Column: The Real Housewife of Claycord – Every Thursday at 2pm on Claycord.com

March 29, 2012 · 63 comments

The Real Housewife of Claycord – Every Thursday at 2pm on Claycord.com

Hi Claycordians!

If you hate this column, then stop reading now!

This week we adopted a puppy from a local animal rescue group. The dog is a cutie pie, he’s a six month old chocolate lab with two different colored eyes. He’s a barker, unfortunately, but we still love him and plan to keep him inside, so it shouldn’t be a problem. He’s a great addition to our family, and our children are so excited to have him, they even take turns sleeping with him at night. Potty training has been going well, and he understands where to go, he just doesn’t always make it in time.

OK, now that I’ve told you all about the new pup, I’ll tell you what happened when we brought him home.

We live in a middle-class Concord neighborhood with no home owners association. When we took the dog out of the car, our neighbor, who doesn’t like animals or kids, came over. He’s a man in his early 60’s with no family (no kids, no wife, no animals). We’ve brought him cookies in the past, and have always been nice to him, but he just doesn’t want any part of us. When he came over while we were bringing the puppy inside, he asked us why we got a dog. We gave him an honest answer, that we got a puppy because we’ve always wanted one and we thought now was a good time. He told us the “proper thing to do is ask your neighbors if it’s ok to get a dog.”. At this point, I started to get defensive, so I shot back, asking him why we needed his permission. He then went on to talk about how it would cause excess noise and disturb the neighborhood. I asked him if we could talk about this later, and the last thing he said before he turned around and walked away was “there’s nothing to talk about, your dog is dead to me”.

What the hell (excuse my bad word) is this man talking about? My husband and I were both shocked to hear him say that, we just looked at eachother and tried to comprehend what he just said. We decided not to say anything back to him, not wanting to further escalate the situation.

So for now, our doggy-door has remained closed and we only let our pup outside when he has to go do his business, then he immediately comes inside.

Should I be worried this man will kill my dog? I can’t really contact the police because he didn’t really do anything, but I do believe he was threatening my dog. What’s your opinion on us “needing his permission” to get a dog?

Moving on….

A few things I saw around Claycord this week….

• I saw a man at a gas station pumping gas on Tuesday. He was on the phone, smoking, pumping gas with his car running. (smart).
  • I walked out of Subway on Port Chicago Highway & Olivera and a man was sitting outside the store eating a sandwich. When I walked past him, he asked me if I had an extra $50. I laughed and said I have kids, then I asked him if he had an extra $50 for me.
  • In the mall, I heard a father tell his child “I love you so much“. It was so nice to hear that, more parents need to tell their children they love them, even if it’s a lie.

Real Housewife House Tip of the Week:

• Never use disinfectants to clean the fridge, foods will pick up taste and odor.

Thanks for reading!

It’s time for me to go make a pie! (and do laundry, knit a sweater, etc….)

-The Real Housewife of Claycord xxoo

1 R U KIdding March 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM

“even if it’s a lie”… Are you kidding? Your a mom, you of all people should know telling your kids you love them is NEVER a lie!!!

Furthermore, I believe this Housewife of Claycord article is a way for you to talk about yourself… You find some joy in lettingthe world know what is going on in your life… But oooh so mysterious we don’t know who you are… Try again, I do…

Well anyways… This was the last week fo rme… The article is pointless and filled with nonsense. I mainly check in to see what all the OTHER haters are saying. That’s the insightful and somehow oh so funny part…

2 Blah Blah blah March 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Well I read it just because you told me not too. And I have to say while I still think your irrelevant dribble, I must say that this week you seem less annoying…I still don’t think your entries say much about Claycord other then why Bravo will never have a show here.

3 Anon March 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Your neighbor is a grumpy, old, bitter man. I would not trust him. Good for you for biting your tongue. I think I would have completely lost it on the old man.

4 OldChemist March 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I like your column, keep writing. I love dogs, and wouldn’t be without one. Enjoy your chocolate Lab, they are beautiful dogs.

5 Cowellian March 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I just hope you weren’t lying about the pie. That would break my heart.

6 K9 Fan March 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Wow, your neighbor sounds like a real piece of #$@^. It’s a shame you have to keep your new pup inside, but since you said he’s a barker, coupled with your jerk of a neighbor, that’s for the best. I had a buddy who had a dog that would bark if he heard kids walking by after school. Never wanted to hurt them or anything, but because he was in the backyard and couldn’t see them, he wanted to make his presence known. Anyway, the neighbor complained, so my buddy started keeping the dog in the house, but one day a family member put the dog outside before they left for the afternoon, and when they got home, their dog was acting very sick. The neighbor fed the dog raw hamburger meat spiked with some kind of poison and straight up killed the dog. I never did find out what happened to the neighbor, but I know my buddy took the guy to court.

