Concord Police Arrest Suspect on Loeffler Lane – Two Guns Recovered

November 27, 2012 7:50 am · 43 comments

Concord Police arrested a man who took off running from them, twice, on Loeffler Lane in Concord.

The man, along with another person, fled from police early Sunday morning after the cops tried to contact the duo. The other suspect was captured after a Concord Police K9 tracked him down and bit him, but the one man was able to evade CPD, until Monday afternoon, when he was caught around 2pm.

He tried to flee from police again on Monday, but was captured shortly after running from his house on Loeffler Lane. He was in possession of two handguns, one of which was stolen, according to the Concord Police Department.

His name hasn’t been released at this time.

{ 43 comments }

1 mamatosix85 November 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I actually saw this going down and was wondering. Want to thank CPD for being on top of this. Now let us hope that the courts do their part to back em up.

2 Jud November 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Sounds like an illegal arrest. Running from the police is not a crime and does not justify ‘probable cause’ that would allow them to search the suspects. Too bad CPD, we still have a constitution in this country.

3 Jeff November 27, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Lock em up.

4 dilligafman November 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM

just shoot the dirtbags and be done with it!!!

5 Sunstar November 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Yep–use their own guns to do it!!!

6 heshkid November 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM

CPD=1
BADGUYS=999

7 Anonymous November 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM

@Jud, the new Authority in Town. Let’s all bow down before his incomparable wisdom. Hey, Jud, if you are so on top of it all, why don’t you educate yourself, put yourself through the academy, put on a badge and hit the streets for us? Eh?

8 Very good Jud November 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM

So nice to see a constitutional scholar such as yourself posting with us peasants.

Ill get a memo off to Concord PD right away telling them about your views.

You idiot.

9 David November 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

When you start running for the police that is probable cause for the stop

10 @Jud November 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Sounds like you comment without getting any facts. Talk to CPD. I’m sure you’ll find they knew this was the suspect they were looking for from the previous crime and most likely had him under surveillance just waiting for him to make his move. You don’t know the law…CPD had every right to make the arrest. You are a commenting fool.

11 Tank Anonymous (occupy the world) ) November 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM

@jud, runner ng from the police IS infact a crime, and does give them pelrobable cause. Please educate yourself before you make yourself sound dumb again.

12 Lmao November 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Lol jud reads a vague article on claycord and makes a ruling on the arrest like he knows what happened. He does the jack sh!t other than what claycord said. Must be a teenager.

13 Broke in colony park November 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Go get ‘em Figo!

14 Scooby November 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Yeh, Jud – you jerk. The guy had an outstanding warrant for being in possession of a stolen gun, and the first guy caught was trying to divert the police from catching him. Running from cops always makes you suspect of something, so remember that the next time you try it.

15 surflan November 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM

@Jud : Based on the evidence from Sunday, they probably had a warrant for his arrest. To get a warrant, they have too present evidence to a judge and have the judge approve the warrant. Did you not pay attention in government class???? Let me guess, you participated in the occupy protests. Next time get some facts and not just present talking points.

16 Jeff November 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Jud, the crime is called failure to obey a lawful order. Look it up. The police have the right to detain and search you for their own protection.

17 robinson crusoe November 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

First off running from police is suspicious not necessarily illegal. What you want to do is just dont say ANYTHING! NOT A WORD! Its your right and most people dont realize this but the police work for the state NOT you and they will use things AGAINST you in a court of law NOT on your behalf.
Second, @ dilligafman, Sunstar, dont you care about your rights? Do you want to live in a state where police just shoot people as soon as they are suspicious? Its sad that people think like you 2. And your not alone, unfortunately a lot of people seem to want to live in a place where the police are judge jury and executioner..
And for you all if someone with a gun started walking up to you would you want to run away? Every time I see the police fear runs through me. I have been harassed by the police a few times and nothing ever happens. They are like a gang but the one the state likes.

18 steelbill November 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Sure ur right on with it Jud .At least We do still have a few rights left in great Country our brave for fathers died for.sounds like most thesecop worshippers would give up all their rights in a heart beat if a man in uniform ask them to..putting to much trust&faith in Man is not good.sooner or later you will be let down &disappointed .Maybe sooner then You think.

