Reminder: Register for the Stars & Stripes 5k Run/Walk in Concord on July 4th

June 30, 2012 11:00 am · 8 comments

The 3rd Annual Stars & Stripes 5K Run/Walk is happening next month in Downtown Concord!

The race is on Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 at 8:30am in Todos Santos Plaza.

The race is benefiting the Monument Crisis Center of Concord & the Concord Police Association Community Fund that supports local youth, adult & senior programs, charities, athletics & fine arts organizations.

5K Entry Fee:

• Register On-line through Active.com thru July 1st, 2012 at 9pm. ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON SUNDAY AT 9PM! or in person at Fleet Feet Sports-Pleasant Hill Monday, July 2nd, 4pm-7pm or Roadrunner Sports-Concord Tuesday, July 3rd 10am-1pm.
  • $35.00 on Race Day

Kids Fun Run is FREE (Race Day Registration Only)

All registered 5K participants receive an event T-shirt (shirts not guaranteed after June 20th) a goody bag with a Brenden Theaters movie pass, a $5.00 gift certificate for downtown Concord merchants, snacks, samples and more!

Prize awards for Kids Fun Run top 3 finishers, top Male & Female 5K Finishers and medal awards to top 3 Male & Female finishers in 9 age divisions.

For more information on the 5k, please click on the flyer shown above!

1 AnonRunner June 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I want to sign up for the run, honestly though I want the shirt too! Does anyone know if there are still shirts?

2 Sean June 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I don’t kmow if shirts are still there, but the race is a lot of fun. I love running streets that I grew up using and that once a year I can run down the middle of them. Simple things for simple minds! Happy 4th of July!!!

3 911runnergirl June 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

There are still shirts for pre-registered people if you register on line by tomorrow at 9pm or in person at Fleet Feet on Monday 4pm-7pm or Roadrunner Sports, 10am-2pm. We may sell out this year too so don’t delay, we would love to have you join us for a great event!

4 911runnergirl June 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Sorry! For clarification, in person registration will be on Monday, July 2nd at Fleet Feet Sports in Pleasant Hill from 4pm-7pm and at Roadrunner Sports in Concord on Tuesday, July 3rd from 10am-2pm.

Save $$ and pre-register!

5 AnonRunner June 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Thanks 911runnergirl, I know the shirt thing is stupid :) but it’s my first 5k, doubt I can run the whole thing but as long as there are walkers I assume I won’t be last.. but wanted a shirt to show for my 1st time!

6 cerclayton June 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Looking forward to fun run!

7 Dragon June 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I walked 5K today in one go without collapsing, so I am IN :) So excited.

I’m a little curious about the course, though. They’ve changed it drastically this year.

I went to the website and then used Google Maps to plot the new course. I wanted to find out where the mile markers would be, just because I’m a bit nerdy like that, and Google Maps says that the course, as plotted, is 5.1 km – anyone know why they made it bigger?

8 Dragon June 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

AnonRunner – it’s not stupid at all. I was so excited to get my first shirt, too, two years ago!

And there is no chance you’ll be last, not if I’m walking it, that’s for sure :)