Hopefully once your pup is a little older, you and your kids can take him out to the park and get him some good solid playtime outside. And of course, if your neighbor continues to be an ass, you have a convenient source for the internal component to the old “Flaming Bag on Doorstep” gag.

7 Anonymous March 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I can’t understand why some people hate your column so much. I actually like it! And R U Kldding: I think that she was joking about “even if it’s a lie”. That’s the way I understood it anyway.

8 KJ March 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Your neighbor sounds like a real curmudgeon. It’s no wonder he has no wife, no kids and no animals. He doesn’t sound like someone anyone, even an animal, would want to be near.

Keep your dog — and kids — away from him. Fortunately, Concord has some great dog parks, so your puppy can get the exercise he needs.

(And speaking of curmudgeons — what’s with all the negativity on this website?)

9 Chuckie's Wife March 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

1) You don’t need your neighbor’s permission to get a dog. But you do need to be considerate of your neighbors, especially if your dog barks a lot. You will have to train your puppy to not do that, or get a bark collar. You also need to clean up your pup’s messes when you take him for a walk, not just let him go wherever and leave it like so many people do. Until your neighbor actually DOES something to harm your pup, there’s nothing you can do. The phrase “your _____ is dead to me” is not a threat against the dog, but rather a way of saying that the speaker doesn’t care to the point where the object of discussion is non existent to him.

2) NEVER lie to your child, especially when it’s about telling said child that you love him/her. What if he/she finds out later that it was all lies? That kid will be going to the shrink’s for sure!

3) To the heaters – keep it comin’, it’s the amusement of the week. NOT!

10 Schmee March 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

You have a very weird relation ship with your neighbor. Are you highly religious, passive aggressive, or the type of person who always tries to be nice to everyone even weirdos. I think I was right on the last one.

Have you and your kids Give him a few a few weirdo stares and maybe he will stay away. He sound really creepy you should have got a pitbull may e he wouldn’t wander over anymore

11 Anon777 March 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Loved the way you began….”If you hate this column….”

I cannot believe your neighbor – the nerve! I was going to say I never heard anyone so ignorant (but that’s not true after reading all the comments from the Trayvon post), or hateful (not true again, your haters are probably worse); but glad you could bite your tongue. I don’t think it’s an argument that you can win with him so better to be the bigger person and walk away. In the future, if he were make any other comments about my “dead dog”, I would point blank tell him to watch himself because I’m taking that as a threat to my dog and if something were to happen to him, I will be knocking on your door!

Last, loved your comment to the beggar – going to use that next time I’m hit up by one.

Keep calm and write on!

12 Concord_Born March 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Note: pitbull’s, by nature, are not watch dogs. They can appear aggressive to some, but generally speaking, pitbulls are NOT territorial when it comes to homes and yards unless mixed with a german shepard or rottweiler for example.

As for the neighbor, I recommend filing a report if the police let you (I think you can do it online?) … that way it will be on record. And if they receive a copy of the report, send a it to the neighbor via certified mail (do not place it in his mailbox to avoid more confrontation). That way the police know and so does the neighbor.

FWIW I like this article and those that don’t are in the minority (and probably the same person with multiple accounts – its very easy to have 2 email addresses for those that wish to hide).

13 local94553 March 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Love your column. Sad for the neighbor being so grumpy makes him even grumpier. I would be cautious though of bitter people sometimes their resentments are not rational. Look forward to next weeks column. By the way when are we all invited over for pie ;)

14 skippy March 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM

First you say he wants nothing to do with your family, then you say, he came over to you when you got home with the dog and started talking. ???

If you’re going to be a blogger, better be prepared for criticism. If all you want if positive reinforcement, talk to your family.

15 Pucky March 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM

?Concord_Born? Where did Pit-bulls come from?? “he’s a six month old chocolate lab with two different colored eyes” I like the column too.

16 jtkatec March 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Reading your story struck a chord. In my early 20’s I knew a curmudgeon, but then one night I heard his story.

He was in his early 30s, an accountant at a successful firm; had a wife, expecting a baby. One night, driving down the Danville Hwy, with his wife, was stuck by a drunk driver. Wife and unborn son died, curmudgeon spent about a number of years with brain injuries. Worked for the next 30 years as a host at a restaurnat because the brain injuries impaired his ability to do work related to his job as an accountant.