19 anonymous November 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

@Robinson Crusoe.

Watch out the black helicopters are coming for you.

20 NRA #1 fan and member November 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I think this would have been a great story if the suspect running had bradished the gun at officers. Would have certainly made my day here and I’m sure for others on Claycord.

21 BUCK426 November 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

…get a rope.

22 Lori November 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

@robinson crusoe you can’t be serious. Fear runs through you every time you see and officer? Maybe it’s that guilty conscious of yours? Every time I see an officer I want to say thank you for putting your life on the line to protect mine. Guess that comes from being a law abiding citizen.

23 Starfish November 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

A rope works fine.

24 bluebird November 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

@ Robinson Crusoe,
Yep, the police are sanctioned by the state to make an arrest if the “suspect” is running. Sounds like he was obstructing justice as well. How hard is it to be a law-abiding citizen? Funny, I have managed to, with the exception of an occasional speeding ticket.

My mother raised me with the belief that if my actions will cause harm to someone, or embarassment to my family, then I should not do those actions. I think I was more in fear of embarassing her than hurting someone else.

25 Jenn November 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I seen this go down they had 5 cars by loeffler and 2 on lavista ave glad they caught this scum bag. He ran behind some apartments on Loeffler and cpd had shot guns on him.

26 dilligafman November 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

@ robinson crusoe-time for you to go back to you’re island!

27 Anon November 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM

these threads are alot more exciting when some uneducated anti police jack ass posts right up near the top, ty jud…. as for robinson, you live a fearful life I feel sorry for you.
As for…
Q: “And for you all if someone with a gun started walking up to you would you want to run away?”
A: Not if they were wearing a Police uniform, I would offer them my assistance in any way I could. Not in a Police uniform? Would probably get to see mine too.

28 perla November 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Nice job K9 and well done Concord PD, you guys didn’t give up on this criminals. God Bless all the law enforcement

29 anonymous November 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Jud sure sounds like Jorge did. Obviously has some absent father issues. Takes it out on the police , who are substitute father figures to him.Probably abandoned at an early age.

30 nytemuvr November 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

@Lori #22
Everytime I see a LEO I check my speedometer….

31 Too bad the Peuking Maggot didn't wave his gun at Cops November 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

they could have legally exterminated the cockroach. They would have derived as much pleasure doing it, as we would get reading about it.

32 walnut4life November 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM

NOW THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE GUN TOTEING DRUG DEALERS ON CLATON WAY APARTMENTS.AND CHASE THEM BACK TO OAKLAND.IT WON’T HAPPEN THO CPD IS SCARED OF THEM GUY BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN TONE

33 walnut4life November 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM

OHH YEAH 40th

34 Scooby November 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

James Ramey is the perp.

35 nytemuvr November 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I’ve noticed an attitude on these kinds of threads that make it sound like people think cops want to shoot someone, I don’t think that’s the case. They’re not all psychos in uniforms.

36 Anon November 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

@Jud

Don’t know much about the law do you, 13 year old child.

On another note, thank you CPD!

37 law abiding citizen November 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I wonder if its my stolen 1911

38 Atticus Thraxx November 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

My heart just broke a little for ya #37. Taking someones 1911 is as low as low gets. Hope you get it back.

39 Hi November 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Release his name and address. :)

40 JRConcord November 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Hey the police are not releasing his name because he is busy snitching on all his “friends” and they dont want them to know they are comming for them. Nice rumor, boy this is fun!!

41 @ Lori November 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Obviously you, and many other people on this site have never been harassed, illegally searched, beaten or anything along the same lines. Its just like getting jumped by a bunch of thugs backed by a BADGE. Its easy to automatically jump to the Cops side, Serve and Protect right? Police brutality is REAL, just because it doesnt make channel 2 news, that doesnt mean it never happens! Wake up, its 2012 things arent how they were 20+ years ago… Wake up or get left behind!

42 LTG November 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

If they’re guilty, and that will be for the courts to decide, throw the book at them. We don’t need this scum running around Claycord!

43 annon November 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM

the cpd are going to do whatever they wanna do regardless of your rights. If your not on probation or parole they are going to search you anyway. they make anything “probable cause” cause they can. CPD makes me sick.