching” I knew immediately he was very important :) I would also enjoy a collage of the Mayor’s collection over the years. RIP Radar.

108 Pleasant Jenny December 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Ah, Radar……..God bless and welcome you into His arms. And prayers to everyone left behind. You will be very missed by many.

109 mind yer yap December 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM

My husband and I met him at the Clayton parade one year and he’s the one that told us all about Claycord.com. He was very likable and clearly loved what he was doing. RIP Radar.

110 Anonymee December 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I introduced myself to Radar once (I felt like I was meeting a celebrity!) and on that occasion and at subsequent events he was friendly & talkative, I enjoyed chatting with him very much.

Peace be with you, friend Radar.

111 claytonnative December 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM

The Claycord community has lost a great compassionate gentleman. I met Radar at various events, he was really into his work and always took the time for anyone that needed his help. His beautiful work will be missed as well as his extreme outgoing personality. RIP…

112 Don't Censor Me Bro December 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Didn’t get the opportunity to make his acquaintance, but “Radar” sounds like a decent human being. Home goings & complete healings can be difficult on us, yet consider hearing the following: welcome home and enter in my faithful servant …

113 RanchgirlCA December 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM

RIP Radar. It’s a sad sad day in Claycord.

114 Robert David camacho December 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Mike “Radar” Dunn, thank you for the memories and your work will leave forever.

I was lucky to met and talk with Mike on December 6. 2012 at the Concord City Council meeting, we had a good conversation and talk about photography.

My prayers are with his family and friends.

115 Casey December 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Radar gave so much and asked for so litte. Thank you for all you did for so many. May you rest in peace.

116 I'm The Urban Spaceman December 26, 2012 at 4:14 PM

RIP Radar,
your work lives on.

117 Gary Eberhart December 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I hope that Mike is at peace. He cared very much for his community and that caring showed in his work. I will alway remember Mike at school district events and meetings doing his best to bring the stories to his community. I always enjoyed opportunities to speak with Mike when our paths crossed. There’s another star in heaven.

118 Randome Task December 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM

wow great guy and sooo sorry ……many prayers and thoughts to this guy and all he did so well

119 Ms. Jean December 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM

His photography was so beautiful. Bless his family, and may Radar rest in peace.

120 Jeff December 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I’m hopeful that there will be a big funeral for Radar, and the community can come together (despite our own differences) to pay their respects.

Please let us know as you find out more, Mayor.

Also – knowing how close you were with Radar – my condolences to you as well. It’s a hard thing to lose someone so close to you, but rest assured he’s taking God’s pictures now….

121 CLAYCORD.com December 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Thanks so much, Jeff.

122 kingsvtsis December 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I never met Radar in person but he touched my heart as he did so many others. Rest in peace, Radar.

123 TIME December 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

The good die young! RIP Radar!

124 martinez lifer December 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM

A very sad day today. Radar will be missed tremedously. His photos touched so many people that didn’t have the pleasure of meeting him, may his memory live another lifetime through his photographs.

R.I.P. RADAR

125 MO December 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I’m so sorry…he will be missed. Such goodness and kindness, and talent. God Bless all of you who were so close to him…I’ll be praying for you all to find peace. We won’t forget you RADAR… !!

126 Kris Houck December 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I am so sad to lose my friend, Mike. His courage and strength in the face of this terrible disease was an inspiration. He never stopped living, not even for a minute…through surgery, chemo and all of its effects. He just kept on truckin’. His photographs are those of an artist; his devotion to his community warmed the heart and he was a true and loyal friend. Farewell, Mike. I’ll meet you again in Heaven someday.

127 Shadowgirl December 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Mike in person I enjoyed his photography and posts. Thank you Mayor for providing the source in which so many were introduced to this special man. He will truly be missed in the community. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Rest in Peace Radar.

128 ConstantReader December 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. You will be missed. R.I.P. Radar.

129 Paul (formerly) in South Concord December 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Dammit!!! NO!!! Man, that’s terrible. After posts/comments back and forth, reading his stories, admiring his artwork, etc. for all these years, I think we all can say we “feel like we knew him”, even those of us who never had the honor of meeting him in person.

