PHOTO: Walnut Creek Police Release Photo of Stolen Credit Card Suspect

November 14, 2012 10:00 am · 39 comments

The Walnut Creek Police (WCPD) are looking for the woman pictured above.

The following is from the WCPD:

Do you recognize this person? She used a stolen credit card at a gas station shortly after the card was taken during an auto burglary. She is described as a white female in her late 20’s, approximately 5’6″ with shoulder length brown hair.

She was with a second suspect who is described as a dark skinned male in his 20’s, 6’2”, 220 pounds wearing a dark baseball hat, a light blue hooded sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

The suspects were driving a 1990’s full size 4 door sedan.

If you have information about this crime please email Officer Brown at abrown@walnutcreekpd.com.

1 the Shi ite November 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I don’t understand what’s the big deal about ASKING to see an ID when taking a credit card.
How does this trample on peoples so called “rights”?

2 Roberto November 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

In place of a signature on the back of all my cards is written “card me.” One in 20 maybe looks and asks for my ID. If I am carded in a retail store, I thank the clerk and then thank the manager for hiring the clerk. In a restaurant carding me means at least an additional gratuity of 10%. Still it is about one in twenty transactions.

3 Danny November 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Which gas station was it?

4 Realist November 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM

She looks like the local tweeker. The other guy is probley her “daddy”

5 WC44 November 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Two pictures today. Two bad photos. If you are going to install a camera make it a good one.

6 anon November 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

That’s INDIE!

7 Anon November 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Pretty clear photo, strange no one has identified her yet, maybe she is a transient passing through.

8 Bob November 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Am I the only person to notice the name of the Chinese restaurant next door to the adult bookstore is called “Peking Boy”?

9 mika November 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I totally agree w/ Shi Ite, why not ask for ID? They did it back in the day when people wrote checks. Am I missing something here? Is there a law or PC rule that prohibits asking for I’d?

10 dilligafman November 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM

all my credit cards have “photo i. d. required” in indelible ink on back of them.

11 Mimi (original) November 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM

the corporation I work for has dictated that IF the card has been signed on the back we CANNOT ask for ID. A stupid, foolish rule. IF the card is not signed or says “please see ID” I ask for ID. I’ve never had anyone get offended by being asked for their ID. Personally I WANT clerks to ask for my ID.

12 Nokeem November 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I wonder how many huffs and puffs would be heard from people in line; whining about “What’s taking so long?” Just a thought.
Also, if she stole the wallet, she’s got a license(I don’t know if this is the case here). Rarely do you see the kind of “Casablanca – Your papers-please-type” photo inspection. You just don’t. BETTER CAMERAS…without good video/photo what is the point?

13 Feckin Irish Mouse November 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yep my credit card all say “See ID” on the back……….I was told by Oakland PD back int he 1980’s (when I use to retrieve stolen credit cards where I worked) to never ever ever ever sign a credit card as they theives can copy that signature.

14 TinFoiler November 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I would say that the not required to show ID law was cooked up by the credit card companies – A sale is a sale to these corporations.
There’s your conspiracy.

15 married guy November 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM

She is cute…….I’d hit that!

16 Starfish November 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM

This is so true-I never ever ever ever will have the back or any part of my credit cards signed.

17 jadedserf November 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM

LOL Bob,
While driving down lovely Monument, last weekend, from PH I mentioned that very thing to my companion as we passed the Peking Boy sign! I asked, which came first, the peking boy or the dicey store in the back?

18 Closer November 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM

On the back of all of my cards, I write in Sharpie “See ID? HIGH FIVE!” Makes the whole process fun and rewarding. Who doesn’t like high fives?!

19 Concordejet November 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Married Guy than what are you doing to do is your wallet is gone?

Cashier are so clueless about asking for ID they are not aware of anyone could have a stolen credit card. This is why ASKING for ID is safer than sorry.

