Girl Struck by Vehicle, Suspect Leaves Scene After Helping Treat Victim

June 30, 2012 16:00 pm · 126 comments

On Tuesday in Concord, a woman hit a girl with her vehicle, helped out for a while, then left the scene.

The mother of the victim is now trying to find the woman responsible.

Here’s the story….

Wondering if you could post this story to help me find a woman that ran over my 15-year-old daughter with her vehicle in Concord that consequently left her in need of medical attention.

It happened on Tuesday June 26, 2012 at 2;30pm 4635 Clayton Road in the Concord Cal Wok restaurant driveway.

She was an Asian woman about 5’6″ wearing bright pink nurse scrubs describing herself as a nurse driving a Silver Dodge Durango with big rims. She was leaving the restaurant and stuck my daughtter with her vehicle as she was riding her bike past the restaurant.

My daughters foot got crushed between the tire of the vehicle and her bicycle, which was destroyed as well. My daughter’s foot was punctured and bleeding. The woman got out of the vehicle and took my daughter into the bathroom of the Cal Wok and tried to treat her wound. She then wrote her phone number on a card and gave it to my daughter and took my daughter’s number and left the scene.

My daughter being in shock lost the card. The police were not called nor were any parents. There is a fire department two doors down as well which was not utilized. I ended up having to take my daughter to the ER that day to receive medical attention. Stitches, to stop the bleeding, x-rays and antibiotics. She needs to see a foot specialist at this time we are concerned that she has nerve tendon and ligament damage. She is an Athlete training to go to the summer Olympics in Water Polo. This may compromise that as well.

We were hoping the lady would call to check up on her so that we could get her insurance information being that we are stuck with the mounting medical bills. No call at this time. We have filed a police report and they are trying to find her. She frequents the Cal Wok restaurant and there were witnesses according to my daughter and her friend, another blond lady assisted and then left.

Good luck, we hope your daughter is ok.

If anybody has any information, please call the Concord Police or send a tip to news@claycord.com. All tips can be 100% anonymous.

1 Sad June 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Sad, very sad. However, this sounds like it would be very easy to figure out. Silver Dodge Durango? Asian lady in medical scrubs? Cal Wok? Payment by credit card? Familiar customers? I’m sure the Cal Wok restaurant personnel would know most of their customers.

I hope Claycord gives us an update on this one. My only guess is that the lady in the bright pink scrubs was out of her own mind at the time. Gee.

2 beemerlover26 June 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I find it interesting that financial responsibility is the main point of this letter! Not once did you mention how grateful you are that your daughter SURVIVED, with only MINOR injuries! With all the fatality auto/bike accidents we hear about every day, you should be counting your lucky stars this ended as well as it did! I sincerely hope that you are a better parent than you appear to be.

3 Howard K Mullins III June 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I hope that when the driver is found that she is never allowed to drive again. I also hope she is made to pay all of the damages.

I wonder what why she left the injured girl? Police and ambulance should have been called. Was the driver afraid of being arrested or on her way to something she deemed more important?

It will be interesting when we find out why the driver left an injured girl like that. If the drive is a nurse, she should not be.

4 Robles June 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I’m very sorry to hear about your daughter. Have you checked with the restaurant, they may have security cameras?

5 NRA #1 fan and member June 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Always call the police when there is an injury or even if there is no injury call the police anyways, make their lazy asses drop that donut to come and make a report. Isn’t that what we pay taxes for?

6 Law office of John Burris June 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

You need to contact my office when you find this lady and I will make sure you and your daughter gets compensated

7 elvira June 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Gee, I wonder if it was possible that the girl was riding her bike on the sidewalk coming from the opposite direction from where the driver was looking?

There is more to this story, and I’ll bet the bike rider will be more at fault than the driver.

8 J June 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM

9 Babs June 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM

CalWok…should be more helpful, I agree with first comment…have the police been notified now?

10 DouchebagBeemerlover26 June 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

One would ASSUME that OF COURSE they are grateful that their daughter is Alive, However, if they’re broke and the SUV driver has insurance……..
That’s what you pay insurance for. *SIGH*

11 anon June 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Odd that no one called 911, but it does not sound as if this woman completely shirked her responsibility. Hope you find her though.

12 Is Your name Sue? June 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Seriously? She can’t swim wirth a cut on her foot?

13 Kevin June 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

@beemerlover26, that’s, like, you know, the whole point of the letter.

14 MIss Ranchogirl June 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM

sounds like the woman is already convicted.

15 anon June 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Olympics?

16 Johnny Law(yer) June 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Your daughter is not going to the Olympics in water polo… unless you consider the Jr. Olympics the “summer Olympics”. If this story is true, I believe your daughter shares a lot of the fault. I suspect the only reason you want this woman’s number is to see of you can squeeze some money out of her.
She stopped, helped your daughter, and she gave your daughter her number what else do you want her to do? I hope you aren’t able to track her down.