What’s really neat to see, are all the wonderful compliments, wishes, anecdotes & stories about his kindness, generosity & demeanor. That right there speaks volumes, about the type of man he was and the life that man lived.

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.

130 Martha Ross December 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Very sorry to hear this news. Thank you Mayor for introducing me and the community to this wonderful, talented photojournalist. He did great work for Claycord, and I was proud to work with him at Walnut Creek Patch. He took on his final assignment, battling cancer, with the greatest grace and courage. Thanks, Radar, for all you have given us, all the beautiful images and memories.

131 Howard K Mullins III December 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Often when people pass away, our thoughts tend to focus on ourselves, our emptiness, our own sorrow. And we pass our condolences to family and friends and, like in Mike’s case here, strive to remember a man who touched so very many in our community and in such a good and caring way. All the feelings are all the right feelings and the proper feelings, thoughtful and dignified ways to be when our friend passed.

And he was our friend, whether we knew him personally or not. He brought out the best in this community and he has left an everlasting mark on us all.

We all have our our own beliefs of what the “here after” may be. But in reality none of is really know, no one has returned to tell us about it.

I like to believe that, like here in our lives on earth, heaven is what we decide to make of it. So I believe that Mike will make the time beyond us a better place, simply because he is there.

Fond memories can help heal the sorrow. I hope many of us get a chance to get together and talk about Radar and share his memories with those of us who may not have had the opportunity to meet him personally.

Mike “Radar” Dunn. We are all in a better place because G-d let you be with us, even if only for just a little while. Heaven is now a better place, because G-d now wants you by His side.

We are all better off because we all had the opportunity to know “Radar”.

132 roadglide December 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM

RIP Radar you will be missed. Wish we had met him but sure enjoyed all his talent. Thoughts and prayers to his family and and many friends

133 roadglide December 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

RIP Radar our prayer to his family and friends did not get to know him but sure enjoyed his talent

134 MeryH December 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM

RIP Radar. You were a person that was admired and you brought good things to the community. You will be missed by so many people.

135 Kevin December 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM

So sad to hear about this, may he rest in peace

136 Hessianerd December 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Sorry to hear

RIP

137 Captain Randy Champion December 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yes, he will be missed. He was often able to obtain photos of fires that we would later investigate and his images helped us many times. Well done. RIP

138 north concord December 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I have had the pleasure of talking “photography” with Radar several times over the last 3 years. He was an inspiration to me. Thanks for all the advice and wonderful shots of our community. I would also love to see a photo montage showing the best of “Radar”. Mike, you will be missed by many.

139 Killjoy December 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that he’s passed away. :(

Rest in peace, Radar.

140 EdiBirsan December 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Sadness is with all of us for the community has lost a gentle soul who delighted in capturing happiness in a photo. He was a friend and he will be missed.

141 beeper December 26, 2012 at 5:34 PM

so sad, what a wonderful human being!

142 Phred December 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! I just now got online after days of not being because I was sick and now to find this out from Claycord! I can’t believe it! I have known him since High School ( CVHS ) for 40+ years and had no idea till now! I am still in shock!!!! When is the funeral and where do we send cards? P.S. He is the one who told me about Claycord in the first place years ago!

143 Jeff Kasper December 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM

It is indeed a sad day. Perhaps the only consolation is that he is in a better place, and the heaven has a new photographer to catch all the latest breaking news.

It was truly and honor and a privilege to have been able to get to know Mike. His positive nature and tenacity that he has shown during his battle should be an example to all of us.

The last time I saw him was at the Concord City Council reorganization, and I’m glad I had that chance to chat with him one last time.

144 Duck December 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

How old was Mike ?
Did he attend CVH in the the early 80′s ?
This is the first time I have ever hear his given name.
Rip Mike Dunn …………I mean Radar !
God Speed to Mike’s family and friends !

145 Mom of two December 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

R.I.P Radar

146 mohairs December 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Much sadness to hear about Radar. Had been wondering how he was doing. Rest in peace, Radar, and without pain. God bless you and God bless and be with your family at this time.

