“Buoy” – Missing in North Concord

November 10, 2012 16:27 pm · 17 comments

It’s awful to lose a pet, but it’s especially awful to lose a pet when it’s so cold outside.

Here’s information on “Buoy”, who was recently lost near Solano Way in North Concord.

Buoy is a male cat, black and white. Black on his back and top of his head, all of his tail. He is white on his belly, his face below his eyes, and his front paws.

He is a year old and weighs approximately 15 pounds. He’s not skinny but he’s not huge either.

He was last seen on Wednesday, November 7 in the evening.

He is an indoor cat and we believe he snuck out behind someone while entering/exiting.

Last scene off Solano Way in Concord.

I’ve attached a picture, Buoy is the one on the left (the bigger of the two).

Anybody with information can contact news@claycord.com.

1 Mimi (original) November 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Poor, Buoy! I hope ur people find u soon! It’s too chilly outside for u to be wandering around!

2 What Security November 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM

How the heck to pronounce his name??? I’m going to sound ridiculous

Is it BOO-YA,, Or Boy-eeee

3 Sassy November 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thank you Mayor, for posting Buoy. I’m his “mama”. We’ve put food and water out for him in case he comes home during the night. He also has a warm spot on the porch if he finds his way back home. I’ve already gone to the animal shelter in Martinez and my husband will check again on Tuesday afternoon. We’ve spoken to a few neighbors and as soon as I can get a working printer, I’ll be handing out flyers to everyone.

The Claycord community is also such a great help. Buoy is a rescue and he’s a big lover, only recently coming out of his shell. I can only hope we find him soon.

4 Amy November 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Keep food and water out at all 4 sides of your house. He will get hungry. Cats are a whole lot smarter than we think even if they are indoor cats. My cat went out the open screen door and I kicked myself. I put out food for several days all around my house and after a few days some was eaten. Long story short, gradually my cat came back for food.. It took a few days for him to get tired of his freedom and he got hungry. I did have a few un invited visitors, but I didn’t give up. Buoy will come back. i will say a prayer for your boy.

5 To Buoy's Mama November 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I’ll say a prayer for him tonight, too! Hopefully he’s found a warm place to hole up when it’s cold.

6 C November 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

People should try calling out “Ba ba” along with “buoy”.

7 Parsnip November 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM

@What Security — pronunciation is “boo-eee” — (those navigation things that float in the water).

Hope the kitty is found!

8 Ricky Ricardo November 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Knock it off C, thisa serious about the missing kitty!

9 Teacher November 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I hope you find your kitty. I myself have a kitty and a dog and would be devistated if I lost either one.

10 Sassy November 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM

C – that was actually cute.

Good news! Buoy is home. He JUST got here. I let the dogs in and all of a sudden his little face was staring at me from the back door.

Amy, I put out food last night. Great suggestion. I saw that half the food was eaten. That meant it was a cat and not raccoons (raccoons would have eaten the entire bowl.

THANK YOU all for the well wishes and keeping an eye out. I am so so grateful.

P.S. He is named after the navigational object. Pronounced Boo-yee. My husband’s grandfather was a buoy tender in the Coast Guard aboard the CGC Willow. (the dog’s name is Willow)

11 Parsnip November 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Great to read this! Animals are priceless — and it’s wonderful to learn of owners who care!

12 jose November 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Pet owners should be aware that certain smaller animals are fair game for preditors such as owls and coyotes and both are plentiful in our area.
I have found coyote scat on a jogging trail that had cat hair in it……..take care of you small pets and try not to let them wander especially at night.

13 jb November 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Has Buoy kitty been found yet. Its been so cold at nite, I hope he found
someone to take him in till he can get home to his family. I have a kitty
that looks just like Buoy and I got a chip placed in him so if lost can be
returned to his family.

Hope kitty is home safe and sound now. Please let us know. I have
been searching but have not seen him.

14 Sassy aka Buoy's Mama November 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Jb – see my post at 10. Buoy came home last night. My husband suspects that he was hanging out under the deck until the opportunity arose to come towards the house after the dog was let in.

15 Atticus Thraxx November 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Good ending. Stupid cats. Bet he didn’t say a word when he came in either.

16 Mimi (original) November 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Glad I checked back on this story to learn Buoy made it home safely. Our pets are amazing, aren’t they?

17 nytemuvr November 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Cool….remind him it’s smokeout day…..I’ve been fortunate enough not to have any of my feline friends leave….only females…