Package Thief on the Loose in Claycord

November 22, 2012 9:56 am · 20 comments

We’re sure there’s more than one, so keep your eyes out!

Here’s an email we received from an anonymous Claycordian.

This morning I found an opened Amazon package in the park on Pennsylvania Blvd. in Concord.  Close by there was a jacket in a mud puddle.  Shortly after, I was driving to Safeway on Washington Blvd. and there was another empty Amazon box in the middle of the street.  Could you warn Claycord residents about early holiday thieves stealing packages?

Always have your package(s) delivered to a safe location, like a work address. These days it seems like UPS, FedEx & USPS just drop the packages on the doorstep and they rarely require a signature.

If you see a suspicious person who you think might be stealing packages, try to get a license plate number and a description of the suspect, then call police.

1 Looks like it's time....... November 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

to set out my Amazon Decoy package….filled with a spring loaded slurry of putrified dog feces…..

2 Dang November 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Too bad we can’t buy the exploding dye packs like banks use.

3 Howard K Mullins III November 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

@ #1

That’s a great idea.

I was thinking of a stick of dynamite that blows as soon as the box is opened. Or acid that sprays out as soon as the box is ripped open.

With jail terms all but gone now, might as well stop the criminal for good.

4 anon November 22, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Package thieves are alive and well in North Concord as well. Ida off of N. 6th, me and a couple of neighbors have been hit in the last week.

5 dilligafman November 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM

GET A ROPE!!!!

6 bee November 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM

andy bentley likes this^

7 the Shi ite November 22, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Go for the pepper spray boobie trapped box. Can really ruin a criminals day.

8 Arno November 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM

My package got stolen on Wednesday… delivered at noon, I arrived at 4pm and it was already gone… I’m on Montana Dr and I’m very pissed!!!

9 nytemuvr November 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM

@Howard K Mullins III #3
Like a roadruner cartoon….amazon boxes instead of acme.

10 anonanonagain November 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Thieves/aka scumbags ruin it for everyone. Keep an eye out for your neighbors everyone!!!

11 Joe A November 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM

This is what happens when you let the criminals out. Or don’t take care of everyone when they are young so that they, expectantly, turn into criminals. This society is so bankrupt that criminals are so populous that they represent a new ethnic group all in their own. So stop being a bunch of bigots and let the criminal ethnics be who they are! YOU created them, now accept the consequences.

Everyone thinks that you can escape from them. Unless you can afford to live in places like Danville, Pleasanton, Sausalito, etc., you are now in an open air concentration camp, just like the Israelis have done with the Palestinians. What is funny is that the same reason why you are in decline has a lot to do with Israel as well…how many more trillions are you going to spend on wars for them? While you focus on defending an aggressor state you don’t focus on your own children. It is only a matter of time before your children and grand children descend to petty criminals.

Face it middle class Americans, you are the world’s new n-word. Deservedly so! You were warned for two generations. No sympathy…now go gobble down and get fat.

12 CL November 22, 2012 at 2:38 PM

There is an UPS My Choice App that lets you know a day before that it is coming.

13 Elwood November 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

@ Joe A #11

Oh, please! Equating scumbag tweaker package thieves with the Palestinians?

You need a reality check.

Get a life!

14 Ticklebritches November 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM

O dear! Thanks for the heads up! I will have all my xmas packages delivered to my P.O. box! Unless the Mexicans get to the P.O. box first!

15 @Joe A November 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Have you been drinking, stop taking your meds or are you always this whacked out?

What you’ve said makes no sense at all and I’ll bet you have no idea how the average Palestinian really lives except for TV sight-bites.

Your post says more about your warped view of things than anything else.

16 Dr. Worm November 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Whatever, Johommed.

17 Please! November 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Ticklebritches! You’re ignorant!!

18 CatM November 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Amazon now has a drop off point where you can pick up your package … to avoid the pacakage thefts.

19 Jeff November 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Steal my package, lose a hand.

Sounds fair.

20 RanchgirlCA November 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I have all packages delivered at work. They have to sign for everything.