147 Tod Gomes December 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM

RIP Mike. I have known “Radar” for only about 3 years, he was an awesome photojournalist and a great person.

148 skippy December 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Sorry to hear he’s passed. Didn’t know him, but he sounds like a great guy. @DotDotDot, did Radar go to CVHS (he’s got their hat on in pic).

149 Chester E. Kitty December 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM

So sorry to hear this. He was an amazing photographer.

150 anon December 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

*sigh*

151 What Security December 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Rest in Peace..
Never met him but saw the credits from his work. I first became aware of him when Claycord did a fundraiser for him and many of you donated to the cause. This is when I knew what wonderful man and community we really are.

God Bless him and his family.

152 Frank C. December 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

My thought to Radar’s friends and family. RIP Radar.

153 Kenny December 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I’m so sorry to hear this, he seemed like a good man.

Rest in Peace Mr. Dunn.

154 Mama cowell December 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Oh I can only imagine the things he will see with his lens now from such a beautiful view. God Bless and Godspeed Sweet Radar. Thank you for sharing your gifts with all of us here. Xoxoxo

~mama

155 Concord1963 December 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Radar … an angel who earned his wings before his time. He must have been a wonderful person even beyond this blog – to (unknowingly) bring this bickering group of Claycordians together with such open hearts, genuine kindness and generosity the moment Mr. Mayor shared Radar’s terrible plight. Oh! How humble and thankful he was! I only hope he wasn’t alone this morning …

Peace.

156 Lari December 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Like many, I only knew of Radar through this community and always appreciated his ‘on-the-scene’ photojournalism. I hope he eased out of this world gently.

157 CMFreeze December 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM

You will be missed :( RIP

158 KAD December 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM

He was a great guy. So sad. I hope his last Christmas was good and pain free.

159 Safeway Shopper December 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM

One day not so very long ago there was an incident at the mall. I was telling the employees about all the police cars that were “flying” down the blvd. I mentioned that I was going to check on Claycord when I got home to see what happened. It was then he mentioned he was Radar and asked what my name was. We started chatting. The next time I saw him at the store we somehow got on the conversation of cancer and he told me about his fight. Being a survivor, I gave him some tips on eating and reducing the metallic taste in the mouth because that topic came up. He asked me some more questions but I could sense he was worried. I made sure I was as upbeat as one can be when facing the disease to give him hope. He said he would give it a try. We ran into each other a few more times and would spend a few moments talking. He mentioned his family didn’t live close by but that he had another man living there who used to be homeless and he they were helping each other out. A place to live for the man and for Radar, a friend living with him. I knew then that he really was one hell of a guy! I am sorry that he lost his fight with that bastard cancer, but now he no longer knows pain and he can shine his light upon all who knew him. To those who really truly knew him as more than Radar, my condolences to you….may you find comfort in knowing how many people will miss him too.

160 kiarfy December 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

RIP Radar…I never knew you but you seem like you were a good person.

161 Shasta Daisy December 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I was blessed to have known Radar. He was a kind and gentle man.
We exchanged emails recently and were planning to get together again for coffee soon.

I believe we learn something from everyone we know in our lives. He wanted to teach me more about cameras and photography. I learned a whole lot more than that from him…………peace, my friend.

162 Anon December 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I met Radar when he was taking pix for the “Every 15 Minutes” held at CVCHS. He was so down to earth. It was shortly after he learned or we all did, that he had cancer. He was the most generous and compassionate person I have ever met. He gave his all, right down to the end. I will miss him dearly.

163 Luna925 December 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Duck. No. Mike was 60 this year I believe and graduated in 1970 I think from CVHS. He will be missed by so many. He was loved by so many, and so well respected, I can only pray he knew that. He was a fighter. All the way to the end he fought this insidious disease. It’s not fair Mike, it’s not right you’re no longer here. I know you are in a better place, but we here will miss you more than words can say.

