Pursuit Ends on Curletto Dr. in Concord

November 18, 2012 22:34 pm · 15 comments

A police pursuit ended at about 10:15pm on Sunday on Curletto Drive in Concord.

We’re hearing the suspect, who was seen earlier running stop signs, crashed his vehicle (which was possibly stolen) and was taken into custody shortly after the pursuit began.

No major injuries were reported.

The name of the suspect isn’t available at this time.

{ 15 comments }

1 EF November 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I knew you’d know what all the sirens were about!

2 anonymous (occupy the world) November 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

R.I.P. CAR, I HOPE YOUR OWNER HAD INSURANCE

3 Belairium November 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Do you know What kind of car it was?

4 Concerned Resident November 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Police are still cruising the neighborhood. Are they looking for another suspect?

5 Anon November 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Good job CPD!

6 Randome Task November 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

what you mean that 150,000 dollar grant didnt stop this guy before he possibly stole the car and went on joy ride in newoakland …told ya every day at least 2 major crimes reported each day …..too bad maybe we need more money for check points ……..

7 Sar Casm November 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Lots of sirens earlier today on my street. Police action at Claudia Dr near Holbrook Dr. No idea what it was about.

8 I wonder if it was Wayne..... November 19, 2012 at 3:02 AM

on his way home with a carload of stolen property…??

9 whatever floats your boat November 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I think this looser ran a red light on Concord Blvd/Landana earlier in the day…..he was going at least 60 mph when he ran the red light. Good thing the car next to me hesitated before pulling into the intersection. This kind of stupidity makes me so angry…someone could have easily been killed at the high rate of speed that this looser was traveling. Glad the CPD got this loser. Hope he crashed his car into a BIG TREE!

10 anonymous November 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ain’t meth wonderful?

11 Curletto resident November 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

@Belarium, it was a pickup truck, he skidded around the corner and his front tire blew out. I could not tell you the color or make?
They took one, the driver, in custody. I overheard the PD saying he was on parolee. There were 6 patrol cars on my street and they dd not appear to be searching for anyone else.
Amazingly when the truck spun out it avoided the vehicles parked on either side. That was just dumb luck.
Good job CPD! THANK YOU!

12 unknown November 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

“Curletto Police Chase”
What happened? A drunken driver started trouble in Dianda Plaza. As I hear from bystanders, he almost hit some cars. He ran red lights, speeding and resisting arrest. On Curletto Dr., the Concord police did a pit maneuver on the pickup truck, turned it 90 degrees in the middle of the street. Then they rammed the driver’s door. Ten (10) police cars with lights flashing were all over the street, I thought it was Christmas, this happen about 10:15 pm.
I don’t know if the truck was stolen.
The rest of the story: He is known to the police. I asked one of the officers about this and he said that “he” gave the driver a DUI about month ago. That was his third DUI. I asked about the punishment, the officer smiled and said that is up to the courts.
I’ll bet he’ll be back on the streets by Christmas?

13 @ Sar Casm November 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

the police action on Claudia was the CPD responding to a call about a dog off leash. Yes, a dog. The owner consistently lets her hang out off leash in his front yard. 6 concord police responded and eventually the owner was assaulted and the dog was taken. Sad, because I know that dog well and she is a sweetheart that would not hurt anyone (and No, she is not a pit bull or any of the other “infamous” breeds). So, the owner was assaulted, unprovoked, but was not arrested. Some lawyer is going to do well and we taxpayers will pay for yet another overzealous cop.

14 ANON November 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM

@ Whatever Floats Your Boat….looser is having your pants loosened so they are less constricting. A loser is someone who loses a lot or can’t get their $%&* together………

15 Anonymous November 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

whatever floats ur boat u could have slipped in the word loser a few more times how bout driver hey reckless even dangerous u should clean ur mirror
who r u a winner