Column: The Real Housewife of Claycord

July 5, 2012 · 55 comments

Hi Claycordians!

It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from blogging.

I really enjoyed writing my column, and I thank the Mayor for giving me a chance, but my life has gotten so busy that I just can’t dedicate the time I need to write every week.

Thank you to all the readers who helped me out throughout these past few months and for all of your comments, both positive and negative.

I will forever be a part of the Claycord community, and I look forward to chatting with all of you on Claycord.com.

It’s time for me to go make a pie.

xxoo The Real Housewife of Claycord

CLAYCORD.com NOTE: Thanks to The Real Housewife for writing your column. It’s sad to see you go, but I definitely understand why you must leave.

An announcement on a replacement column will come tonight during the Claycord.com Weekly City Council Meeting.

1 C'est Moi July 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

You didn’t even write that much.

But I’m still sad to see you go. You were my fave part of this blog.

Au Revoir

2 AnotherAnon July 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

So, you’re putting pie baking ahead of writing a column? How about dropping in once in a while, with a tip here and there.

3 Just a Concordian July 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

If you were to make less pies, you’d have time to write more :)

I now leave the path wide open to the haters who will undoubtedly be happy to see you gone.

And while I can’t speak for everyone, I do think your column was entertaining and thank you for taking the time to write it for as long as you did.

4 MO July 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Well, I, for one, will miss you.
Thanks for the fun we’ve had each Thursday…..and good luck …. :)))))

5 Paul July 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Sorry to read that you will not be able to continue with your column. I looked forward ot it. Best wishes

6 SAR July 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

damn! I looked forward to this everyweek! WTF!

7 Cowellian July 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Goodbye and best wishes. There will be many here whose lives will be absolutely and totally meaningless without being able to complain about your column every week.

8 So sad July 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Yes! I will not be subjected to reading this garbage anymore…. Though I’m sorry you must go it was rather entertaining….

9 Mac July 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I`ll miss the comments the most.

10 Russ Shackleford July 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I’ve had my share of negative and positive opinions of this column but I am sad to see it go. Even when it was on a topic I didn’t care for, I knew there would at least be hilarity to be had from the rage comments.

11 JM July 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I never cared for this column, no loss for me personally.

12 ANONONON July 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Please tell us that it is not the crass yahoos on this site that chased you away. They are just bitter nasty pond scum who have no manners, and have lousy taste.

Tell us that your life is just to busy and have a great new job that is going to take up all your time.

13 concord mom July 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Well thats too bad. I enjoyed reading your column! keep in touch on Claycord?

14 Dude July 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Love that this wasn’t announced until 2 pm on a Thursday.

15 jtkatec July 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I am going to miss those imaginary pies (on my part)!

Dang, you even inspired me to make one of them once.

See, all you bullies, what’s happened! All your small lives will now become smaller.

16 Bob Hope July 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for the memories ………………………….

17 criella July 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM

yippee – the comments were better than the column.

18 Menegene July 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Yah. Prob everyone’s negative ass comments. Who wants that when you are busy with life already, go to have a litte fun with this and she prob felt under fire most of the time.

19 debdvo July 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

This is the one weekly column I would click to read. I have yet to click the traffic or garden. More worrisome, at first glance I had thought it was the Mayor writing his exit from blogging. Whew! but happy houswifing to you, best of luck.

20 the real superman July 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

THANK GOD, IT’S LONG OVER DUE !!!!

21 5150 July 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Well that stinks. Yours was the only column on Claycord that I regularly looked forward to. I’m bummed!

22 anonomous July 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Sorry to see you go. Liked the relaxed style of you column and between you, mister writer and little mayors lack of new pictures I would have to say that Claycord is slipping up some. Dont worry Mayor you still rock but geeze … Ok I am done sorry to see you go sure lots of haters on here but its ok they are not happy people anyways.

23 bernadette July 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yes, debdvo, why read something intelligent and informative like garden and traffic, when you can read housewife’s dribble? Why don’t you apply for the job?

24 Cap'n Nick July 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Well now what will all the haters do on Thursday afternoons? There will be chaos in the streets!

I too hope that you are truly just busy and weren’t chased off by the jackals.

25 Blah Blah blah July 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM

see you too can make a difference, look all of us that said she was useless dribble did.

speak your minds people and don’t drink the koolaid at Foxnews, research the facts for yourself educated yourself be a free thinker. Liberal or Conservative you know there is no good choices only the choice of lesser evil which ever you chose.

26 The Real Housewife of Claycord July 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Thank you all for your comments and concerns. The negative comments did not run me of, if anything, they made me keep going. I didn’t really care about the negative comments. I had a lot of fun and the Mayor said if I ever have time and want to come back that I am more than welcome. I’m just so busy lately and I don’t feel like I have to time needed to write the column.

Talk to you all soon!

-The Real Housewife of Claycord xxoo

27 the real superman July 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Did not run me of,what does that mean real house clown.