Until I knew his story, I just thought he was a grumpy old #A%&A#%(&

17 @RUKidding March 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Clearly she was kidding. Get a grip on sarcasm …

18 Fred March 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM

If your neighbor is already so negative about a sweet puppy, I would watch your back! Be sure and check the borders near your fences daily to make sure no tainted food has been tossed over to your precious pup.

19 funny man March 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM

GESH! good thing he tolerates your kids or he be throwing strichnine candies over your fence.
if you were close to your neighbors, i’d say yah its worth a passing notice. but wow.. this guys sounds like the guy in clayton that was poisoning neighborhood animals (dogs i think)
best pray he kicks the bucket soon and the next of kin sells the house to a nice family! (or you can move or slip some nice anti-depressants into the nxt pie you make for him) :D
makes me feel better about my crummy nieghbors..at least they keep to themselves.

20 Dude March 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I guess it was inevitable this column would regress in quality. As a father who makes it a point to tell his kids he loves them multiple times a day, and would gladly take a bullet for them, I find the “even if it’s a lie” line to be very offensive. If you meant it as a joke, you clearly don’t realize that written jokes don’t go over the same way spoken jokes do. How damaged are you that you’d even have the notion that any parent could use those 3 words to lie to their kids? Any parent that didn’t love their kid certainly isn’t gonna tell them they do.

The sad thing is that as bad as these columns are, the Mayor would probably argue they’re great for business. You’re like the Tim Tebow of this site: Polarizing. I’d bet Tebow even spells WTF with an H too.

21 1BAR March 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Where to start? I love the “If you hate this column….” disclaimer! It kind of makes the negative nelly’s look even more ridiculous ;~). Congrats on the new addition to the family! I also had a chocolate lab who was quite vocal. His vet suggested a soft muzzle. He could still eat and drink, and it was a more humane way to train the excessive bark away! Now about your neighbor (heavy sigh!). In addition to keeping the pup inside, you might consider investing in a surveillance system. I know this may sound extreme, but the old fart could still put something over the fence so when the dog does go outside…Plus should he stir the dog up to cause him to bark, then complain, well your butt’s are covered! Fry’s has some good deals!

Cheers!

22 real house write March 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM

RUKIDDING and blah blah blah hit the nail on the head. this column fails because it is written as if the person were of some significance and led a wild life. unfortunately, the person isn’t and their life isn’t.

i’m going to go out on a limb and assume that if you’re the type who wants haters to stop reading, you’re probably the type who wants dissenters to get the f#ck out of America. right?

the column wasn’t as terrible as it usually is, but it still left a stain on claycord like your neighbor left on your family. you always bring up good issues that everyone deals with in one shape or another. that’s great. but then you stop. very few people care about your experience. many more care about the general experience, why it exists and what is done about it. expand on those topics and stop talking about every minute detail of your specific experience. the column might suck less.

– you’re talking about rescue dogs. great topic. are there a lot in claycord? why? are they strays or drop offs? how often are they adopted? what is involved in the adoption process? do the shelters have needs? etc. use your experience as the launching place, not the end.

– you talk about neighbors. another fantastic topic that can be explored.

23 Grateful wife March 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Yes, as others had stated luv the way you started your column!
There are some real jerks who feel that they have to read your column and type some negitive hate messages hiding behind their computer. Sooooo creeeepy and evil!!! Still a few had to read and write today!
Speaking of creepy and evil…it sounds like one is living close by.
I have been on a walk and a old man in a older orange truck yelled at me that if he had a stick he would beat my dog, along with other hate remarks…just random hate! I would watch out for this guy throwing poison in some type of meat to harm your dog.

24 Anon42 March 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Love your column, it keeps me entertained from all the stupid violent posts and negative comments even though they follow over here as well. I wish they’d quit reading and get a life. Anyhoo, congrats on the new puppy! They are wonderful and he’s a puppy, they bark. They do those sorts of things, he’ll mellow out as he gets older. Maybe go to puppy training? And no you do not need to get your neighbor’s permission. Good grief what an a**.

Good luck!

25 ustillsuck March 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM

but not as much as before… keep up the good work????

26 devilmtgal March 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Maybe your neighbor knows you are responsible for the “column” and he wants you to stop!

27 Atticus Thraxx March 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I dunno. I like the column. Guess ya’ll can ask for your money back.

28 Real House Wife March 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

You are the epitomy of an EPIC FAIL!