164 totempolekd December 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Mike: Have known you since Junior High. You will always be our hearts and one of the neighborhood kids Prayers to everyone that had the chance to know you. Rest in Peace Radar

165 another just me December 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

So very sad to hear this, his story touched my heart…never knew him except for here on Claycord but he was obviously a very loved man. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Rest in Peace Radar.

166 Terri Desch December 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I only knew him through his awesome photos on Claycord.com…..whenever you wanted to see a picture of something happening…he always seemed to be at the right place at the right time….I will miss his great pictures….my thoughts and prayers go out to his family!
Terri

167 kiarfy December 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

@Safeway Shopper
That really shows how good a person Radar really was. All the way around.

168 SanDee December 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

He left a lifetime of memories behind, in his pictures. Thank You Radar.
Deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to his family and friends.

169 weppin December 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Condolences to family and friends. For those of us who didn’t know him, can someone tell us where the nickname “Radar” came from?

170 Scoob December 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Rest in peace Radar. You made the world a better place.

171 NoMoreFreeRide December 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Good bless you Radar. Rest in peace and know that there are many people that will miss you and remember you for what you did for others.

172 Duck December 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Thank you 163 Luna925…….Mike looked and by the way he handled himself in public,reminded me of a old CVHS class mate.
RIP Radar !

173 Truth December 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I’m so sad to hear this.
My prayers to his family and loved ones…
May he rest in peace…

174 Tod Gomes December 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Yes, he did graduate from CVHS, not sure on the year, but ’71 does sound familiar.

175 Bunny December 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Radar you will be missed not only for your photography but for the kind man you were. We will all miss you, even those of us who never had the pleasure of meeting you.R.I.P. . Condolences to your family and, remember you will always be part of claycord.

176 C.C. Mom December 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Thank you Radar, You will be missed loved your pictures you were a good man. RIP

177 cvhs94 December 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

RIP Radar. It won’t be the same without you.

178 CatM December 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

We will miss you Radar, may you rest in peace. Thank you for your photos and community service. Prayers for all of those who were dear to you.

179 Ricardo December 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM

“The death of any man diminishes me…..” Dunn

180 nanagirl December 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Sad news today. He will be missed.

181 Russ December 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Mr Mayer
Can you post some of his pictures for all of us to see?

182 Ancient Mariner December 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I’m so sorry to hear this.

183 CLAYCORD.com December 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM

@Russ, yes, I am putting something together.

Thanks, Mayor

184 Cee Cee December 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

So sorry to hear of the loss of our Radar .
I never had the honor of meeting Radar but I felt I knew him through the
fantastic photos he took . Talk about “a picture is worth a thousand words”,
his were .
May he rest in peace with God . He will always be remembered here on
Claycord .

185 Anon December 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I am so sorry to read of Radar’s passing. My thoughts and heartfelt prayers are with his family and loved ones during this most difficult and sad time. I was always blessed by his lovely photographs, dedication to serve and capture the moment on film and his kind and sensitive heart. God bless him.

186 totempolekd December 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Radar came from charactors from M.A.S.H that they used to nicknames in college. Mike was RADAR which always seemed to fit, always knowning about things ahead of time

187 Momma Nona December 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Wow, I cried when I saw this. I unfortunately did not know him personally but felt like I did, as many who read Claycord probably feel. God bless him and his family, thank you Mayor for introducing us to a ‘friend’.

188 From your friends at the Food Bank December 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

We’ll never forget you Radar. No more pain… rest in peace.

189 doglover December 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I never met him, but boy, I will miss him. RIP. Love too your family.

190 Apollo Idol Prudence December 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’m in

Radar is Watching!

191 Apollo Idol Prudence December 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

ok, s silly thought, Radar back in the day told me that even back further in the day there was a restyaurant on treat, by turtle creek, that half measure empty lot. he know my love of histyory and he had claycord post pics of this entity that fell from peoples imaginations? . . .pardon me i’m not with it tonight

192 Alan December 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I have never been so devastated by such a sense of loss for someone I never knew personally but felt very connected to still… A common theme I see. He is a great inspiration for how to live one’s life. I plan to make some changes in my own.

My heart goes out to The Mayor and other close friends and family.