17 Anonamomma June 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM

WOW@ #2. Before you fired off your comment did you even consider that perhaps these parents don’t have health insurance? Besides that, it’s Saturday and the emergency room is the only option. Even if you have health insurance, the ER is STILL a costly proposition! I think you are callous.
Never leave the scene of an accident, especially when injuries are involved. If that lady had some common sense or integrity she would have called the kids parents, at the very least.

18 Inspector gadget June 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Shake it off. Buff it out move on.

19 J June 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

@ beenerlover26

I totally agree with you not once did she mention that. The mother is more concerned with a big big pay day and lawsuit. I bet the girl on the bike was the one at fault. Sounds a bit excessive for just a foot injury but that’s how the ER is they make it seem more than what it really is.

20 Anonamomma June 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Oops, sorry just realized this happened Tuesday. However, this doesn’t in anyway change my opinion

21 TG from Clayton June 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM

@ elvira

Cars need to look both ways no matter if the road is divided. Pedestrians are allowed to walk either direction of the sidewalk and she just as easily could have hit a person walking too. This lady more than likely didn’t look where she was going because she was in a hurry – hence the reason she left. It doesn’t seem like she intended to “hit and run” but just wasn’t aware of the extent of the injury. Yes she should have stayed but I believe she will come forward or cooperate when contacted.

22 City Girl June 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Elvira #7 – My first thought, too. Was the cyclist riding illegally on the sidewalk? In any event, the driver should have remained at the scene until help or the child’s parents arrived.

Beemerlover26 #2 – Please tell me you are kidding!!!!!!! These days the doctors and hospitals ask for money up front while still in the ER. Of course, the person who caused the accident should be held accountable, financially and otherwise! Many people are not prepared to suddenly have to come up with hundreds or thousands of unexpected medical bills.
Bozo!!!!!!

23 Rob June 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

beemerlover26 June 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

=======================

Why do people have to proclaim that they are grateful that their loved one SURVIVED. Isn’t that a given? I really don’t think anyone has to state that.

Regarding the financial responsibility – that is the main concern since the love done obviously survived.

I find it amazing that because someone doesn’t write the words you deem necessary you find a need to attack the type parent they may or may not be.

I noticed in your posting that you did not proclaim any thanks for your child or other loved ones not dying today – what is wrong with you? Don’t you care about them and I sure hope that you are better parent then you appear to be…

24 Lime Ridge June 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Sec. 106-504. Riding on sidewalks.

It shall be unlawful for any person to ride or operate any bicycle with the wheel size in excess of 20 inches on any sidewalk in front of stores, schools, or buildings used for business purposes.

25 morock boslama June 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

the statement made by the parent of the victim sounds like BS, I have read thousands of statements and police reports this statement is a farce

26 get out of here June 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Your daughter is training for the summer olympics for water polo? NEWFLASH: the team has been chosen. Why is that even a concern? You should be worried about your daughter’s health, not her athletic career. You need to seek some help..

Your main concern is money. You’re disgusting.

Your daughter could not have been in that much pain considering she made it to the bathroom. I mean come on I don’t think this lady carried your daughter unnoticed. Once again some ignorant parent will be pocketing big time off an accident. Yes this lady has done wrong by not contacting you, I will not deny that. But your “mounting” medical bills seem to be the only concern of this message which is a disgrace.

27 Regardless of who is at fault... June 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

NOBODY should leave an injured 15 year old child to fend for themselves. This Asian nurse needs to be apprehended, made to take the appropriate responsibility, and then discuss the matter with the State Nursing Board. According to some of you, the child’s parents should be thanking the nurse for not killing her.

28 JRConcord June 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM

OMG O How fast the trolls appear. Like sharks to a cute little baby seal.

29 TinFoiler June 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Holy Hell! You people are cruel.
A.) There’s no f’kin bike lane on that stretch of Clayton rd and the sidewalk is Extra wide, so I would assume a child on a bike on the sidewalk would be allowable – If CPD has an issue with that, Maybe they need to visit Todo Santos and all the Skate boarders.

B.) It’s not like the bicyclist was crossing the street, the vehicle was crossing the Side walk – Get it side WALK = Pedestrians.

C.) It’s time to transfer some of those High fines from DUI goldmines to TEXTING and CELL pre-occupied users, I’m sick of every Zombie driver driving around with their Heads down. DRIVE FOOLS!!!!

30 Ron Sauce June 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM

As obvious as it is that the mother is bolstering her backstory for a larger settlement, with a slimeball at 6 happy to oblige, it should be noted that overly large American vehicles have had a bad track record of running people over. Pretty sure we should be done with them.