29 La Grinch March 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I suspect that the reason some people hate this column is because of the title. For some people, when they hear the title ‘housewife’, they immediately associate it with second-class citizen, goof-off, someone who couldn’t possibly have anything interesting to say. It is the only way to explain this irrational hatred. Maybe if it were called something like ‘A Day In The Life’ – but then it wouldn’t be capitalizing on the stupid ‘real’ television shows.

About the pup – kudos for supporting rescue!!! Learn all you can about the breed – be warned, they eat anything and everything: kitchen towels that have any speck of food residue; socks; electrical cords; plants; even rocks. No joke. Especially when they don’t get mental and physical stimulation, and that goes double for puppies. Something to think about with that jerk of a neighbor.

30 Nick March 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

And the haters continue to appear…

Anyway, that sounds like my neighbor across the street. One day my buddy parked in front of said neighbor’s house so that we could jump in the truck and head to work. My neighbor then got in his car, backed out of the driveway and, backed into my buddy’s car. Right in front of us! He told my buddy that he shouldn’t park there because sometimes he likes to park his own car there instead of the driveway. I was speechless, my friend was turning red.

As I say every week on this thread, if you don’t like the column, pound sand.

31 Very Real House Wife March 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Clearly some people cant read or the “if you hate this column, then stop reading now” would have made sense. But clearly this is Claycord …

32 Jojo Potato March 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM

“your dog is dead to me” Can also be taken as he will not pay any attention to the dog. Which is what you want. Let the kids play and keep him inside and you all will out live the bs*rd anyway. Kids need dogs and vice versa, enjoy your life.

33 aNON March 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Congrats on the new puppy. Ignore the jerks that troll on this thread. They sure can’t stay out of here for hating it so much. Keep up the good work. When I sat down with my afternoon coffee and saw your column I got excited. So please keep up the good work.

34 Pat E. File ESQ. March 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM

As an attorney, I can tell you that what your neighbor did was against the law. Section1000.12-1000.17 the California penil code clearly states that. “In lieu of prosecuting a person suspected of committing or threatining to commit any crime, involving a minor victim (puppies count) of an act of physical abuse or neglect, the prosecuting attorney may refer that person to the county department in charge of public social services or the probation
department for counseling or psychological treatment and such other
services as the department deems necessary. The prosecuting attorney
shall seek the advice of the county department in charge of public
social services or the probation department in determining whether or
not to make the referral”. Your neighbor needs an evaluation immediately. You need to be a good mom and really be a good advocate for your new family member.

35 Renee March 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Congrats on the new Pup!! How exciting. And you rescued him which is wonderful! Be patient with him, train him well, make sure everyone is on the same page with the training so he doesn’t get confused about right and wrong. You’re going to do fine. Your neighbor needs to move to the mountains far far away. Does he complain about your kids playing outside also? Good thing he doesn’t live by me, my kid and his friends have a lot of fun in my backyard. LOL. Keep it up girl, I love your column.

36 observer March 29, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I would say that this is not an “idle” comment by your neighbor, and would take it seriously, and take every precaution in monitoring your back yard before letting your puppy out. I would certainly suggest taking the puppy to obdience training, and to follow up on how to alleviate the barking issue. In addition, I know that dogs can be trained not to eat things unless given by their owners, but have no idea what the training entails.

Given the state of mind of your neighbor, it is obvious that he cares little for humans or animals, and would think nothing of doing harm to the dog.

37 The Authority March 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM

You have a nice column. It’s not going to win a Pulitzer or anything, but it is a nice column by a housewife in the neighborhood this website services. I don’t understand the vitriol that is heaped here every week. Just the thing to do now, I guess. I don’t know why people are so worked up by this column when they should be directing their disapproval to the creepy old guy in his car who gets (thankfully) virtually no views every week. Truly terrible dreck over there. Maybe it has gotten better, I don’t know because I DON’T GO TO THAT COLUMN any more. Just like people who hate this column should avoid it if it brings them so much displeasure.

Regarding your jerk neighbor; Yeah, he’s a clownbag. But, PLEASE don’t bother the police with this big nothing. Imagine if every obnoxious thing ever said to you was a police matter. Just a waste of resources. If a true violation of the law occurs, report it promptly. As far as documenting the incident for future reference, I think your column has achieved that.

