The storm is here, and before it gets worse, you might want to get some sandbags in case it floods!
Here are a few locations where you can pick them up:
UNINCORPORATED CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
With the storms hitting the Bay Area, the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff is making available sandbags and sand for unincorporated areas. Residents must provide their own shovel and transportation. The sand and sandbags are available at the following locations:
- Ambrose Park and Recreation Center / CCC Family Service Center, 3105 Willow Pass Road, Bay Point.
- Contra Costa Fire Protection District, Station 4, 700 Hawthorne Drive, Walnut Creek.
- Across from Contra Costa County fuel station, 2467 Waterbird Way, Martinez.
CITY OF CONCORD
Bags, sand and shovels are now available to build sandbags outside the gates of the City Corporation Yard, 1455 Gasoline Alley. The sandbag station is open 24 hours. The limit is 25 sandbags per household. A supply of already filled sandbags is available for the elderly and handicapped and can be obtained by calling ahead. For more information, contact Public Works at (925) 671-3448.
CITY OF PLEASANT HILL
In case of any minor flooding this week, the City Sandbag lots are now available for residents and are located at the following sites:
- City Hall Parking Lot
- 320 Civic Drive – Community Center Parking Lot
- Hawthorne Drive – P. H. Middle School Dirt Lot
CITY OF MARTINEZ
The City of Martinez has designated the following five (5) locations for the stockpiling of sand, and one (1) location with sand bags only for use by residents during heavy rains and or flooding. We have attempted to locate these facilities so that they will be within a short distance from anywhere within the City. All locations are lighted, have easy access, and will be stocked with sand, sand bags, and a sand filling station. Residents will need to provide their own tools for loading the sand. Residents should remember that these facilities may be used by numerous individuals during heavy rains and I or flooding. Please be respectful of others and take only the amount of sand and sand bags that you need. A map showing the locations is shown below along with sand bag filling instructions. If you have any questions you may call the Public Works Maintenance Yard at 372-3580, M-F 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Nancy Boyd Park-Located on Pleasant Hill Road East @ Church Street, across from the fire station.
- F Street- Located at the west end of F Street off of Alhambra Avenue, at the beginning of the Park District trail, just past Alhambra High School.
- Ferry & Allen Streets- Located at the comer of Ferry & Allen Streets by the Kiwanis Club.
- Rankin Park- Located at the end of Buckley Street, upper parking lot.
- Highland Avenue Park- Located on Highland Avenue @ Merrithew Drive.
- Sand Bags are located at City Hall @ 525 Henrietta Street.
CITY OF WALNUT CREEK
With winter storms pending, the City has replenished sandbag stations at the following locations:
- Heather Farm Park Community Center
- Howe Homestead parking lot
- Lancaster Road across from Orchard Road
- Larkey Park parking lot
Sand and bags are provided free of charge at each site. Don’t forget to bring a shovel!
CITY OF CLAYTON
- Call 925-673-7300