The Claycord Dog of the Week – Every Monday on Claycord.com

October 15, 2012 9:25 am · 14 comments

This is the “Dog of the Week” on Claycord.com!

It’s “Sampson”, he’s a one-year-old boxer who is full of energy and loves to play!

What a sweet set of pictures, he looks so happy.

Click on each picture for a much larger view.

Have a great week!

The “Dog of the Week” is sponsored by My Dawg House.

My Dawg House provides Dog Daycare, Dog Boarding & Dog Grooming. We’re located in downtown Concord at 1700 East Street, near the Concord BART station. My Dawg House is locally owned & operated, and provides a safe, CLEAN, fun environment for your four-legged family member.

Call us today at 925-687-3294 or visit our website at www.MyDawgHouse.com.

{ 14 comments }

1 Claycordian in Claycord October 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I found my dawg house through claycord and it was the best thing I have ever done for my four legged kid. She always gets so excited every morning when she goes and comes home so happy every night. Samson has such a sweet face.

2 jtkatec October 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Samson, what a GREAT DOG!!!

3 Starfish October 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

He is a handsome dog, isn’t he?

4 vh October 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Awww. I just recently had to put my 7 year old boxer Lily down due to lymphoma. She was the best dog in the world and I bet he is too! Boxers are amazing creatures.

5 jtkatec October 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

What I want to know is what Sampson is thinking in that second picture…?

Get the camera out of my face, mom…
If that camera was a dog cookies, I would just eat it…..

or maybe something more profound

6 iPhone October 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

How about cats? Do they get any love?

7 Starfish October 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

@jtkatec
It looks like Sampson is thinking–…….mmmmmm Steak…… :-)

8 Parsnip October 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM

@iPhone #6 –

I’m guessing it’s ad space. If so, I wish one of the cat advocacies would buy some space, too.

Love the expression on Sampson’s “mug shot.”

9 MO October 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

What a sweet boy….I love that smile on his big ol face…lol.
I’ve never owned a Boxer, but .. when I was just old enough to babysit, the folks I worked for had a Boxer that looked much like Sampson…he protected me…I’d lay on the couch to watch I Love Lucy and he’s have his nose about 12 inches from mine…staring at me..then when I didn’t say anything to him..he’d push that flat ol nose on my arm…and leave lots of long dog spit …on my shirt.
Thanks for posting..he made me feel much better ;)

10 Starfish October 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Oh Parsnips–no blocking because there are no cats listed on here. I think the previous pooch on here belonged to someone else. I think that is the point of this–excuse me if I sound dingy.

11 Starfish October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

@jtkatec
Not you jtkatec ;)

12 Parsnip October 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

@Starfish — if I remember correctly they are all owned. Cute pups. One of these days I’ll get another dog — just not while I’m working. I keep seeing dog photos on this site and think, “it’ll be a boxer … no, it’ll be a yorkie … no it’ll be a Boston terrier … no it’ll be a …”

One thing I do have to say about Mayor, it’s great that he/she gives space when people lose their pets. It’s great when he/she posts happy stories. And it’s *necessary* when he/she posts who’s facing animal cruelty charges. Those are the ones who need some local “recognition.”

Good Mayor! :)

13 Starfish October 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM

And………………

14 Cristina Yaughn October 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hi Everyone, I (with my husband) are the very proud owners of Samson! He loves his Dawg House and it just makes his day to be there. He is a bundle of energy and the Dawg House helps wear him out!!! Thanks for all the loves for our Samson, he also has the nickname the “Pampered Prince” because he gets so much love here and at his second home! If you want to meet him and his girlfriend he met at the Dawg House (Joy a white boxer) you can find him there every Thursday!