How Many Trick or Treaters Did You Get?

October 31, 2012 20:56 pm · 109 comments

Did everybody enjoy Halloween this year?

For those of you who stayed home, how many trick or treaters did you get, and how much candy did you give away?

101 Trevor Quinn November 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

72 kids came to my door, 12 bags of candy given out, and I live in the Canterbury District

102 LorieStories November 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I went out with my daughter and son who is a very tall 5’10 twleve year old. He dressed up as the Geico Gecko. But he got a lot of rude comments from people saying “Aren’t you a little old?” I love it when the teenagers come around. The extra special costumes or polite kids get new Barbies, Zhu Zhu Pets or other trinkets. The ones who don’t dress in costume get a can of Tuna.

103 mike mac November 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

close to 300

104 Lorelei November 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Roundtree…..ONE.

105 Bill sawyers November 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Only about 70 this year wasn’t able to set up my haunted porch do to back problems. I got hundreds last few years as I was passing out my children books, candy, and light sticks to the first 50. North Concord
Really went down due to Holbrook closing

106 True November 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

we usually get about 200 but this year we are puting in a new drivewy and replaceing the messed up sidewalk. So we had everything blocked off it was to dangerous to walk on..I missed seeing all the cute kids I allways give out the regular size bag of m&m or kit kats. I get them at cost co. It’s not that much more expensive and you can keep track of canyy if you have enough or not. M7M has 48 to a box.. It’s still a fun nighi

107 Chevrolet girl November 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I live in the state streets and we had 33 kids. It gets less and less every year. My mom lives in Pleasant Hill and in 1967 she had 400 kids this year a little over 100.

108 MamaB November 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

@SadtoSee- Our section of Dana Hills was hopping. I lost count but easily 100+ kids. It was a little slower than last year, though. They were all well dressed and very polite, much more so than I have seen in the past. The parents were engaged and coaching good manners-haven’t seen that in a while either!

109 MR> Halloween November 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM

WE had close to 600 kids this year come down are street a new record.