Pittsburg Robbery Suspect Arrested on Highway-4 Near I-680

September 25, 2012 · 28 comments

A man wanted for robbery in the City of Pittsburg was spotted and arrested on westbound highway-4 just west of I-680 on Tuesday afternoon, according to the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff’s Deputies recognized the vehicle from a county-wide alert that went out to area law enforcement agencies. They performed a felony stop on the suspect and took him into custody.

Witnesses say the freeway was briefly shut down while the Deputies detained & arrested the suspect.

The identity of the suspect hasn’t been released.

1 Martinite September 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

What time did this happen?

2 Anon September 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

More trash from out of town.

3 Dorothy September 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Good for the Sheriff and his personel.

4 Anon September 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hmmm, When I drove by at 4:12 there were two Pittsburg Police cars there + a flatbed tow truck loading the ghettomobile.
Lemme guess: A Parolee

5 Too bad he didn't jump off the overpass September 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

and get splattered like a watermelon….

6 Hard to miss that car! September 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I can see why it was easy to recognize that car from the law enforcement alert! However, the dirtbag will probably claim “profiling”. Lol!!!

7 Nice picture September 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Wow Mayor, I’m very impressed with all the shutterbugs you have throughout Claycord! We get the best pictures on just about every story! I’m afraid we are getting spoiled by your blog ;)

8 Antler September 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Great news!

9 East County Escapee September 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Good thing that Contra Costa County is planning to make it even easier for Ghetto scum to get from Antioch and Pittsburg to Concord, Clayton and Walnut Creek by widening Kirker Pass and extending James Donlon to dump more traffic and more criminals into town. We need to keep the drive from East County to civilization as difficult as we can so the thugs at least find the drive to be a pain. Who knows, maybe they’ll start robbing people in Livermore instead.

10 perla September 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Nice job, Contra Costa Sheriff’s you rock …..

11 tester September 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Next time choose a little more common getaway car..

That Ghetto camouflage doesn’t work once you pass over the hill into Concord.

12 Dang September 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Ahh, guys antioch is East … ya went the wrong way.

13 @East County Escapee September 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM

You sound like a complete SNOB!!!

14 Green water September 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Damn Irish.

15 Green water September 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I can hear the call now…”attention all units, attention all units…robbery just occurred at cigarettes and more in Antioch…suspect is a black dude (duh), goes by ‘lil boo boo stinky saggypants’, last seen driving a blue and white scraper, sources say the money stolen during the robbery was intended to buy chrome wagon wheels for the scraper and a shower to get the stale weed and swisher smell to go away…lord knows it wasn’t for child support…last seen traveling westbound on syc’moe toward the hair extension emporium, as one of his baby’s mommas was waitin fo her share…caution, lil boo boo stinky saggy pants is on parole for (insert racist comment here) and is known to frequent church’s chicken and likes to eat Cheetos….use caution”

16 Great picture, only improvement would be.. September 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

a couple yellow tarps….

17 anon September 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Hurray for the great work by the Contra Costa County Sheriffs!

18 anon September 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM

wonder what place the suspect allegedly robbed in Pittsburg?

@Green Water; thanks for the great laugh; I needed that.

19 Original G September 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Once again photographic proof Mr. Mayor has highly placed sources.

20 Zorphious September 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

That is some funny stuff right there #15. I had tears rolling down my face. I still can’t stop laughing…

21 tester September 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Green Water..

You rock.

22 Not funny September 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

So how id number 15 slip by the mayor, big surprise. Funny everytime the mayor is given praise he writes back immediately but quite a few times now I have complained to him personally on the racist comments allowed on this blog and he just says he can’t possibly catch them all. Why then when I call him out for the racist he is my comments are not posted. I can only conclude that you are indeed a racist!!! So over claycord!!!

23 Scoots September 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Church’s Chicken is pretty good. Their biscuits are great (they brush them with a little honey & butter). All things considered, Popeye’s is better & KFC is still in 3rd place.

24 Green water September 26, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Don’t hate, it’s the trooph, mmm-hmmmmm

25 Starfish September 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Green Water–slightly funny. You might get a chuckle on the stage because the joke ended.

Churches biscuits are very good–the honey and butter they put on the biscuits makes them taste so good. The chicken is ok–but Popeyes is better.

26 Goodjob September 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Glad they caught him. Once less slimeball on the streets to terrorize our communities.

27 Dear Not Funny September 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

You have a couple of choices:

Move to Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. People who say things that are disapproved of are killed.

or

Stop reading Claycord if the opinions posted offend thee.

28 East County Escapee September 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

@Green Water
I see you’ve spent time in Antioch. Only place where I’ve had someone try to sell me drugs at 7:30 AM. However, it is also the only place I’ve seen where you can buy all 6 flavors of MD 20/20 at any convenience store. It really has gotten skankier than west Oakland.