Rest in Peace Radar. You will not be forgotten!

193 CaliCole December 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I have never met Mike AkA Radar in my life but I feel like I knew just through his pictures and comments on here. I am so sadden. God bless him and his family. Sending all my love and prayers to his loved ones.

194 Karen December 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

This is very sad news. I only knew of Radar from his photos that you shared with us here, this community will miss his beautiful photos. May he rest in peace.

195 Theyellowranger December 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I had the pleasure of seeing radar in action one time. We didn’t have a chance to speak but he seemed like a genuinely nice person. From the outpouring of sentiment on this thread I can see that he will be dearly missed. Count me among them. Godspeed Radar!

196 Iola December 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Very sad to hear. RIP radar and condolences to friends and family.

197 Anon December 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I am so sorry to hear this, may he rest in peace. :( My condolences to his friends and family. What a terrible loss for our community.

198 hotdoggirl December 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

My heart is so full reading all of these comments! Maybe we can organize a memorial somewhere in Claycord after his funeral, for all of his Claycord.com fans??

199 Claycord Fan December 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I was so sad to hear of the loss of Radar, and the great friendship with the Mayor. The outpouring of donations when he was in need expressed the great compassion of this community. These collective condolences for such a wonderful man is a testament to his character. RIP to a wonderful spirit that touched so many in so many different ways. Thankfully we have his pictures that will say the thousand words that don’t capture the loss we all feel. My sincere condolences to the family, friends, and to you, Mr. Mayor.

200 CLAYCORD.com December 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@Claycord Fan, thank you so much.

Mayor

201 Sinn Feiner December 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Man this is really sad. I had the opportunity of meeting Radar a few times. He seemed like a down to earth guy. He would help out anyone in a second. Rest In Peace Mike!!

202 Clayton Cate December 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Mike/Radar was so upbeat and strong through the whole struggle with his cancer. What an amazing person he was and what a legacy he leaves to us all. I also met him a couple of times and like Sinn Feiner says, he seemed very down to earth and approachable. I hope our thoughts and prayers follow him to heaven where he can now be pain free at last. He’ll definitely have a Fast Track pass through the pearly gates!

203 Laurie December 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. I live in the Sacramento area now but lived in Concord for over twenty five years. I knew Mike/Radar very well. We were friends for over 20 years. I was up in Idaho for Christmas with my family and just got back tonight. I wasn’t aware that he was so close to passing. I just got an email from him a few days before I left for Christmas. I didn’t have his new address or phone yet so I hadn’t spoken to him recently.
He was so proud of the work he did for Claycord. He loved to do photography and he considered all of you on Claycord as friends. He was so thankful for all of you that helped him financially so he would be able to keep his insurance and I want to thank you, too. He was a really sweet person and a good friend. I will miss him a lot. Rest in peace, my friend.

204 ratstalker December 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Sad to hear. Prayers to his family and friends. I’m sad to have never actually met him.

205 Scott December 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thank You Radar, for all your contributions to Claycord. I sure did appreciate them.

206 Tami December 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I can remember fist reading he was sick, it didn’t seem to long ago. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers for his family. Great photographer, and a witty man. God Bless, and rest on peace.

207 Bob Freeman December 27, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I’m very sorry to hear this. He was a really talented guy and his contributions to this site were great. Rest in peace, Radar.

208 rkt December 27, 2012 at 3:18 AM

RIP Radar, you were a community asset.

209 Doctor J December 27, 2012 at 6:59 AM

The heavens weep and so should we. He had a talent and shared it with all the world. Radar will be missed.

210 CreekDiva December 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM

My condolences to his family and friends.

I had met him a few times when he was doing some work for WC Patch. Nice guy.

211 Annon from Antioch December 27, 2012 at 7:50 AM

RIP Mike Dunn.

212 MeAnon December 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Mayor this is the saddest news ever, my heart is breaking for you. We all feel your pain from the lost of your wonderful friend Radar.
Radar you were such a BIG special part in this community and will be missed so much. I am hoping you passed easily……..thinking….”It’s been a Wonderful Life” and the bells were ringing as you got your heavenly wings. Memories of you will live on forever.