20 Janon November 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Married guy-you make your species look bad. confirming everything women already think about men. Congrats.

21 Randome Task November 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM

those 2 look related like brother and sister ..this chick and the kidnapper

22 Walnut Creek Resident November 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Love these cameras!!! Somebody will see her and identify these people
who always think they can get away with stealing our stuff..

23 Bishop Estates November 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I always thank the cashiers FOR ASKING to see my ID:) esdpecially with the Holiday com,ing….all the creepscome out to rip you off!

24 Connie Dobbs November 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM

#20, Think she might be a troll?

25 Starfire November 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Definite Troll!

26 NancyO November 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

She looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt. (on meth)

27 anonamust November 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM

@ Married guy. You have lousy taste. She’s a lowlife criminal……

28 anonamiss November 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This girl is an idiot. I don’t care how desperate you feel, stealing a credit card is not the answer to your problems. It only compounds them. I hope she likes the color orange, because that’s the hot color in prison…….Or is it puse green?

29 Cap'n Nick November 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

It’s nice to see that everyone on this site has managed to maintain their sense of humor. I feel pretty confident in my assumption that the comment at #20 was a friggin’ joke. Lighten up ladies. Perhaps the bigger problem is that some of you take yourselves way to damn seriously and get your panties in a wad over something that was said in jest.

30 Anon November 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Another Bonny and Clide, dumbshits are everywhere. OPEN CARRY!

31 mileena November 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM

@the Shiite #1:

In general, stores may ask to see ID for credit card transactions, but the customer is free to decline to show it. The store must then still accept the credit card, absent signs of fraud (and no, failure to how ID is not a sign of fraud). This all per the MasterCard and Visa credit card agreements with their merchants. I think for Discover (I’m too lazy to look it up), stores may not even ask you to show an ID. This is all readily available on google.

32 mileena November 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I made a typo in my post above: “how” should be “show”.

I know I will never how ID for a credit card transaction. Sometimes the manager is called and I produce web documents which show I do not have to produce ID, per the merchant agreement with the credit card company.

Producing ID here is a violation of my rights, and causes all sort of problems:

it delays the line
it might cause me to lose the ID from my wallet

More importantly, it contains valuable information, like your home address, which dishonest clerks can memorize so they can burglarize your house later. The driver’s license number is also valuable, as it is required for cell phone applications. Some ID’s also contain info like your weight, etc.

33 mileena November 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I forgot to add that you can refuse to show ID and still pay that way only if the credit card is signed. If it is not signed, you have to show ID if requested or they can refuse the transaction. They are supposed to compare your signature on the receipt with the signature on the card to check for fraud. With debit cards using the debit portion, your PIN is what acts as the safeguard instead of a signature.

34 General E. Lectric November 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

She looks like Paula Broadwell.

35 TinFoiler November 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Mileena,

“it delays the line
it might cause me to lose the ID from my wallet”
Cash is the only thing that Doesn’t delay the line.

36 Walnut all day November 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

She’s probably from the ghetto like Richmond, Oakland, Antioch, ect. Lol

37 vh November 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Showing id delays the line but producing documents to prove that you don’t have to show your id doesnt? :)

38 mileena November 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

@TinFoiler:

“And I thought I was the conspiracy theorist! So if the name on card is Michael Smith and it’s a Female using it – It’s all good?”

Yes, because the person might be transgendered. It’s not a joke; it’s actually more common than one would think. Also, if it were a different person, presumably the signatures wouldn’t match…but I guess if they practiced, they could match, which might be a problem.

@vh:

“Showing id delays the line but producing documents to prove that you don’t have to show your id doesnt?”

Haha – good point!

39 jb November 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I wrote on the back of my card “see ID” but no one normally asks for it.
When asked I do thank them for asking, but most stores are in such a hurry
that asking for ID is normally never asked of us. Guess that is why we must
report it right away, and hope we do not get charged for to much on our bill we have to pay for.