Three Pittsburg Double-Murder Suspects Arrested in Concord

October 26, 2012 12:10 pm · 44 comments

Detectives from the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff on Monday, October 22, 2012 arrested three men in connection with the killings of Christopher Zinn and Brieanna Dow, who were both killed near Pittsburg.

The Office of the Sheriff served search warrants at a residence on the 1200 block of Detroit Avenue in Concord.

Three men were taken into custody for murder:

• 24-year-old Sheldon Silas of Pittsburg
  • 31-year-old Reginald Whitley of Antioch
  • 25-year-old Lamar Michaels of Pittsburg

All three are currently being held at county jail without bail. The case has been presented to the District Attorney’s Office.

Formal murder charges have been filed against all three suspects.

On Sunday, October 14, 2012, at about 5:25 PM, police dispatch received a report of shots-fired on Buchanan Road near Ventura Drive in Pittsburg. Pittsburg and Antioch police responded and found 24-year-old Christopher Zinn and 21-year-old Brieanna Dow on the roadway.

Zinn was pronounced deceased at the scene. Dow was taken to Sutter Delta hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

Fig Newton October 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

What a bunch hard core criminals !!!!!!!! The DA will be busy with this trio! Concord PD always prevails,,, These guys should have known better,, don’t hide in Concord!

Howard K Mullins III October 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Glad these guys are behind bars.

Let’s see what Mark does with these alleged murderers.

I Work For Mormons October 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hasn’t the middle dude’s mug been on Claycord before?

What security October 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Don’t hide in Concord is right. Great JOB!!! CCPD!!!!

Knee Gross October 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

All three look so charming.

Dung Beetle October 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Fight the stereotype….fail again

sfsean October 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Yea, I thought I saw those guys at the library the other day………………………………NOT!!!!

You have to figure these Einsteins were too cool for school when they had the opportunity to do something with their lives. “Study? Nah, lets smoke some more of that good weed!!”

Traveler October 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I’m sure they are innocent! lol

Mexicant October 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

@ “I work for Mormons” what does that mean or have to do with anything?

Queen of the Universe October 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM

@ Mexicant, can say the same thing about your handle.

anon October 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM

@Mexicant
How do you not know what “mug” is referring to?

Hint: mugshot 😉

Johny Ringo October 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM

“Burn ’em. Burn ’em all.”

in the know October 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

You guys are giving the wrong people the credit. It was Contra Costa Sheriff’s Dept. case. Not Concord Police. Either way, it was an extremely brutal killing and hopefully justice will be served.

Anon777 October 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Good riddance!

@9 October 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

It’s his screen name, just like yours is Mexicant. What does yours mean, or have to do with anything?

666 October 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Fry them in the electric chair, only if found guilty that is. I wish they would bring it back and start frying thugs that are convicted of murder.

dilligafman October 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

3 more pos’s off the streets! ALL IS GOOD!

tootsie October 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

People on this sight simply DO NOT READ. The first two sentences states that it was the CC Sheriff’s office who arrested the perps.

tootsie October 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Sorry – I meant “site”. Should have not corrected my mistake to see how many people would catch it.

@ Fig Newton October 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM

It was the work of the Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office, not Concord PD. Please give credit where credit is due!

IFBB pro big Al October 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

If I were working in MDF, I would judge them like everyone else on here, and preform community service on these 3 little weak reatrds.

Screwy Louie October 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thinnin the Herd

F.O.E October 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

@ )LEAST THEY R NOT N SOLANO… COCO COUNTY IS EASY PEZZY… CANT WAIT FOR THE RESULTS…

Enough Already! October 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Three more scum-bags off the street!

Domifan October 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Wow, and they look like such fine upstanding citizens…..

Dawn October 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I wonder if these three have anything to do with Justin Gibbs murder on Buchanan and Railroad in Pittsburg this last weekend? Would love to know they caught the scumbags that killed that young man.

Thugs October 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM

And you wonder why I want my gun rights back? I live here and this scum rolls around town in stores, on the streets, schools wherever. It’s just dumb luck that you or I haven’t crossed paths with this filth. (or have you?)

Give me the freedom to protect my family beyond my front door!!!! Vote for gun rights. Vote for your own safety !

Joe A October 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Three more upstanding, well groomed citizens destroyed by the Prison-Industrial-Complex. If such, well behaved, well connected people to their community and church are hustled in by Big Brother then none of us have a chance.

As they say about war (you know a real war not the wars of choice or wars for Israel that we fight), they kill off the best first. Beware! If you say to yourself that such upstanding individuals are far ahead of you in the rankings of dutiful citizens, one day it will be your turn when they get down to the 20th and 30th best.

Beware of Big Brother he’s coming for you. Look what they did to Oakland…they took everyone!

Anon October 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I bet other this one little murder they are great people.

HA! Got ya, they are low life.

E October 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM

TYPICAL…….

Dixie October 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM

there’s a special place in hell for these 3…the only way not too go..is too come to know Jesus. oh but your azz stays in jail tho..to bad we dont live in TX

Law Abiding Citizen October 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

My home was broken in to this Tuesday 23rd around 10am, I emailed mayor but they havent shared my story yet.

4 Black males in their teens or 20s broke in to my home and stole a lot of stuff. Cameras were cut but they left the DVR and the police have their faces.
Our neighborhood is furious.

Connie Dobbs October 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM

#29, you have such a great name.
Do you own a Chihuahua named Moco? If not, why not?

ammo October 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Antler, bunny and all you other PC nuts –
How will you describe these three neeeeeegrooooooooows when they murder one of your loved ones?

Highway Star October 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Those men represent Pittsburg and Antioch’s finest……….. dirtbags.

I vote for a good ol’ lynching.

ClaycordAnon October 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Dam good work CPD and Sheriffs! You all rock to get rid of some scumballs!

I've seen the roadside shrine October 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

where this crime took place. A sad and desolate stretch of road. Regardless of what kind of lives they led, this was no place for people to die.

Larry October 26, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The guy on the left looks like this is his first mug-shot photo shoot.The two on the right look like seasoned veterans to this sort of thing.

TinFoiler October 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

More of this to come. I advise you to arm yourself, take a gun safety course.
The Police will be too overwhelmed protecting businesses – You are on your own when the times really get tough.

another sunny day October 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Kudos to CPD! Nice work!

IFBB pro big Al October 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Rember folks, there are two types of people permitted to arm themselves. 1. Law enforcement. 2. Criminals, they are excempt from the law because laws don’t aply to them. So yes, If you’re going to a bad area arm yourself. It’s only a misdemeanor, I’d rather be convicted of a misdemeanor vs being dead.

sick of these thugs October 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM

YAY, NO BAIL!

Koncord Kid October 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Human pieces of excriment! Sheriffs office rocks!!!!!!!! 1200 detroit,,,,,,,,,,, nice area!

kk November 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM

So these are the 3 N—– that killed my cousin. You guys are so saddd.U didnt give Life…..but u took life……i pray that u spend the rest of your Life thinking how many people u affected by ur senseless action.