31 anonamess June 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Likely the child said they didn’t need to call an ambulance, she was fine. It doesn’t seem like a hit and run to me, seeing as the woman who identified herself as a nurse… pulled over and assessed the situation. The woman was probably late for work, so she exchanged phone numbers and went on her way. How convenient that the phone number was lost.

Sounds like someone here wants money for more than just medical bills… “my daughter was going to go to the olympics for water polo” and now she might never swim again!

32 Inez June 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

It is so comforting to see how heartless people are these days! Thank you for all the comments and putting in your two worthless cents. Apparently the injury of a young girl, who is a family member, has no effect since GOD FORBID she was on sidewalk. And I suggest learning the proper definition between “cut” and “crushed”.

33 Elwood June 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

“Sounds like the woman did the right thing by treating her at the scene and leaving her phone number. Not her fault the little girl lost the card with the number.”

It’s called leaving the scene of an accident, you flipping idiot troll!

34 Elwood June 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I can’t believe the number of idiots posting on here who blame the girl or her parents but not the woman who hit her and left the scene.

35 Shiloh June 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

A 15 yr old is hardly a child. Mom definitely sounds like she’s hoping for a big old payout

36 anon June 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

15 year old without a cell phone? Seems unlikely nowadays. I know that at 15 if I was hurt my FIRST instinct would be to get my mom. At 15 she has enough of her own common sense to request her parents be called, especially if she wasn’t sure if it was the type of situation that would require medical or police involvement. Something seems fishy with the story.

37 Driveway June 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Doesn’t Cal Wok share a driveway with El Tapatio?? I’d check receipts of the Mexican restaurant as well ….

38 S.F City Girl June 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Beemerlover26- With a response like that, it sounds like YOU could be the driver, & if not well then you’re just sad… Good luck to the parent’s & child in this matter.

39 elvira June 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

To TG from Clayton – did you not read that the girl was riding a bike, and was not a pedestrian? I would be willing to bet that she was going against traffic on the sidewalk and crossed in front of the driver without stopping to see if the driveway was clear. It happens all the time, especially with kids not paying attention.

40 WC resident June 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

That is a rather strange story. A child’s foot gets run over with the skin punctured and bleeding. The driver takes the child into the bathroom and apparently leaves her there and presumably the “destroyed” bicycle on the sidewalk. The child is claimed to be in shock. The restaurant employees apparently never notice and never got involved. Apparently there are no adult witnesses to any of this. Emergency services were never called despite a bleeding victim who is in shock, her bicycle destroyed on the sidewalk, etc.

41 TomKat June 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

We were taught not to be a Snitchy Samson or a Debbie Downer. But claycord is the place to come for bad news and info

42 Antler June 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Since the driver identified herself as a nurse, ask police to request local hospitals, short term/long term facilities, and assisted living facilities (Montecito Senior Living facility is very near by) to supply lists and pictures of all female employees due to report for shift duty shortly after the time of the accident.

Also, remember that the accused driver might not be a Claycord reader, so she STILL might not know the extent of the bicyclist’s injuries. She knows she left her contact information…..that part was good……and she might just be floating on the knowledge that the injured person will call her if necessary. But BY LAW she is required to report to DMV and police any injury she causes while driving her car, isn’t she?

But the “bicycle crushed as well”…… would there not have been other injuries in such an accident? Let’s just say that somehow the daughter’s/mother’s statement is not ringing exactly true. Also, I do question the mother’s comment, “..She was leaving the restaurant and…” I believe the only known fact is that the driver was “leaving the PARKING LOT”! (There are two restaurants flanking the parking lot exit there.) Also, that parking lot is frequently used as a zip-through short cut between the side street (Rishell Drive) and Clayton Road; so police might want to ask some questions of those who reside on Rishell Drive and Rishell Court.

I hope the girl’s injuries heal quickly.

43 TinFoiler June 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Uh #40, It’s a Driveway / Sidewalk “intersection” not the Street. Both parties are responsible for looking out for each other.
Great. Now do we have to put crosswalk lights and markings on every driveway???

44 Vindex June 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

26. Get out of here
I agree completely with you

45 anon June 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

How did the girl get home with her crushed foot and bike? What was the daughter’s friend doing during this whole situation? Never occurred to them to call the police or a parent or go to the fire department and request help? Something isn’t adding up with this story. Cal Wok didn’t say anything about a bleeding girl strolling through their restaurant?

46 Poollady June 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Trolls. Everyone is a detective aren’t they? Bottom line is if you hit someone on their bike…even at slow speed you need to call PD and cover your butt and the victims health. It was a post seeking additional information not a post seeking an analysis on what happened and how everyone did something wrong.

47 doesn't sound right June 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

The mom stated at the end that her daughter’s friend was there, how come she didn’t go to the Fire house that was 2 doors down. And what about the blonde lady? She left also. Sounds like it wasn’t as bad as you make it sound.

