Vehicle Crashes into Baskins Robbins on Oak Grove Road in Concord

June 30, 2012 8:41 am · 12 comments

A vehicle crashed into Baskin Robbins in Concord on Saturday morning.

The crash occurred at about 8:25.

Two people were taken to the hospital.

The building received major damage, but no major injuries were reported.

1 NutCreek Frontier June 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Sorry to hear it, was going to score some ice cream today too :( Glad to hear all are ok

2 brinke June 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

For some reason, this area has proven to be rather hazardous.

3 What the what June 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Im sorry to hear this. Glad everyone is ok though. My Mom was hit by a car crashing through Crystal Nail Salon on Treat a few years ago, she died 8 months later. The driver of the car got confused with the gas and the brake. I can’t help but wonder if these kind of people drive with both feet. If these shop owners would put the round cement poles out front, it might just save their shop from damage, let alone someone’s life.

4 Concord Grape June 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM

32 flavors?

5 PacoTaco June 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

So can we get Ice Cream still?

6 david rosen June 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Wasn’t me in still in bed

7 Steve O'Brien June 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I wonder how long it will be closed. I . Has anyone noticed the downtown location is alot cheaper than this one. Last time a checked the downtown one was only charger $1.50 per scoop!

8 Larrabee June 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

brinke’s gotta point. I believe this is directly across the street from the Rosen-Nuri site.

9 MO June 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM

@What the what ….
I’m so sorry about your Mom….that was a terrible incident. I hope you and your family are okay….(never okay..I know)……….

I saw a woman angle park on Mt Diablo Street near that Beauty Salon (by the H & R Block)…a few years ago…she drove up over the curb and almost hit the front of the building. She finally got back into the parking space..got out and was so weird…wild eyed and in a strange variety of clothes…and (I swear) combat boots.
My Mom was in the beauty shop with my daughter…and there I was people watching again…nearly got rammed. At least I was in a rental car. Poor Enterpise, almost had to deal with a crunch.
My ex-Mother in Law…may she RIP…lived on Mintwood, and didn’t need to be driving anymore…I believe her neighbors and IHop lived in fear…one day she landed in the grassy median somewhere near home….she had Narcolepsy … I believe. And she was too old to have a driver’s license….we have to be able to realize when our parents or we ourselves have reached a point where we shouldn’t be behind the wheel.

10 nytemuvr June 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I used to work at the Luckys next door in 1972 and had a Mint Chocolate Chip milk shake there everyday at that “31 flavors”, still my favorite. Lot of scoopes though that store in 40+ years.

11 jophiel June 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

The driver drove just about all the way about a foot or two was out…BE was totaled very little damage to the drivers car…they had to shore the building…I think a support post was taken out…I can’t help but be angry when people make jokes or laugh at them…

12 J. Lilly June 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

So, are the going to charge the driver with attempted murder?