Water Cooler – Christmas Eve in Claycord

December 24, 2012 12:00 pm · 20 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

What are your Christmas Eve traditions?

Talk about it….

{ 20 comments }

1 Christmas Eve December 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Of course Christmas eve is about frantically running around for those last minute gifts that you can’t find anywhere, fretting about what you haven’t gotten, substituting whatever you can find (or a gift card), then wrapping like crazy.

I wish it was a day to relax and have fun instead…

2 Horse'n Around December 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Bingo! And our family can get ruthless over Dollar store prizes!!!!

3 Cowellian December 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Candlelight service followed by egg nog.

4 Dee December 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Going to our daughters house for the Christmas Eve open house they have every year.

5 jacqui December 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Cooking and baking with the kiddos! Merry Christmas everyone!!

6 Mad Mom December 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Driving around and seeing all the light displays in Claycord with my neighbors after we all have had our Christmas eve celebrations. We have a few favorite stops and yes, Mr Christmas is one of them!

7 Mad Mom December 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Oh and….rein/Bear please :) For some reason I’m really missing him

8 Dorothy December 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Setting up cookies and eggnog for Santa, open one present before bed.

9 Dr. Jellyfinger December 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Just the usual Hawaiian style luau tiki torch party. A whole roasted pig and 151 proof rum we guzzle out of a hollowed pineapple. Whoever wins the fire walking contest gets to sacrifice the virgin. Nobody gets killed, but there will be one less virgin.

10 Clayton Squirrel December 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

We used to go to the little kid family service at church but now that one kid is in college and the other a high school sophomore, I guess it’s time for the evening candlelight service.

11 Clayton Squirrel December 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Yes, please bring back the reinbear stocking photo!

12 Bob H. December 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I think my Wife has been waiting all year to get even with me. She sent me to Safeway around noon to get a couple of forgotten items.
The first problem was finding a parking place. Costco’s parking lot was a dream compared to this. I thought I was at a Bumper Car ride. Once inside the store, the fun started. People were darting around like they were in a frenzy.
I finally got into the 15 items or less line behind the Lady(?) with 150( give or take) items. May God Bless You All !! Have A Very Merry Christmas !!
BUT DO NOT GO GROCERY SHOPPING !!

13 Mr. John December 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Crab, butter and sourdough on Christmas Eve. Nothing better.

Beyond that, I just make sure the day involved as much of my wife as possible. Which is hard when she sleeps til noon.

14 DoReMi December 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Dinner at moms then trek up the street to view the fabulous light display in the neighborhood. The walk was really fun. Sees candy, Ham. Music, fire.

15 @Dr. Jellyfinger December 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I like your party plans @Dr. Jellyfinger!!!

16 J. December 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM

A Pie of Woodacre Walnuts
Laced with Lance’s Scotch
Crowned with a Cloud of Local Dairy Cream
And a Confetti of Candied Pumpkin
Plucked from Warren’s Patch

17 ed December 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM

@J. i’ll do the dishes if you save me a plate.

@Bob, did you kindly redirect the woman to the proper line? Did you remain calm? if you did how did you do it? First of all crowds annoy me then people like that really irritate me, im guessing she knew she was over the limit but didnt care because she is so much more important than everyone else so the 15 limit doesnt apply to her.

18 Lexi December 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Christmas Eve service at 5pm. This year we got to hear from Clopper the Donkey again, which is really funny (thanks T & C). Usually we’re up late wrapping, but got it done earlier this year. Hung out and watched a Christmas movie with the kids.

Usually we put a small present on the end of the kids’ beds, so that they can open it when they wake up, and not disturb the parents.

Thinking of a couple I know who separated this year. It will be a touch Christmas for them. Missing my parents (gone many years ago, too soon).

19 kiarfy December 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

lol That bob is very intuitive-I’m sure he did.

20 GoodOlDays December 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

When all us kids were still living with our parents, we’d have dinner and read the Nativity thing from the bible in front of the Christmas tree. Afterwards, we’d each open 1 present. Now, my Christmas Eve tradition is to: finish up last minute gifts (this year was crochetted scarves, but in the past it could be anything from finishing up: porcelain dolls, stuffed animals, teddybears.), watching christmas movies, giving the pets their Christmas gifts and going to bed early. z-z-zz–z-z–z-z-z-z–zz