HUGE Backup on Ygnacio Valley Road

November 8, 2012 17:51 pm · 16 comments

Ygnacio is backed up from the City of Walnut Creek to Ayers Road in Concord due to a vehicle collision.

Use a detour if you planned to take Ygnacio into Concord from Walnut Creek.

1 Jerk November 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Death, Kill, Blood, Texting. What’s New! A bunch of Moronic SHEEP out there.

2 Anon November 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Too late!! Bummer!!

3 jody November 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I was just behind this wreck, the car went over the embankment, and several cars behind it (I was about 15 cars back) pulled over, as witnesses, I presume, and there was smoke coming from the car as it slowly rolled downwards, and as I looked in my rearview, I saw a tow truck with lights flashing pull over, I assume he was behind the accident also, and was smart enough to realize he would be needed. I pray that medical assistance got there quickly, and that the occupant(s) of the car are okay. Nice posts, #1 and #2. I also pray it never happens to you.

4 Anon November 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

…..

5 Shasta Daisy November 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

That’s what took me soooooo long to get home!

6 Jerk November 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

#3, No need for prayer – Just don’t TEXT or Be pre-occupied when you’re SUPPOSED to be DRIVING.
I see Way Too many things people do that endanger my Life on the road, so yeah I’m jaded

7 Mike Hermantrout November 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Jerk is the sheep who thinks calling people stupid makes him special.

Like your the 1st person to say what you’ve said. Pathetic really

8 Randome Task November 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

little respect please your home and these poor folks are prob still at hospital or worse

9 jody November 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Yep, Jerk, you’re jaded. EXACTLY what I was thinking. You can say it all you want, there will be people who won’t listen, and don’t care. It doesn’t take away from the fact that people may have been injured in this accident.

10 Anonymous November 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I was just doing HW in the living room and I heard all these sirens for a few minutes straight. We checked Claycord but the didn’t have anything yet at the time.

11 EdiBirsan November 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I also got caught up in it and saw an ambulance. No other info.

12 Starfish November 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

It was horrendous trying to get home through that. Never got to see the accident–but was caught in it.

13 Assumptions November 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

We don’t know the facts yet. It could have been a heart attack for all we know.

14 Need traffic report site for YVR & Treat! November 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Its easy to find traffic report online for 680, 24, and 4 but there’s no site that provides info on YVR or Treat or other major local artery. It would be great if the traffic services could cover these major roads and alert us to these types of accidents.

I got to Oak Grove and made a quick left to head over to Treat as I could see the traffic lined up all the way up the hill. This time, I got lucky but not everyone fared so well.

15 Two Minute Red Lights Suck! November 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wait a minute. I thought Ygnacio wasALWAYS “backed up from the City of Walnut Creek to Ayers Road in Concord”. Since I bought my underwater home out here in East County and have to deal with Hellway 4 everyday, I miss my old pleasant drive up YV Road.

16 Jay November 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Me and my friend were front seat when this happened. We were at the stoplight across from where everything happened. Ridiculous. Hope no one got hurt.