Dying
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!”

“Gone where?”

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!” There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: “Here she comes!!”

And that is dying.

-Henry Van Dyke

213 Almondgirl December 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM

So sorry to hear about Radar passing.
He and his pictures will be missed.
Condolences to his family, Mr.Mayor and all of the Claycord community for the loss of someone who gave so much to all of us.
The stars in the sky will shine a little brighter with Radar among them now.

214 The Concordian December 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I was off line and just learned of Mike’s passing. While I had the pleasure to work with Mike in his early years at the Concordian, I do know that we should remember that Mike was lucky to be able to do what he loved, and in the process met so many people who cared for him as well. He became a Claycord celebrity and I know that he enjoyed all those aspects of his life. We were fortunate to have known him.

215 Jeff December 27, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Damn . . .way too quick and soon . . . R.I.P

:*(

216 DUHHH3x DUI December 27, 2012 at 8:36 AM

YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS GONNA MAKE IT TO 2013. RIP RADAR SOUNDS LIKE YOU WENT IN PIECE

217 Ladymar December 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Peace be with you Radar. You will be missed here, but heaven has a new angel with a camera.

218 anon December 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I’ll miss his photos. I hope he has peace now. rest in peace radar.

219 Man in Tan December 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Rest in Peace Radar. Sadly, we knew this day was coming when his situation was announced. I never had the honor of meeting him but it’s still a shock to see news like this about good people. He’ll be missed here but his pictures will live on. Calm winds and a following sea on your voyage Radar.

220 John Hemm December 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Less than a year ago,Mike called me and needed a ride to the hospital in Walnut Creek,it was around 7 at night. I went over,picked him up,took him over to Kaiser in W.C,stayed with him for a couple of hours,finally told him to give me a call when he needed a ride home. Never once did he disclose the serious nature of his visit….about a year and a half ago,I took him to lunch,then he told me he had liver cancer,but he never brought it up again. I’ll miss my friend,Mike.
xoxoJohn Hemm

221 Clayton_Raider December 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I offer my heartfelt condolences to his surviving family. Godspeed, Radar and thank you.

222 The Mamba December 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

That’s awful, he was a great contributor to the community and a stand up guy.

223 still anon December 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Thank you Radar for all the amazing pictures you shared with us. May you rest in peace.

224 Michelle Eberhart December 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

So very sad about the passing of Radar. Truly one of the most genuine and nicest people I have ever met. Always one to have a smile on his face, and everything he did was with a positive attitude. He took personal attention in sending me photographs that he had taken and we even exchanged recipes a few times. He was dedicated to this community and loved it with all of his heart. He will be truly missed.

225 Bubba December 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Is it Mike’s wife who runs the chocolate shop in Concord?
:-(

226 CLAYCORD.com December 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

@Bubba, no, Radar didn’t have a wife.

Mayor

227 cornfed December 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Very sad to hear.

228 Bob Dottery December 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Mike & I went back to the DVC days in the early 1970′s. Thanks to Facebook I was able to reconnect. He was doing what he wanted to do; photojournalism…livin’ the dream. Rest in Peace my friend.

229 Amazed December 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I’m sorry that Mike “Radar” Dunn has passed away. May his friends and loved ones find comfort in the days and years ahead.

230 Cap'n Nick December 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM

This is definitely not the post that I was hoping to see here after a few days away from the site. Radar will be greatly missed. I hope I will be able to attend the service.

231 Janis Mara December 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Oh, no, I didn’t visit Claycord.com for a few days, and just saw this post about Radar. He was a wonderful photographer and I’m so glad I ran into him at an Open Carry event (he was photographing, I was reporting) and had a chance to speak with this warm, open, good soul. This is such a huge loss to the whole community. I love what some people said about no more pills or ordeals for Mike – and another comment, he is now with God.

232 R.I.P Radar December 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

You will be missed. Heaven beware; Radar is watching.

233 annemarie boyland December 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

He was a selfless kind unassuming person. May we all strive to those qualities.