Pleasant Hill Police Investigate Armed Robbery on Ruth Drive

November 19, 2012 16:00 pm · 27 comments

The Pleasant Hill Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred on Sunday night just before 7pm on Ruth Drive.

The following information is from the Pleasant Hill Police:

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 the victim, an adult male, was walking alone in the 1000 block of Ruth Drive, Pleasant Hill. The victim was wearing headphones. The victim was approached from behind by a lone suspect and felt the suspect grab him and then prod him with a handgun.

The suspect subsequently robbed the victim of the victim’s wallet, phone, and other personal items. The suspect subsequently fled on foot and was not located by officers searching the area. No vehicles are associated with the suspect.

The suspect is described as a black male, early 20’s in age, about 5’10” and 160-190 lbs. The firearm was described as a semi- automatic handgun.

The victim was uninjured. The firearm was not discharged during this incident.

Anybody with information on this incident is asked to call the Pleasant Hill Police at 925-288 4630.

{ 27 comments }

1 Anon November 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

7pm…still light out!! On foot with a semi auto???? NOT good.

2 Triple Canopy November 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

“The victim was wearing headphones”.

Duh! Another suburbanite with no street sense or savvy.

3 Jerk November 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Not blaming the victim here.
However, if your Headphones are too loud that you are not aware of your surroundings – That’s an issue.

4 Bubba 94521 November 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Check your watch Anon. It’s dark at 7pm.

5 Anonymous November 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I saw two Pleasant Hill police cars detaining a bus on Contra Costa Blvd. in front of the Sun Valley Shopping Center about that time last night. One of the police cars drove down Taylor on the wrong side of the road, ran the red light at the intersection of Taylor and Contra Costa Blvd. and pulled in front of the bus. The other police car was parked behind the bus. I think they called one of the passengers outside for questioning. I saw another police car heading north on Contra Costa Blvd. at the same time. I wonder if any of this was related to the hold up on Ruth Drive or if it was just a busy night for PHPD.

6 Howard K Mullins III November 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Happy Holidays everyone. The season of taking has arrived.

7 yeabuddy November 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I hope they find your stuff rich.

8 syrrup November 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Iknow some one that just got robbed today by two people with a gun in concord

9 Elwood November 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Some people feel that they are more entitled than others.

Especially if they have a gun.

Makes him a big, big man!

Punk!

10 Uninjured? November 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM

“the victim was uninjured”

I have Post Traumatic Stress just from reading this stuff!
I’m sure the victim will be injured emotionally for lifetime. These heinous crimes make me so sad, mad, disappointed in so many ways.

11 joe November 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I guess pleasant hill isn’t so pleasant

12 No victim bashing please November 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Have any of you keyboard hero’s had a gun pointed at you, I mean REALLY pointed at you? It will be with you for the rest of your life, that is if the bastard doesn’t shoot you and your life ends at that moment.

Pleasant Hill is still safe, and it IS pleasant. This can happen anywhere. Target of opportunity. And our victim should be able to enjoy his headphones while out for a walk, blame the crook.

13 Jeff November 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Call me keyboard hero if you will, but yes – I have had a gun pointed at me.

Shoot back. Now there is a deterrent that works.

14 Anon November 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Damn that stereotype! Must have been asking for change, LOL!

15 Not Surprised November 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Violent felons – including one prisoner fresh out of segregation from Pelican Bay State Prison have ended up on probation on local streets through California’s prisoner Realignment plan AB-109. They don’t look into a person’s background they only look into their last conviction.

This is not an isolated incident, happening all over the state, “In San Diego, police have reported an increase in total violent crime. Murders, rapes, robberies, and assaults are up by 12.6% between January and May 2012, compared to last year. (Voice of San Diego, July 19).”
“According to Bakersfield police and the Kern County Sheriff’s Office, property crime is up. Specifically, larceny in Bakersfield is up by 16% in the city, burglary is up 21% in the county, and auto theft is up by 41% in the city limits. (KERO 23 News, August 22).”
“The Napa Valley Register reported on June 24 that the Napa County grand jury characterized Realignment as a “get out of jail free card.”
“San Bernardino County’s Probation Department public information officer, Chris Condon, said about half of the nearly 3,000 post-release community supervision offenders under the county’s supervision are sex offenders, as reported in the Crestline Courier-News on June 28.”
“Redding Police Chief Robert Paoletti said property crime in Redding was up 53 percent in the first four months of the year, the Redding Record Searchlight reported on June 24.”
Still waiting for Senator Mark DeSaulnier to explain how AB-109 is GOOD for Claycord.

16 Ancient Mariner November 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Most evenings I walk up Ruth Drive to the 7-11.
Because these days there are more panhandlers, more homeless (sometimes crazy homeless) and more scary people out there, I’ve been less and less inclined to take my night-time walks. This latest piece of bad news is the last straw. No more walks for the foreseeable future. Time to join a nice, safe gym instead!

17 NRA #1 fan and member November 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Pleasant Hill the new Oakland. Enough said.

18 Gulf Veteran November 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

@12….. I have had guns pointed at me… and multiple RPGs in the gulf. We shot back and sent quite a few of those muthas to “Paradise”. Howz that for experience?

Wusses.

19 Jill Kiar November 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Harvard Dr. had almost the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Same area. I wonder if its the same crook?

20 Palermo November 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

No. 12, yes I have, and you are right

21 33 years in PH November 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Over the years I’ve seen PH go from a quiet little town to quiet little town with crime up the ying yang. Too bad this element has infiltrated and taking advantage. Section 8 housing and welfare office have nothing to do with it I’m sure….

Can’t we all just be friends? Lock and load mofos…

22 Elwood November 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

NRA #1 fan and member November 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Pleasant Hill the new Oakland. Enough said.

Oh, please! You are so full of shit it’s squirting out your ears.

23 @ NRA #1 fan and member November 20, 2012 at 6:37 AM

NRA #1 fan and member is the new village idiot. Enough said.

24 Mac November 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I went to Gregory Gardens. (Class of `71)

25 sprayTHENaim November 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM

@ Gulf Veteran, bravo. I was gonna say something

26 SprayTHENaim November 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I would also like to say ‘bravo’ to this criminal. You found some dumbass kid who obviously doesnt have a car and successfully got away with assault & robbery. Hopefully, you graduate to home invasions and assume nobody is home. And I’m guessing you had a .22 handgun (little sh**) or a mac10. You think your super cool with your friends, yep I’m white cuz I said super cool, but I live in the area where You got away with your first robbery. There’s much more goodies inside the houses in that area, so I would invite you to come into my house when you think nobody’s there, even though my mom is sick and sleeps til late afternoon, with the mossberg pump under her bed. When you don’t respond when she asks who you are, she will not hesitate to fill you full of lead pheasant shot. It’s gonna be hard to hit the club full of lead. And if I’m home, my .45 will be enough for your tiny brain. I’m sure many of the people in this neighborhood also have an armory in their house, many people in this area were in Vietnam, and etc. and the police support the community owning handguns, but it’s a shame that they don’t give out CCWs to the LAWFUL citizens, but this dude walks around at 7 pm with a handgun. Thanks CoCo Sheriff!

27 BUCK426 November 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM

@ SprayTHENaim.

-birdshot is for birds
-buckshot is for bucks
-SLUGS are for THUGS.

Good people – be situationally aware at all times, at the same time be prepared to the tooth and nail if/when forced. There are too many rats in/out of the cage.