48 jtkatec June 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I call Hollywood

49 J June 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

@ Elwood
Read exactly what the mother wrote. Doesn’t sound true does it? She’s more worried about a pay day than her own child….. Please stop swinging off my nutz.

50 J June 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Training for the Olympics really?? Never swim again really!?! Bike crushed? Hard to believe after those kinds of statements. $$$$$$$$$$ hungry.

51 anon June 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Maybe mommy was hoping the community would rally behind her and her daughter and start a fund to help “pay the bills”??

52 BABYJEWEL June 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Are you people for real? this is a 15 yr old child and to sit there and talk about how “you hope they don’t find the driver” and” how the child was probably at fault” is just WRONG!!. there is for no reason in this world that a driver who hits anyone but especially a child should EVER leave the scene before the police AND the parents have been contacted and are there.WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING ? EVERY SINGLE one of you people who has kids knows dam well that you would be mad and wanting to find the driver if it was YOUR CHILD

53 CONTON June 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Mom’s story definitely sounds like she’s trying to lay groundwork for a lawsuit. My guess is that she’s already contacted a lawyer.

If you want to find the car, start driving through the employee parking lots of all the local medical facilities. Chances are, you’ll see it.

And the last thing, it’s quite common for both parties in an accident to exchange information and be on their way. If people were NEVER allowed to leave the scene of an accident (as some have stated), there would be an awful lot of people standing out on the freeway for eternity.

54 dog lover June 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Don’t trust this mom. This case should be easy to solve. NO PAY
DAY HERE

55 NRA #1 fan and member June 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Tough crowd here tonight. Lets just ALL AGREE and blame the VICTIM.

We here blame the victim and not the lady with the big rims

56 WC resident June 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Considering the claim “She is an Athlete training to go to the summer Olympics in Water Polo” I took a look at the current team. Their ages range from 19 to 34. This 15 year old must be hoping to get on a team four or years from now.

Among the juniors there are no current national class water polo athletes from Clayton, Concord or Walnut Creek. Melissa Seidemann is from Walnut Creek but she’s 22 and already on team for the 2012 Olympics.

57 Double Standards.... June 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I wonder what all your comments would be if David Rosen was the driver!!!

Of course the police should have been called, it was a pedestrian vs. vehicle! And she is a minor…15, 16, 17…she is not an adult so you don’t leave a victim child alone to deal with it herself. What is wrong with you people! You are gung Ho about David Rosen getting what he deserves but this woman can do as she please after her vehicle struck a child on a bike?

58 CLAYCORD.com June 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Nobody said she was training to go to the Olympics THIS year.

59 beemerlover26 June 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I’m so happy that most of you aren’t blinded by the nearly unbelievable story! The mother is clearly looking for a big payday. I’m predicting a car wash in the near future to benefit the “victim” Anyone else with me?

60 Wooz June 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The driver should have reported this accident to her insurance company and let the insurance company decide who is at fault. Since the driver took the number of victim, and nobody called to date………..guess what? The driver did NOT report this loss to her insurance company. So the driver……..if you are reading this, report this to your insurance company even if you don’t feel you are at fault!

61 Dem Babies June 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

What kind of parent would let their kid bike on that crazy road?

62 BABYJEWEL June 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

ya it is common for people to exchange info and be on their way, but that is when it is vehicle vs vehicle(with out injury) not vehicle vs human(with injury). especially involving a child. yes a 15 yr old is still a child.so for all you twisted people who want to ASSUME they just want money, maybe that’s because that is what you would do! Maybe they should be paid and also the lady should be put in jail because if this was my child i would be pushing for criminal charges to be filed for sure

63 Appalled June 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Thank you to the commenters who left kinds words of support and understanding. I only hope, for the Mother, they outweigh the nasty ones left by clearly, very bitter people. She is just asking for some help.

To those that think the Mother is looking for some kind of pay out or pay day – the famlily just needs the medical bills paid.

64 Driver is in Big Trouble June 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

By law, you are required to report an accident to the DMV, by way of an SR-1, whenever there is an injury, No Matter How Minor the Injury! This is something everyone with a driver license should know! Certainly a 15 yr old who is not a lucensed driver would be expected to know this but the wonan driver should have. Time to break out the DMV driver handbooks people…i’m sure there are a lot of people who think they know it all but they don’t!
From DMV:
“If you are involved in a vehicle accident that occurred in California, you must report it to DMV if:
There was property damage of more than $750 or
Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or
Anyone was killed.”

Here’s the DMV link:

65 anonymous July 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM

The stupidity on claycord is overwhelming tonight (and many other days as well). What ignorant, heartless people some of you are.

66 Must report any injury accident to police! July 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM

It is also California State Law to report to the police any accident that causes injury. The police should have been called because they must investigate such accidents. Judging by the responses here, many Claycord drivers should be taken off the road immediately for their safety and the safety of others!

