Girl Struck by Vehicle, Suspect Leaves Scene After Helping Treat Victim

June 30, 2012 16:00 pm · 127 comments

On Tuesday in Concord, a woman hit a girl with her vehicle, helped out for a while, then left the scene.

The mother of the victim is now trying to find the woman responsible.

Here’s the story….

Wondering if you could post this story to help me find a woman that ran over my 15-year-old daughter with her vehicle in Concord that consequently left her in need of medical attention.

It happened on Tuesday June 26, 2012 at 2;30pm 4635 Clayton Road in the Concord Cal Wok restaurant driveway.

She was an Asian woman about 5’6″ wearing bright pink nurse scrubs describing herself as a nurse driving a Silver Dodge Durango with big rims. She was leaving the restaurant and stuck my daughtter with her vehicle as she was riding her bike past the restaurant.

My daughters foot got crushed between the tire of the vehicle and her bicycle, which was destroyed as well. My daughter’s foot was punctured and bleeding. The woman got out of the vehicle and took my daughter into the bathroom of the Cal Wok and tried to treat her wound. She then wrote her phone number on a card and gave it to my daughter and took my daughter’s number and left the scene.

My daughter being in shock lost the card. The police were not called nor were any parents. There is a fire department two doors down as well which was not utilized. I ended up having to take my daughter to the ER that day to receive medical attention. Stitches, to stop the bleeding, x-rays and antibiotics. She needs to see a foot specialist at this time we are concerned that she has nerve tendon and ligament damage. She is an Athlete training to go to the summer Olympics in Water Polo. This may compromise that as well.

We were hoping the lady would call to check up on her so that we could get her insurance information being that we are stuck with the mounting medical bills. No call at this time. We have filed a police report and they are trying to find her. She frequents the Cal Wok restaurant and there were witnesses according to my daughter and her friend, another blond lady assisted and then left.

Good luck, we hope your daughter is ok.

If anybody has any information, please call the Concord Police or send a tip to news@claycord.com. All tips can be 100% anonymous.

101 chhristine July 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM

If someone had run over any part of my child at 15 and left them without contacting me, the police, fire dept, or an ambulance i would be hunting her down myself and she would be paying for her own hospital bills.

102 numbers July 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

@90 sorry i didnt pamper my children and taught them to use their brains and fend for themselves, you should be ashamed you think your kids are special and im sure your rugrats will have a terrible future. Congrats

103 Antler July 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

jtkatec-OT at #100 ~ ~ ~ “blogmaster” my invention?…..no, it just came out, so I’m sure I have heard or read it before…perhaps internet slang?

But I didn’t know what OT stands for, so I Googled it and now know it means “Off Topic”. We are educating one another!!!

104 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

@ beemerlover26 #82

“I was texting with them while they were in the ER”

You’re a freaking moron.

105 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

make that #92

and beamerlover26 is still a freaking moron.

106 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Would anyone care to join me in speculating whether or not the number on the card was a valid working number?

107 anon July 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Beemerlover, god what a stupid name, let’s see if you can understand this. ERs are at hospitals, it is a room where doctors are. They are not in the mother’s car. You really are dumb aren’t you?

108 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Wow guys seriously do you really buy this bull sh*t.

First off, this must be the most greedy mother I have heard of mother. She should be grateful that her daughter is still alive other than crying about how she will never make it to the Olympics which she most likely wasn’t going to anyway! If the woman was a nurse she got down from her car and the injurys probably didn’t look too serious and she went off cleaned and addressed the wound and was most likely in a hurry so she left and they exchanged phone numbers so she could contact her at a later date.

Secondly, I don’t buy that her daughter “lost” the phone number”. How convenient. I think this just one of those classic cases of greed. One Of a parent taking hold of a situation and wanting cash out of it. Those parents should be ashamed of themselves!

I also believe it was most likely the bikers fault in the accident in the first place. More than likely she was doing something illegal and that’s why the hesitated to call the police. I think this whole story is so those a-holes can get more money so they can use it on, uh I don’t know “training for the Olympics”?!

109 beemerlover26 July 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Be careful @seriously #108! You and I have the same ideas about this incident, some of the idiot bloggers have already accused me of being a friend or relative of the driver of the SUV. Neither of which is true BTW. You may be next! LOL :)
Why is it that the “mother” was so quick to ask for help, but hasn’t returned to share any updates, or even to defend herself?
I’d like to see a copy of the police report too, I mean, there is one right?

