HUGE Backup on Ygnacio Valley Road

November 8, 2012 · 18 comments

Ygnacio is backed up from the City of Walnut Creek to Ayers Road in Concord due to a vehicle collision.

Use a detour if you planned to take Ygnacio into Concord from Walnut Creek.

1 Jerk November 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Death, Kill, Blood, Texting. What’s New! A bunch of Moronic SHEEP out there.

2 Anon November 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Too late!! Bummer!!

3 jody November 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I was just behind this wreck, the car went over the embankment, and several cars behind it (I was about 15 cars back) pulled over, as witnesses, I presume, and there was smoke coming from the car as it slowly rolled downwards, and as I looked in my rearview, I saw a tow truck with lights flashing pull over, I assume he was behind the accident also, and was smart enough to realize he would be needed. I pray that medical assistance got there quickly, and that the occupant(s) of the car are okay. Nice posts, #1 and #2. I also pray it never happens to you.

4 Anon November 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

…..

5 Shasta Daisy November 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

That’s what took me soooooo long to get home!

6 Jerk November 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

#3, No need for prayer – Just don’t TEXT or Be pre-occupied when you’re SUPPOSED to be DRIVING.
I see Way Too many things people do that endanger my Life on the road, so yeah I’m jaded

7 Mike Hermantrout November 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Jerk is the sheep who thinks calling people stupid makes him special.

Like your the 1st person to say what you’ve said. Pathetic really

8 Randome Task November 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

little respect please your home and these poor folks are prob still at hospital or worse

9 Doris November 8, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I drive about 150 miles per day to get to and from my job and the stupidity of the majority of drivers stuns me, on a daily basis. Red light runners, speeders and the people on their phones is horrible. How important are you that you need to be tied to your phone 24/7? Just bitching, it took me so long to get home, I am tired, I live off Ayers, I drive YVR every day and I am sick of the traffic,……. moving at this point is not an option. People need to pay attention to driving. PERIOD> End of story. Hope all involved are OK

10 jody November 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Yep, Jerk, you’re jaded. EXACTLY what I was thinking. You can say it all you want, there will be people who won’t listen, and don’t care. It doesn’t take away from the fact that people may have been injured in this accident.

11 Anonymous November 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I was just doing HW in the living room and I heard all these sirens for a few minutes straight. We checked Claycord but the didn’t have anything yet at the time.

12 EdiBirsan November 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I also got caught up in it and saw an ambulance. No other info.

13 Starfish November 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

It was horrendous trying to get home through that. Never got to see the accident–but was caught in it.

14 Assumptions November 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

We don’t know the facts yet. It could have been a heart attack for all we know.

15 Need traffic report site for YVR & Treat! November 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Its easy to find traffic report online for 680, 24, and 4 but there’s no site that provides info on YVR or Treat or other major local artery. It would be great if the traffic services could cover these major roads and alert us to these types of accidents.

I got to Oak Grove and made a quick left to head over to Treat as I could see the traffic lined up all the way up the hill. This time, I got lucky but not everyone fared so well.

16 Two Minute Red Lights Suck! November 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wait a minute. I thought Ygnacio wasALWAYS “backed up from the City of Walnut Creek to Ayers Road in Concord”. Since I bought my underwater home out here in East County and have to deal with Hellway 4 everyday, I miss my old pleasant drive up YV Road.

17 Jay November 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Me and my friend were front seat when this happened. We were at the stoplight across from where everything happened. Ridiculous. Hope no one got hurt.

18 Outa Here November 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Those of you that jump to conclusions and disseminate untruths and heresay are worthless, paltry people.

I was an involved party, innocently rearended by an old woman who probably should not be driving in the first place. THERE WERE NO CELL PHONES OR TEXTING INVOLVED. All three parties involved were driving and one of them made a judgement error. I have been stuck in Ygnacio traffic almost everyday for the last 33 years. Get over it! Shit Happens!!! I got over the fact that my day was interrupted by having to stand in the freezing cold for a hour looking at my brand new car that has probably $10k of damage. You can get over sitting in your warm toasty, undamaged car a little longer than ususal. The old lady nearly went down the embankment, if she had, not wearing a seatbelt and driving a convertible, I guarantee you, even more of the road would have closed for Life Flight. As it was, there were very minor injuries.

Once again, Shit Happens!!! And just be glad it didn’t happen to you.

Have a nice day!!