28 Claycordiette July 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Wish you the best. Will miss your column very much.

29 Atticus Thraxx July 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I blame Obama.

30 Palermo July 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I’m not sure that it took that long to write this column, can’t imagine that it took more than 5-10 minutes, but what do I know. I’m guessing you have already run out of things to say. It’s certainly your choice to make though.

31 Prescott July 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM

How much time could writing your column possibly take? Seriously, if you took more than 10 minutes to string those words together, you should demand your money back from whatever institution gave you a diploma.

I must admit that I did look forward to your writing in the same way that I look forward to the early auditions on American Idol.

32 SAR July 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

@ Atticus Thraxx

now that’s funny! why not blame Obama, he seams to get blamed for everything else.

33 Cap'n Nick July 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

@the real superman, if you are going to attack someone for a typo you may want to attempt some proper punctuation in your post. Better luck next time.

34 Bigbone July 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM

its about damn time can I have your job now ;) good luck

35 Howard K Mullins III July 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM

While I was not one to comment often, I did enjoy reading your blog and I will miss you.

I trust that one day you will be able to return and delight those of us who love what you do for us.

36 Lindoda July 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

You did a really nice job. Loved your wit and sarcasm! Good luck with your busy-ness. I’ll miss your column.

37 Anon July 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I am so bummed right now. I just read that you are leaving. I hope you can come back when life is not so crazy. Even if Mayor needs a fill in for one of the other columists. That would be a nice surprise to log in and see your column there. Take care and best wishes to you and your family!

38 Renee July 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Awe, I enjoyed your columns every week, kinda sad to hear you’re going away but as a mom and wife, I get it totally. Good luck kid. Have a great summer.

39 anonk July 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I blame Atticus, an otherwise adequate person.

40 Pinky July 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Aww, I’m sad this column is ending. Your column was probably my favorite one each week. Best wishes and don’t be a stranger!

41 Shiloh July 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Sorry to see you go! I will really miss the real superman making an ass out of himself every week! Sometimes he was even funny

42 O Wow July 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Well there might just be a God after all!!!! My prayers have been answered
Praise The Lord!!!!!

43 Don P July 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Sorry you didn’t leave sooner.

44 anonstill July 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Sorry to see you go. Maybe you could just add a new pie recipe & tip on here once a week instead of the blog for a while.
I have a great Pear Pie recipe if anyone is interested.

45 Nonya Bizness July 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I’m really sad to see you go. I loved your tips and columns. I would love if you would just post randomly when you get a few tips together!!

46 Rum Runner July 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I vote for Olive Garden!!!

47 Anon July 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry to see you go Housewife. I liked the column.

Like the buttheads posting negative stuff, I too an not interested in some of the other stories posted on here but the difference is that I am mature enough to just not read those stories rather than post nasty things about it. I really wish there were some censoring here.

48 Jen July 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM

So she can’t even say farewell w/o some of you getting in a last dig?
For those of you that thought this was such a terrible column then you should have just skipped it. But instead you always made sure that you read it and continued to “troll” week after week with the comments. Whether it took her “5 or 10 minutes” to write this column, I wouldn’t want to devote that time either only to be attacked.

If we were all in the same room together it is probably safe to say many of you wouldn’t have the guts to actually say the things you type. But behind your computer screen you can bully anyone you want with a click of a mouse! How convenient that must be for you.

49 Cornsnake July 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM

SSSSSSSSEEEEEEE YA later ………. :-)

50 jtkatec July 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Anonstill, pear pie recipe, please. (As I have two trees).

51 bernadette July 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Sorry to say, Jen, but I would have had not problem telling the housewife to her face that her column “sucked”.

52 :-( July 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I’m sorry to see you go! This was the one article I looked forward to each week.

53 Mean people suck July 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

@Bernadette-
So you are brave (or rude enough) to tell her that in person? Then what? Would you pat yourself on the back afterward? Not everyone will like every column/ article. If you don’t like something then don’t continue to read it each week. It is that simple. People like you want to find the negative in everything and feel the need to pollute the comment areas of others who feel the opposite. Well you got your wish! Now you will have some extra time to troll on the other columns that don’t tickle your fancy.

54 Ms. Jean July 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Sorry to see you go, Real Housewife. I’ve enjoyed your insights. Happy pie baking!

55 anonstill July 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

@jtkatec
Pear Pie
In large bowl combine the following:
3 heaping cups pears (peeled and sliced)
1/2 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1 carton 16oz sour cream
2 T flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
dash nutmeg
pour into “baked” pie shell
bake @ 450 10-15 mins. then remove from oven and add crumble topping

Crumble topping
2/3 c flour
1/3c sugar
1/4 c butter
dash nutmeg
using a pastry blender or food processor mix until crumbly( pea size or smaller) Put crumble on top pie spreading to the edges of pie and continue baking until golden brown @350 25-30 mins.

This pie is great hot or cold. Refridgerate leftovers.