67 numbers July 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM

i have to say if your daughter was going to be an athlete representing the U.S. they would have insured the s*it out of that kid. this person is clearly looking to file a lawsuit for monetary value. this person obviously made it home with no problem and i will have to assume that this person who actually stopped helped treat the wound and left, deemed it fit that the person was in good enough condition to continue on their way. your mounting medical bills are due to the fact that you couldn’t accept stitches and some antibiotics as the end of it your pushing it to physical therapy and so on. you should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to ween public concern to pad your wallet. were not idiots, you are.

68 Sean O. Wilson July 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM

This whole thread is pathetic. Advise. Stop
Discussing this in an open forum. For all you haters
On this thread **** off. I saw this girls foot. It’s ****** up
Maybe people should pull their head out their a*s and understand
That there is unfinished buisnessss that needs to be
Dealt with. These people have no idea what their talking about. The lack of compassion for this girl is sickning. It never fails, people talk without
Any understanding of the situation. This situation/accident was botched
From the beginning. Any reasonable person would have called for medical attention. Bottom line, the girl needs to be taken care of. Never seen
Seen so many Monday morning quarterbacks with no clue on the chain of events. This will be handled. I can guarantee that.

69 numbers July 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM

@53 im a father of 3 and if any one of my kids rode their bike into a place stupid enough to get hit by a car well to bad stupid look around, pedestrians are at fault more then drivers usually seeing as how cyclist and the like decide riding in the middle of the street is a safe choice….2000lb car vs person on a bike…use your brains people. but then again we could give out a few more darwin awards

70 numbers July 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM

@anon i may not agree with you on many political fronts but this one im right there with you buddy.

71 numbers July 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM

@Sean, if she was expecting compassion they probably shouldn’t have posted something on the internet.

72 @numbers July 1, 2012 at 12:43 AM

No matter your opinion or anyone else’s, the law is the law and any injury accident means you are REQUIRED to make a report with the police and a report with the DMV. TWO different reports. Instead this lady played doctor and skipped out on a vulnerable young lady. So your opinion really doesn’t matter to the law.

73 Wow July 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM

@sean.
It’s crazy how many people putting down the girl and mom not knowing the facts. The Mom only reached out to clay cord hoping to get help. 15 year old girl is scared and doesn’t know the proper steps. Driver in a rush leaves info hoping that would be enough since in a hurry. Obviously knew there was enough there wrong that they shouldn’t leave with no info. Girl scared loses the info, it happens.

No one said they were training for this Olympics a lot of hopeful start up to a decade plus in advance. No one hear knows the damage to her foot so don’t act like its nothing.

Riding on the sidewalk is not completely illegal in Concord. Most kids are allowed since tires not 20″

Sec. 106-504. Riding on sidewalks.

And no not every 15 year old has a cell phone or what to do in that situation. People saying why did no one else help or do anything. No one here was there, so can say who may have tried or thought it was already being taken care of as they did see the woman tending to her.

74 numbers July 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM

@74 OBJECTION the mother said she was training for the Olympics.

75 AoD July 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

I could bet money that the driver was only paying attention to oncoming traffic, and didn’t even bother to look the other way before pulling out. This happens all the time, and I have seen pedestrians get hit as a result. Not trying to troll, but something does sound way too fishy. There’s more to this story than is being told.

76 J July 1, 2012 at 5:57 AM

@ Sean O. Wilson

You must be related to girl and money hungry mother. $$$$$$$

77 Antler July 1, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Everyone, please remember that the Claycord blogsite is a “full service facility”!!! We commenters promise you to give our gut reactions and also our cognitive “best shots”! Sympathy might or might not follow.

We all know that Mayor is entitled to give us a story which MIGHT BE factual down to the last detail….. facts of current events tend to trickle in little by little, just the nature of reporting. As a blogmaster, Mayor’s responsibility is not necessarily to vet incoming stories with CPD (for instance, to see whether they have finally been contacted by either the driver or the girl’s parents) or with the ERs (to see whether they did treat a patient with a foot injury…….and ONLY a foot injury…..when the mother states that the bicycle was “crushed”).

Some of us have the uber-creepy sensation that this particular story wafted from a place such as the cutting room floor over at The Real Housewife! That makes us skeptics, not evil trolls. No one has expressed joy about a young person being hurt. We just would like to know whether this injury really happened AS DESCRIBED before we go oozing our extremely valuable sympathetic emotions.

78 CK July 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I am having a really hard time trying to figure out why it did not occur to the driver, the girl, the girl’s friend, the blonde lady, or any of the restaurant employees to call the girls’s parents. Whether it was a minor or serious injury, it’s ony common sense. I’m sure there is more to the story (the truth is usually somewhere in the middle) and without first-hand knowledge, we should not judge.

