ALERT: Heavy Rain & Strong Winds Expected Wednesday Morning

November 27, 2012 10:41 am · 20 comments

It’s gonna be wet these next few days, and on top of that, the National Weather Service has just issued a wind warning, saying Claycord could experience wind gusts from 45 to 55 MPH with local gusts to 70 MPH possible over the ridges.

Be careful out there tomorrow, the wind advisory goes from 4am to 11am on Wednesday, so watch out for falling trees, branches, power lines, etc.

{ 20 comments }

1 Howard K Mullins III November 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Judging from the coat on my cat, this may be a cool and wet winter.

2 Cap'n Nick November 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Well, so much for working this week.

3 Mr C November 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Good..I hope my neighbors canopy blows away. (Her makeshift smoking area), She smokes like a chimney and all that nasty smelling smoke seems to travel up to my front porch. BLOW BABY BLOW!!! LOL

4 Dragon November 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hmmm. If I put my car outside so that some of the dust can rinse off, will that mean that the wind and rain won’t be as strong? And, if so, is that a good thing?

5 lola925 November 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I only come here for the comments..no matter how uneventful the day is, It always livens it up. Claycord peeps are funny. In a good way.

6 Good Deal November 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

No Dear, I don’t need to go out and rake the leaves.

7 the Shi ite November 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

A little rain in the Bay Area and the residents will act like it’s Hurricane Sandy.
Turn on your headlights, Slow down and You’ll live through a wittle wain and wind.

8 GoGo Gomez November 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

So watch out for that dog Toto flying over head tomorrow.

9 Antler November 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Oh, Dragon! I had the same idea…….(am pretty sure the pollen on my car dates back to March)….but with the high winds and my neighbors lovely row of California redwoods nearby, the car would only get a “top dressing ” of little bits of dead-needle and branch-tip debris. RATZ.

Going over to ACE hardware now….getting the flashlights out and checking batteries…..firewood in under the roof overhang in hopes it will stay partially dry there……canned foods which don’t need reheating……anything I left out?

It’s been awhile since we’ve had 55mph wind gusts here, hasn’t it? Might bring some trees down over wires or cause drivers to skid into utility poles. Hoping all you commuters will stay safe.

10 Original G November 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Worth putting on browser toolbar.
If you’d like to see what’s coming.
An for wind
intellicast.com used to have an excellent rain loop which showed rain as it moved thru. our area, they have a new version that REALLY SUCKS, so I no longer post that link as in past years.

11 Amy November 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

@ Howard K Mullins – My dog and cat both have really thick coats this year and I believe you are correct – we may have a very cold, wet winter. It is an El Nino year.

12 Elwood November 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

@ Good Deal #6

I once worked with a guy who had lived in Texas. He said they never had to rake leaves.

They just blew away.

13 ChampagneKitty November 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM
14 Jojo Potato November 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I don’t remember ever reading that the weather service has put down 100% chance of rain. Don’t they usually fudge a bit? It sounds good anyway, I’ll be home anyway and snuggle up. Got plenty of batteries and blankets.

15 @Elwood November 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Good to know, will be moving to Texas when I retire. Much as I love this area and it’s climate, California I grew up in has been ruined.

16 Anon2you November 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My oh my the wind will blow, rain will fall, and idiots will drive too fast, too close and end up crashing into another car or the ditch…One thing for certain, I need to take down some of my back yard summer items lest the blow into the neighbors yard…Luckily I cleaned out the rain gutters this past weekend…

17 ChampagneKitty November 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I hope all of this rain won’t be too hard on my body.

18 Mac November 28, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Nothing so far…but it is coming

19 Mac November 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Dang..i think it started raining here.
About 5 minutes after i wrote “Nothing so far”

20 Aunt Bee November 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Really people, wait until the big one hits and see how effective your services are. Folks better understand how to take care care of themselves.