38 catdog March 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I wouldn’t trust this cantankerous old coot for nothing. That is a terroristic threat for a human…not so much for a dog probably. I would, however, keep a personal log of any and all comments or events that “happen”. I would definitely note the day he actually said that on my calendar or whatever just in case. You can NEVER be sure he didn’t mean it. Personally I would have told him to mind his own business and I’d better not ever see him even looking at my dog, my kids, or my house!!!

39 Martinez33 March 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

, more parents need to tell their children they love them, even if it’s a lie. – This line made me laugh out loud! FUNNY! Good column this week. I feel sorry for your neighbor, kill him with kindness and he may end up being a loving human being who just needed some TLC. Never know, either way it will be good for you.

40 Jody March 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Geez, haters, lighten up already! Real housewife, congrats on the new puppy, and yes, he may very well be one of those labs who eat everything (include underwear-clean or dirty, dvds off the kitchen table, bath toys-obviously my 10 year old black lab should be over this, right? So NOT!). But they are so lovable, you’ll enjoy the heck out of him! That said, watch that neighbor, I kind of took what he said as in “I will totally ignore your dog, he doesn’t exist to me”, however, he may change his tune if he doesn’t like puppy behavior, which can include barking (and possibly digging) if they aren’t kept busy enough. I still watch my dog when he’s out back (which isn’t often by himself because of the rattlesnakes in their season), and it sounds like there are enough people in your house to keep an eye on your puppy when he’s outside, and I would just be vigilant. Good luck, keep us posted on puppy’s progress, I love dog stories!

41 1BAR March 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Oo! Observer #36 made a good point about feeding! Basically it’s ONLY allowing the dog to eat items in his dish! This rule includes treats! No hand feeding or out of bowl ANYTHING! On another note, I just remembered an incident where my lab opened the oven (not hot), ate an entire dish of cheese and jalapeno enchiladas because I had hung a towel on the handle! (He didn’t get sick! Belly goat tummy?)
Cheers!

42 Fish Breath March 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The old guy is what’s known as a Douche. I used to feel that way about dogs until I got one of my own and she is awesome.

43 Cowellian March 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Real Housewife,
We got our dogs from Wonder Dog Rescue, in San Francisco.

Where did you get your dog? Go ahead and give them a shout-out.

44 observer March 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

1BAR – thanks for the enlightening info. Even though I don’t have a dog, I would be interested to read how dogs are trained regarding this subject. Have you done this with your dog, or are you a dog handler?

45 deb March 29, 2012 at 8:39 PM

i think the old man grumpy and has no life it really bs anyways i love ur blog

46 Cindy March 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Congrats on the new puppy. Hope all goes well with the training, etc.

I know it’s hard to ignore the hatred and negativity on here. It is hurtful.

But I like the column and look forward to reading it each week.

Your neighbor? Kill him with kindness I guess. And keep the puppy safe.

47 dlo March 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Lol… Loved your opening statement!… I think that Bravo’s Real Housewives is just drama for entertainment purposes & I take this column the same way… & I like that you are stirring up the pot! ;-). Love reading your column & the comments part every week!

48 RD March 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Dear Real Housewife,

“We live in a middle-class Concord neighborhood with no home owners association.”

Whether you live in a middle-class Concord neighborhood with no homeowners associaton or a gated community, there is a county wide ordinance regarding barking dogs, fowl, etc. Good luck to you with your new puppy who will soon be a full grown dog.

1BAR

“Plus should he stir the dog up to cause him to bark, then complain, well your butt’s are covered! Fry’s has some good deals!”

The ordinance also deals with neighbors who might do anything to aggravate the animal.

See below

“416-12.202 – Animal noise.
(a)
No person shall own, possess, harbor, control, or keep on any premises, any dog, fowl, or other animal, that barks, bays, cries, howls, or makes any other noise so continuously or incessantly as to unreasonably disturb the peace or quiet of any two persons living in different households within three hundred feet of the location of the disturbance.
(b)
Any person who shall keep or permit to remain on any premises any animal as defined in subsection (a) of this section is guilty of a violation of this division, provided that during the time that the animal is making such a noise, no person or other animal is trespassing or threatening to trespass or no person is teasing or provoking the animal. This section shall not be construed to prohibit the keeping of any watchdog, provided that the keeper thereof takes immediate steps to quiet such dog whenever it barks, and provided that such keeper never leaves such dog unattended on the premises in a place where its barking, if prolonged or repeated an undue number of times, disturbs the peace or quiet of any two persons living in different households within three hundred feet of the locations of the disturbance. “

49 MO March 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM

LOL…love the tongue in cheek column.
The ‘tone’ is just that of those Realty Show Housewives…a six pack short one can….love it.