79 Cruella July 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM

My thoughts and prayers to the injured girl for a speedy and full recovery.

80 JRConcord July 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM

O so many big mouths with such little brains.. to all of you trolls that say this about money, it is. These same trolls constantly write about personal responsiblity, yet they want to let a driver that is at least 50% responisible drive away, and then not only blame the victim, but mock her and her mother as well. mmmmm you have brains use them .. who cares if shes training for anything like water polo or underwater basket weaving she was hit by a car. The driver has responsibilities set forth by law, if she took care of them on scene this would not be posted here.

81 Lime Ridge July 1, 2012 at 8:01 AM

It’s convenient that all of this happened last Tuesday and it wasn’t reported on Claycord until now – so it is too late to do a drug test on the bicyclist that was illegally riding on the sidewalk.

82 Anonateach July 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I had this 15 year old girl as one of my students 4 years ago. This mother and her husband are 2 of the most loving, caring, and supportive parents I have met in my 13 years of working in education. I was texting with them while they were in the ER to ensure they didn’t need anything and their only concern was their daughter and her welfare. They are not only great parents to their daughter but they give themselves to the all the children that come through their home. They have incredibly generous hearts and reach out to help others whenever they can.

This 15-year old girl is extremely talented in water polo and is training to go to the olympics – someday… Her mother did not say this year.

The mother waited several days to send this plea out to the Claycord Community. She gave the lady a chance to call and check on this young lady. Please stop attacking this mother or this young lady. They are a good family. A young lady was hit by a car. Her and her family should not be the ones under attack.

83 Lee White July 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM

In this country, our court system uses the doctrine of comparative negligence rather than contributory negligence. Under the latter doctrine, if one contributed to his injury in any way, he cannot recover a penny. Under the doctrine of comparative negligence, there is a damage award amount set and a percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff and defendant. Let’s say damages are $100,000. If the jury finds the bike rider was 25 percent at fault, she would recover $75,000 in damages.

It is likely that the driver is at least somewhat liable in this case because she hit the girl on the bicycle in the first place. I have had some close calls myself. We all need to be reminded to check the sidewalks and crosswalks before making turns especially on streets like Clayton and Monument where there is a lot of bicycle traffic.

I hope this woman does the right thing and turns herself in. If she doesn’t and the police have to track her down, I’ll make sure that the state board of nursing gets a copy of all this information. Not only did she leave the scene of an accident, she abandoned a patient without turning her over to another provider such as firefighters and paramedics.

84 Sdsrer July 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

The driver gave out her contact info. The kid got stiches. No broken bones. Seeing a podiatrist for POSSIBLE tendon damage. Sounds like minor injuries.

85 MO July 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I agree with whomever it was up there who suggested this should not be discussed in a public forum…not yet anyway. We actually have learned little about the police investigation.

It appears to me, that just a small handful of trolls are here with the complaints about the mother and daughter and the driver of the car. It also ‘sounds’ like some of these posts are from the same person, with different nicknames.

If this is in reality how the incident was handled, everyone involved is a bit strange, and very stupid. The driver should have not left til the police arrived…no matter what her schedule was…at that moment it changed. This was not the type of car accident/incident where you exchange names and go on. There was bodily injury.

If that REALLY is a letter from the Mother of the child involved, it was written by someone who is hysterical and hasn’t had a chance to look at this whole incident rationally and make proper investigation, if this too is part of the cut back by the Concord PD. If the PD still handles hit and run, or car vs pedestrian accidents..then nothing should be said at all til the investigation is near completion. You or they or we could be hurting our chances of a good legal outcome.

Remember never show your hand in a legal battle…and don’t write a letter to everyone on the internet…..let the Police inquire.

This is a very strange set of circumstances….makes rational people wonder what really happened here…did someone say there are ”other” witnesses?

86 It's a mad world July 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM

@ Lime Ridge _ so then the people Rosen killed are at fault too?

@ (most of) you sick #@%&’s _ what if this was your child??

87 Some Guy July 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

@Cruella
My thoughts and prayers to the injured girl for a speedy and full recovery.

Epic Win!

88 Driver left scene of an accident! July 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I remember hearing a story on the news last week about police searching for a woman who hit a child, stopped temporarily to render aid, and then left the scene without contacting police. Is this the same story?

MAYOR, can you confirm this?

89 Numbers0 July 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM

At ‘numbers’ #70 – You’re 53 and a father of 3? Just proves that age is just a number and has Nothing to do with maturity. You should have had enough time to grow up MORON.

90 frambley1 July 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Holy crap! I can’t believe the stuff you people are writing. The assumptions you’re making are outrageous. Where you get these horrible ideas about others probably says more about you than about the people involved.

I don’t see anywhere in her statement that would make me believe she wants anything more than to have her daughter taken care of medically and not have to go into bankruptcy doing it.

91 beemerlover26 July 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

@ Anonateach #83…..

Was the mother driving when you were texting her? It would have been horrible if she had hit a teenager on a bicycle riding on the sidewalk!

92 DouchebagBeemerlover26 July 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM

#92, Wow. Definitely representin’ all the bmw tools.

93 fools rush in..... July 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM

It appears beemerlover26 and the others in his/her company are friends and relatives of this driver as they are promoting a smear campaign against the victim. Can’t wait for this all to come to the light!!!!

Justice will prevail! Or at least Karma! Mu ha ha ha ha…….

94 Suzanne July 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

WOW!!!! First of all, why dont any of you use your NAMES!!!!!
You just come to this site and spill your foul mouths about something you have no knowledge about. You read a letter from a mother looking for a woman who HIT HER DAUGHTER with a CAR.
After reading your comments, Im sick! FORGET THE LETTER…how many people would RUN OVER a child (yes folks, 15 is a CHILD) wash off her blood and LEAVE…number on a card or not……You people really need to think about what the hell comes out of your mouth (or keyboard) BEFORE…oh wait…….none of you use your own name here so you are not accountable…maybe claycord should post these happenings and NOT let readers comment….

95 Anon2 July 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

@beemerlover26 #92
The mother was in the ER so it’s pretty obvious she wasn’t driving when Anonateach#83 texted her. Read before you post. Sheesh!

96 nurse rachitt July 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Bikes and Motorcycles are accidents waiting to happen. Parents wake up.

97 Sounds kinda fishy July 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Wow, stitches. Must be pretty serious. Honestly how fast could she been going if it was on the driveway that leads to the road? This story doesn’t seem too devastating to plea for help. Tell your 15 year old to suck it up.

98 JUSTHEFACTS July 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM

The woman left the scene of an injury accident where a juvenile was injured. A righteous law abiding citizen would have called the parents/police.
My insurance company would drop me if I had done what this driver did after the accident.
I don’t understand people that are posting negative comments on this victim. A drug test on the juvenile? really?

99 jtkatec - OT July 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Antler, “blogmaster”, heck of a word. Love it. Never heard it before, so did you invent it.

Now I will never be able to visualize the mayor without a whip.

100 chhristine July 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM

If someone had run over any part of my child at 15 and left them without contacting me, the police, fire dept, or an ambulance i would be hunting her down myself and she would be paying for her own hospital bills.

101 numbers July 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

@90 sorry i didnt pamper my children and taught them to use their brains and fend for themselves, you should be ashamed you think your kids are special and im sure your rugrats will have a terrible future. Congrats

102 Antler July 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

jtkatec-OT at #100 ~ ~ ~ “blogmaster” my invention?…..no, it just came out, so I’m sure I have heard or read it before…perhaps internet slang?

But I didn’t know what OT stands for, so I Googled it and now know it means “Off Topic”. We are educating one another!!!

103 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

@ beemerlover26 #82

“I was texting with them while they were in the ER”

You’re a freaking moron.

104 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

make that #92

and beamerlover26 is still a freaking moron.

105 Elwood July 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Would anyone care to join me in speculating whether or not the number on the card was a valid working number?

106 anon July 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Beemerlover, god what a stupid name, let’s see if you can understand this. ERs are at hospitals, it is a room where doctors are. They are not in the mother’s car. You really are dumb aren’t you?

107 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Wow guys seriously do you really buy this bull sh*t.

First off, this must be the most greedy mother I have heard of mother. She should be grateful that her daughter is still alive other than crying about how she will never make it to the Olympics which she most likely wasn’t going to anyway! If the woman was a nurse she got down from her car and the injurys probably didn’t look too serious and she went off cleaned and addressed the wound and was most likely in a hurry so she left and they exchanged phone numbers so she could contact her at a later date.

Secondly, I don’t buy that her daughter “lost” the phone number”. How convenient. I think this just one of those classic cases of greed. One Of a parent taking hold of a situation and wanting cash out of it. Those parents should be ashamed of themselves!

I also believe it was most likely the bikers fault in the accident in the first place. More than likely she was doing something illegal and that’s why the hesitated to call the police. I think this whole story is so those a-holes can get more money so they can use it on, uh I don’t know “training for the Olympics”?!

108 beemerlover26 July 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Be careful @seriously #108! You and I have the same ideas about this incident, some of the idiot bloggers have already accused me of being a friend or relative of the driver of the SUV. Neither of which is true BTW. You may be next! LOL 🙂
Why is it that the “mother” was so quick to ask for help, but hasn’t returned to share any updates, or even to defend herself?
I’d like to see a copy of the police report too, I mean, there is one right?

109 SD July 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Funny, how everyone is always quick to judge when they haven’t heard the other persons side of the story. Ever stop to think that their are two sides to A situation.That’s how rumors are started. For someone to leave a scene while treating an injury, apparently the injury wasn’t as severe . If their was a witness involved, don’t you think she obviously would of called 911, the paramedics at least. You guys should be ashamed. Do you always believe what you hear??? What has this world come to… So sad

110 Thomas Van Tuyl July 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Thank you to all the positive feedback after my daughter got hit by the silver Durango LOTS OF LOVE to those who care.
As for all the BALL- LESS B—-S hiding behind your computers talking
s–t We should meet so I can tell you to your faces ” F— OFF”.
Thomas Van Tuyl. The father.

111 @Thomas July 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Why don’t you send some pics of the injuries and bike to be posted here and shut everyone up?

I’m sure you have some for the lawsuit.

112 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

^Cool Story Bro. Skip to the chapter where I care, but in your case close the book.

113 Seriously July 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Oh and I’m behind an iPod touch @ Thomas

114 Mother's Side July 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

How is it the victims fault! Its the drivers. She should pay the medical bills and most likely because she gave the daughter her phone number she will.

115 Shiloh July 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Didn’t someone say that the daughter had some super amazing, classy parents? Hmm. .

116 Kirk July 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Shiloh if my wife was injured and a POS started talking trash about it like I wanted it to happen or was hoping to make money out of it you could be pretty sure I would beat them to death with a tire iron. FU

117 beemerlover26 July 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM

pics or it didn’t happen!

118 frambley1 July 3, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I am still amazed at the crap that spews from some of you trolls on here. I’m completely disgusted. Hope everything works out Tom.

119 @ frambley1 July 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM

And we’re amazed that some of you believe everything you read. So I guess it’s fair.

120 kristin graham July 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hey yall

I am the girls sister-in-law, I live in GA, but I just wanted to say, that I think we should cut the family a little slack, and have a little sympathy on the comments I mean down here in the south in these situations if u don’t have nothing nice to say just don’t say nothing at all. All the family is asking for is if yall know the driver or the vehicle description it would be helpful if yall could help them out. Who cares if the article is accurate in ur opinion or not, or if u feel like they are may or may not get a law suite. I personally don’t know or care, and honestly think everyone missed the point of the article. Thanks in advance yall!!!!

121 Suzanne July 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hey Tom…you need to look at these comments and take them for what they are. When Claycod posted Rick’s bike accident 2 years ago, the same thing happened. I would’nt even allow the girls to read the garbage they wrote. Most likely the same people. They have NO life, hide behind names like “serously and beemerlover”.
I think Claycord is a great place to read/share stories that relate to our area and Im sure K was correct in asking for help, however, I think the site has become a place for shut in’s to troll and have a “stage” to bring their unsensored, uneducated wisdom for others to marval at their talent. ( I think no one else will listen to them )Instead of being a part of a solution, they thrive on being part of the problem…let their ignorance shine!

and BTW, you all can comment all you want about me, my name is SUZANNE, I know these people, I have seen the childs ankle, she IS an extremly talented athlete with olympic possibilties, she was not on drugs. She is one of the most well rounded positive young woman I have ever met. She was hit by a car, and was injured. Does anyone have any information concerning these facts? Yes, then please contact the above number. No, then for the love of god, shut the f up!

122 Karen July 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Thank you to all who truly know us and “What” this article is” Really” about. Also to all of the positive people who have posted there support. No one has come forward to date.

123 Anon July 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Mounting medial bills? An olympic hopeful but no health insurance?

124 anonamiss July 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Where does it state that this lady plans to sue? Or is looking for a payout??
If it were your child you would expect the person who injured your child to at least be the adult in the situation, call the police and make a police report and stick around. If all the mother wants is the medical bills taken care of, I think that is reasonable. So many here quick to judge…….

125 Don't Censor Me Bro July 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Driver did NOT follow current CA law…

C Section 20003 Duty Upon Injury or Death

Duty Upon Injury or Death

20003. (a) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person shall also give his or her name, current residence address, the names and current residence addresses of any occupant of the driver’s vehicle injured in the accident, the registration number of the vehicle he or she is driving, and the name and current residence address of the owner to the person struck or the driver or occupants of any vehicle collided with, and shall give the information to any traffic or police officer at the scene of the accident. The driver also shall render to any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including transporting, or making arrangements for transporting, any injured person to a physician, surgeon, or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary or if that transportation is requested by any injured person.

(b) Any driver or injured occupant of a driver’s vehicle subject to the provisions of subdivision (a) shall also, upon being requested, exhibit his or her driver’s license, if available, or, in the case of an injured occupant, any other available identification, to the person struck or to the driver or occupants of any vehicle collided with, and to any traffic or police officer at the scene of the accident.

126 Thomas Van Tuyl July 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM