The Claycord Online Museum – Aerial Photos of Clayton in 1991

November 27, 2012 · 19 comments

Check these out!

These aerial photos were taken WAAAAAAAAY back in the year 1991.

Here’s a message from the photographer, Clayton resident David Skidmore….

These photos of Clayton were taken in 1991.

The Clayton “grove” was still present, the new Marsh Creek Bypass was being built and the Keller Barn was still standing before the Library was built a few years later. The golf course had just been completed, Oakhurst was in its first phase and Albert (Jr.) Seeno’s house was just completed without the later additions.

I took these photos from a Cessna with a friend on our way to Utah.

Thanks for sharing, David!

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items.

1 local from the 70's November 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Yeah, thanks for the photos, but they just remind me of how pretty Clayton used to be before they built ugly Oakhurst. I remember going to the Pioneer Inn when all that was behind it was cows grazing.

2 Cowellian November 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Cool pictures!

3 Anon November 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

when clayton was a good place instead of like now putting all there bad clayton kids into concord and causing trouble.

4 Jud November 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Wow, I can’t believe how jealous people from Concord are of the people who live in Clayton.

5 JET November 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM

VERY COOL! I remember this time period, 1991, it was the year I got my drivers license!! Used to love to drive around Oakhurst before it was built up. I remember when Seeno’s house was first built. Ahh, those were the days. Hard to believe it has been over 20 years since then!? Thanks for sharing!

6 It's 'Meme' is that you Ma? November 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Oh yeah!

It’s like beating Clayton Valley Charter HS in Football…

Us in Concord 2012: we’re born under a bad sign…and a bad president…

Time for a road trip:

Love,

“Meme”.

Postscript: Go Clayton! – You’re smarter than US…

7 ClayDen November 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I’ve lived in Clayton sisnce 1977, and it’s still a great place to live. Oakhurst may not be perfect, but its pretty nice. If Seeno had his way (he owned the property), there would have been almost twice as many houses and they would have been built all over the ridgelines. I’ve seen Daly City, and it doesn’t work in Clayton.

8 Bubba November 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Is that “The King” Seeno’s little house on the hill?

9 Anon November 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Looks like i stirred the pot a little. Just a little. It was a joke post for all the clayton people blaming concord for anything bad happening.

10 ANON November 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Hate the pic of the obnoxious ode to greed Seeno home…. A person with bags of money with no taste, no style and a penchant for showing off….. AND he’s of questionable character…..

11 @ Jud November 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM

You are full of crap…….Jealous of what?? Ordinary overpriced track homes with inhabitants that think the sun shines out of their @$$es?? Right….

12 ClayDen November 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM

@11

Your un-civil comments scream jealousy and a low educational level. BTW, the correct term is “tract” not “track.”

13 mwo1859 November 27, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I still have my name in the freshly concreted sidewalks (back then) up there in oakhurst. If I remember right it was in 90 or 91. LOL

14 High On The Hill November 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM

You obama-swallowers sure do hate the rich folks. Odd isn’t it

15 csb November 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM

@ #14 AMEN.

16 Great! November 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Thank you for the GREAT pics!!!

17 judaspriest November 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

@High on the Hill – couldn’t of said it better myself

18 slagheap November 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

give it time. seeno and a couple of his associates will be doing the perp walk. be patient, it’s happening.

19 sfsean November 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

My wife and I, along with the kids moved to Clayton in 2003 and have never regretted it. Just looking at North Peak and Eagle Peak as I drive home makes me so glad to live here.