I had no idea there are so many folks out there who don’t know humor when they read it. Roflol…………

Just goes to show you how ”generic” the written word is…to get ”the real meaning” look farther than the end of your nose.

This author is pulling your leg….playing the ‘duh’ card, while inserting some factual incidents and information…………

Lighten up…get a life, and laugh when you are given the opportunity.

Interesting interaction here…..hehehhehehehehhehehe.

50 anon March 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM

two words–Dog Training. Best thing we ever did for our dog. Teaches you & your dog socialization skills. Excessive barking is a sign of anti social behavior-don’t allow it. We used Donna Dale but she’s since passed on, a quick google search finds lots of courses around here.

Congrats on the dog, wonderful addition to the family.

51 Nimby March 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I love people who post C&R’s about the obvious and the blood sucking attorneys chiming in. You leaching attorneys always knee jerk react with second hand information so you can manipulate the legal system with one minuet twist of verbiage. You’re commenting on a fabricated hearsay from a desparate housewife.

52 Another hater March 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I like how people say “haters stop hating and get a life” but yet they’re congratulating you on getting a new puppy and they son’t even know you. Plus the piint of a blog is to have some sort of substance that people could comment about and discuss and while this is certainly the case, its quite a lame substance. No one really cares about your personal life, your puppy, your friend who had an affair which you blasted all over the internet when she confided in you or anything else.

Can’t you do better than this? Really?

53 Dude March 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Have to laugh at how many people don’t realize criticizing this column is the new Olive Garden. Whining about people who express opinions that aren’t in line with how you think does not equate to someone needing to “get a life.” “If you hate this column, then stop reading.” How about, “if you only want to hear unicorn, sunshine and rainbow opinions, stop reading the comments?” It’s pure fantasy to think all commentary is going to be positive. If you complain about your utility bill, is the person on the phone going to say “get a life?” Why is a happy opinion more valuable than one that isn’t happy? If you were Mr. Mayor, wouldn’t you want to know what content works and what doesn’t? It’s the same reason businesses seek out feedback (positive and negative). If something isn’t working, it needs to be fixed.

54 real joke of claycord March 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Having you for a neighbor I would probly act that way towards you. Sounds like you live in a made up world keep the stories for your kids.Fill real bad for your husband living with you.I HOPE THIS WAS YOUR LAST THURSDAY!!

55 Just a Concordian March 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM

@another hater

Yea it’s always the friends who do bad things. I have a friend like that. Good looking guy but what a loser! Always screwing up this or that. But he is nice to me. He says hello every morning in the mirror.

56 MO March 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

LOLOL…I’ve read all the comments now…this is probably one of the most successful blog…response whether in agreement or in hating…is a comment. If no one commented no one read it…but apparently you cannot help yourselves and you read it no matter how bad you think the Housewife is…..and she has you at the first hello.

Now if there were no comments…the Housewife here would be a loser….but apparently she did have you at the first hello…no matter how shallow and unimportant her commentary is….SHE GOT TO YOU…and I suggest you think about it…THAT WAS HER ORIGINAL INTENTION.

The only way to get rid of something you don’t like is to shun it…ignore it….and keep your mouth shut…or in this case…STOP TYPING. With every keystroke she is the winner and you are the dingbat.

roflol…typical human nature? :wink:

57 Palermo March 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Congratulations on your new dog

58 Another hater March 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

@MO. On the contrary we got to her or else her first sentence wouldnt be “if you hate this column dont read it”

Lol lmfao wth yadb dfb ;)

59 @MO March 31, 2012 at 12:25 PM

if her intent was to “get to us”, then maybe she really shouldn’t be on her should she?

60 @MO March 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

“this is probably one of the most successful blogs”.
WOW! This definitely shows who the true dingbat is.
The haters are gonna hate so move over MO. If you don’t like to read the negative comments maybe you too should stop. :-)

61 MO March 31, 2012 at 3:21 PM

The point is…she gets to you..so she is successful.

Next week, make no comment…prove your dislike and go on to things that are worthwhile………praise something, enjoy……………….it’s way too easy to hate and hate again……..what a waste of time.

62 Dorothy Zbornack April 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I just read a very smart/thought provoking blog with a housewife/mom theme titled “Mom Without a Filter”.
I am mentioning it because this column could use the inspiration.
Check it out…

63 doggiestyle April 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Maybe if you dropped to your knees and gave that neighbor what he needs , he wouldnt be so grumpy . Cmon you know you want to taste his man milk