110 SD July 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Funny, how everyone is always quick to judge when they haven’t heard the other persons side of the story. Ever stop to think that their are two sides to A situation.That’s how rumors are started. For someone to leave a scene while treating an injury, apparently the injury wasn’t as severe . If their was a witness involved, don’t you think she obviously would of called 911, the paramedics at least. You guys should be ashamed. Do you always believe what you hear??? What has this world come to… So sad

111 Thomas Van Tuyl July 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Thank you to all the positive feedback after my daughter got hit by the silver Durango LOTS OF LOVE to those who care.
As for all the BALL- LESS B—-S hiding behind your computers talking
s–t We should meet so I can tell you to your faces ” F— OFF”.
Thomas Van Tuyl. The father.

112 @Thomas July 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Why don’t you send some pics of the injuries and bike to be posted here and shut everyone up?

I’m sure you have some for the lawsuit.

113 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

^Cool Story Bro. Skip to the chapter where I care, but in your case close the book.

114 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Oh and I’m behind an iPod touch @ Thomas

115 Mother's Side July 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

How is it the victims fault! Its the drivers. She should pay the medical bills and most likely because she gave the daughter her phone number she will.

116 Shiloh July 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Didn’t someone say that the daughter had some super amazing, classy parents? Hmm. .

117 Kirk July 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Shiloh if my wife was injured and a POS started talking trash about it like I wanted it to happen or was hoping to make money out of it you could be pretty sure I would beat them to death with a tire iron. FU

118 beemerlover26 July 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM

pics or it didn’t happen!

119 frambley1 July 3, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I am still amazed at the crap that spews from some of you trolls on here. I’m completely disgusted. Hope everything works out Tom.

120 @ frambley1 July 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM

And we’re amazed that some of you believe everything you read. So I guess it’s fair.

121 kristin graham July 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hey yall

I am the girls sister-in-law, I live in GA, but I just wanted to say, that I think we should cut the family a little slack, and have a little sympathy on the comments I mean down here in the south in these situations if u don’t have nothing nice to say just don’t say nothing at all. All the family is asking for is if yall know the driver or the vehicle description it would be helpful if yall could help them out. Who cares if the article is accurate in ur opinion or not, or if u feel like they are may or may not get a law suite. I personally don’t know or care, and honestly think everyone missed the point of the article. Thanks in advance yall!!!!

122 Suzanne July 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hey Tom…you need to look at these comments and take them for what they are. When Claycod posted Rick’s bike accident 2 years ago, the same thing happened. I would’nt even allow the girls to read the garbage they wrote. Most likely the same people. They have NO life, hide behind names like “serously and beemerlover”.
I think Claycord is a great place to read/share stories that relate to our area and Im sure K was correct in asking for help, however, I think the site has become a place for shut in’s to troll and have a “stage” to bring their unsensored, uneducated wisdom for others to marval at their talent. ( I think no one else will listen to them )Instead of being a part of a solution, they thrive on being part of the problem…let their ignorance shine!

and BTW, you all can comment all you want about me, my name is SUZANNE, I know these people, I have seen the childs ankle, she IS an extremly talented athlete with olympic possibilties, she was not on drugs. She is one of the most well rounded positive young woman I have ever met. She was hit by a car, and was injured. Does anyone have any information concerning these facts? Yes, then please contact the above number. No, then for the love of god, shut the f up!

123 Karen July 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Thank you to all who truly know us and “What” this article is” Really” about. Also to all of the positive people who have posted there support. No one has come forward to date.

124 Anon July 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Mounting medial bills? An olympic hopeful but no health insurance?

125 anonamiss July 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Where does it state that this lady plans to sue? Or is looking for a payout??
If it were your child you would expect the person who injured your child to at least be the adult in the situation, call the police and make a police report and stick around. If all the mother wants is the medical bills taken care of, I think that is reasonable. So many here quick to judge…….

126 Don't Censor Me Bro July 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Driver did NOT follow current CA law…

C Section 20003 Duty Upon Injury or Death

Duty Upon Injury or Death

20003. (a) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person shall also give his or her name, current residence address, the names and current residence addresses of any occupant of the driver’s vehicle injured in the accident, the registration number of the vehicle he or she is driving, and the name and current residence address of the owner to the person struck or the driver or occupants of any vehicle collided with, and shall give the information to any traffic or police officer at the scene of the accident. The driver also shall render to any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including transporting, or making arrangements for transporting, any injured person to a physician, surgeon, or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary or if that transportation is requested by any injured person.

(b) Any driver or injured occupant of a driver’s vehicle subject to the provisions of subdivision (a) shall also, upon being requested, exhibit his or her driver’s license, if available, or, in the case of an injured occupant, any other available identification, to the person struck or to the driver or occupants of any vehicle collided with, and to any traffic or police officer at the scene of the accident.

127 Thomas Van Tuyl July 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM