The Claycord Weekly Council Meeting – Every Thursday at 8:59pm on Claycord.com

June 28, 2012 20:59 pm · 24 comments

Good evening, and welcome to the regular meeting of the Claycord City Council for Thursday June 28th, 2012.

This is a weekly feature to update you on what’s happening with Claycord.com.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or feedback, let us know in the comments section below.

OK, let’s start!

Here are the updates throughout the past seven days on Claycord:

1. Claycord.com was named “Best Blog” by the readers of Diablo Magazine for the second year in a row! Thanks to everybody who voted, and thanks to my fellow Claycordians for all your tips, pictures, etc. I couldn’t do this without you, and Claycord wouldn’t be what it is without you!

If you’d like to join the 8,210 other fans of Claycord.com on Facebook, all you have to do is click HERE.

We’re also on Twitter & SFgate.com.

Did you know? If we’re not seeing what you’re seeing, you can tell us by emailing us at news@claycord.com, or you can call us and leave a message on our newstip line at 925-482-NEWS (6397). And don’t worry, we’ll always keep you anonymous (unless you tell us you want credit or have an alias).

We’d like to give a quick mention to our advertisers:

Please take a moment and click on the links above to see what they have to offer. If you’d like to advertise, please contact David by emailing him at the following address: david@claycord.com.

And one more thing, if you’re making a comment under any story on Claycord.com, please be respectful. Do not post anything racist and do not post names of people whose names are not in a story. If you see a comment that needs to be deleted, please email us at news@claycord.com and let us know.

I appreciate your support to keep this a fun local site with great conversations. This is a community based blog, and without your support, there would be no Claycord.com, so thank you very much for everything you do.

Once again, this is a council meeting, and YOU are the Claycord Council, so if you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions or feedback, let us know in the comments section below.

Thanks for reading Claycord.com.

Mayor

1 Cowellian June 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Present

2 SK June 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Good evening, Cowellian! 🙂

3 Killjoy June 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Here!

4 Schmee June 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I like the updated logo style and size. It’s not new or anything just wanted to mention.

Now when are you going to update the format of the website? Is it just me or does it not feel 1997ish?

I know you like to feel like king and regulate every comment before its posted but most “communities” use forum type message boards that are moderated and require registration to comment such as vbulletin for example.

Come join us in the year 2002 it’s nice

5 Schmee June 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Yes I said 2002 lol

6 ACC June 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

LOL Mayor. Do you know that for the last few years, that you’ve been posting this Claycord Council for some reason I thought it said Clayton Council and stupidly assumed it was the meeting minutes for the Clayton City Council. I never clicked into it until tonight and realized it’s OUR Council. What a maroon I am! Anyway, I still read every day, I just can’t post very often … work, work, work gets in the way of a good time.
Hope you’re well!

7 CLAYCORD.com June 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hey ACC, better late than never, right? LOL

Thanks for saying “Hi”, it’s ALWAYS nice to hear from you. 🙂

Hope you’ve been well, too.

Mayor

8 SK June 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hi, ACC, glad to see you on here! I miss seeing your comments. Glad to hear you are busy working though.

9 Dragon June 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Mayor – congrats on the Best Blog win! You rock – we all know it, but it’s always good to get the word out to others 🙂

10 CLAYCORD.com June 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Thanks, Dragon 🙂

11 anon June 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I am a claycord addict. There I admitted it.

12 SprayTHENaim June 29, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Mayor, ignore Schmee, your format is up to date and better than most forums. This is a blog, not a forum buddy. The format is simple while being filled with important content, best local website!

13 Bubba 94521 June 29, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Congrats on the W. Too bad in 2012 you have to ask people not to post racist comments. I will never understand those people.

14 Anonymee June 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Thanks for getting that ad fixed so quickly, Mr. Mayor (“comlete” v. “complete”), one of the features I like so much about Claycord.com is that you are so responsive.

15 Antler June 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Thank you for the return email, and I am so glad you will be trying to get the “store” tab back again so that we can order products with “Claycord.com” on them.

And I like the format just as it is (especially since the main fonts have been changed to look like the print on sports uniforms). And most sincere congratulations on the honor from the readers of Diablo Magazine!

And, ACC, hi there! You’re not either “a maroon”! Maybe a nice warm shade of brown? 😉

16 CLAYCORD.com June 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

@anon, Thanks for being addicted!

@SprayTHEnaim, Thanks for the kind words!

@Bubba94521, Thanks and I agree.

@Anonymee, Thanks again for pointing that out. I try to be responsive, thanks for noticing. 🙂

@Antler, The store link should be back up today. Thanks again for everything.

Have a nice day everybody!

Mayor

17 Paul (formerly) in South Concord June 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I will be ducking and running for cover, immediately following this question…

Any progress on an alternative to text messages, for Claypons?

18 CLAYCORD.com June 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hey Paul, Not yet.

We’re still trying to perfect the text message deals, but don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about you 🙂

Thanks for asking, Mayor

19 V June 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I always show up late for the meeting….. darn work schedule… thank goodness this stays up for a little while 🙂

Love claycord Mr. Mayor… get lots of important local info that’s not always covered by the local broadcast media or newspapers (not that I read the paper anyways)

20 Paul (formerly) in South Concord June 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Roger that!

21 ChampagneKitty June 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I fell asleep early last night. a) Work is very stressful right now due to a bullying manager. b) I made my stomach happy and full by eating Indian food at Swagat for dinner. c) I have fibromyalgia so I’m tired a lot anyway.

I woke up during the night to find my computer had timed out and I had to close the sliding glass door I had left open.

22 How cool is that June 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Got to meet Radar in person today. How cool is that. Now I have a face to a name.

23 Cowellian June 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

That’s very cool! Radar is a class act, and he’s cuter than a lot of us.

24 Cowellian June 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hi ACC! Welcome to the council meeting. I spend less time on Claycord now than when I was working. It seems I’m working more now than when I was actually getting a paycheck.