House Fire on Bluerock Court in Concord

March 25, 2012 12:40 pm · 20 comments

Firefighters are battling a house fire on Bluerock Court in Concord, which is across the road from the Concord Pavilion.

Fire crews called for a second-alarm to fight the blaze, which started at about 12:20 on Sunday afternoon.

There’s no word yet on the cause of the fire.

UPDATE: The fire apparently started in the garage. We’re hearing it looks like the house was almost completely destroyed.

{ 20 comments }

1 black man March 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Seen lots of smoke around 12:30, I was coming down the hill on Kirker Pass on my way back from Pittsburg. Tried to take a picture but my Metro PCS phone has a bad camera. Thats what i get for having bad credit = metro PCS

2 Cowellian March 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Bad news! I hope no one, and no critters, got hurt.

3 Suz March 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I am a neighbor that called 911. I was coming home from church and saw smoke. I passed by the house and the owner was with his hose trying to put out the fire in the garage. I call 911 when I saw the house was quickly engulfed with fire and smoke was billowing. There were no people inside and noone hurt :-) but the house is completely distroyed. The fire trucks quickly responded and so did the police and ambulance. I’m sorry that they have lost there home but I am so glad noone was hurt. It is very scary to see how fast fire can spread. Kudo’s to our Fireperson’s and First Responders. Great job at showing up so quickly.

4 rw March 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM

According to a witness at the scene the fire started in the garage after some sort of explosion. The owner of the house was out in his backyard working when this occurred. The rest of the family apparently was gone and arrive shortly after the fire was brought under control. The fire appears to have spread quickly and burned up into the attic. It doesn’t appear that anyone was injured.

5 Nick March 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Dryer vent fire perhaps?

6 Walnut creek student from concord March 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Black man, you need to shut your trap. How do you assume it’s a meth house from an explosion in the garage? Wouldn’t common sense and deductive reasoning assume it was the furnace? Hey, this part of concord isn’t in the “hood.” we’re not all meth heads buddy.

7 Concord74 March 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM

First comment is to “Black Man” – the way the world is I guess you assume that any garage explosion constitute a meth lab. I can assure you that this is not the case. You should peruse through some of the posting before drawing either an assumption or make a crass comment. And it was not a dryer vent issue, also.
It would be helpful for other posters not to assume such allegations just because incidents like the PHill kid and other incidents.
I am a neighbor of this unfortunate family. They are dedicated individuals not only owning a business in downtown Concord but the younger family members are working towards great careers and also helping at the family-owned business.
Much as I hate to agree w/”Suz”, the home does appear to be a total. The garage is but a shell now. BTW, it is Bluerock Circle, not Court. That is two different ends of the street in this subdivision. As “Suz” also stated, no one was hurt but it is not the physical trauma at this stage!
One last comment: I spoke with possibly a Battalion Chief(?)re: this incident. He advised that it wouldn’t hurt to have a smoke detector or two in your garage and in attic spaces.

8 Steven March 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I remember one of those homes burned down a few years ago, probably in the late 1990′s….. it was one that backed up to Kirker Pass Road, not sure what street the house sat on. Anyone remember that? I can still pick out the house when I drive by!

9 white man March 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Black man, Way out of line back to the burg for you.

10 rw March 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

@Black man:

You are clearly talking out of your ass! Maybe you should layoff the meth yourself so you can see what a f-up you are for the comments you left here.

11 white man March 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

You must be talking about your comment.

12 duckey momo March 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Sparking wiggle
get a life

13 D March 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

It sickens me that some immediately jump to conclusions and judgments that these people are deviants and deserved to have their home burned down. It bothers me mostly because I’ve been close friends with one of the occupants since kindergarten (20 years!). She and her family are honest, hardworking and kind people. They run a small family owned business downtown Concord- there was no meth lab! My friend and her family are devastated by this loss. Send lots of positive thoughts and prayers their way.

14 Nick March 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

@D, I am still curious if your friend had their washer and dryer in their garage. This just screams dryer fire to me. Especially since I came close to the same thing myself, not too long ago. If that is the case, it might also silence all of the meth lab accusations.

15 Always Right March 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

We all can learn from other’s mistakes and misfortunes, but not before speculation and rumors are replaced with the facts of the matter.

Hopefully the positive outcome from this tragedy will be an explanation of the cause so we all can take note and prevent this from happening to others in the future.

Prayers for the family.

16 H March 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Black Man is joking!!!! Did you not read his other comment? This is what he does, he is usually very funny. Not that this situation is funny – sorry for the family. Have a feeling it is the family who owns a deli in one of the shopping centers you guys are always crapping on.

17 k March 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM

H
no they own a cafe that serves brunch and no one craps on the shopping center people should never joke at the expense of others misfortons it is disrepecful

18 AC March 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

This is a nice family who definitely does NOT have a meth lab!

19 AR March 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My house was the one next to the house that burned down. It was definetly the most scary thing I have ever encountered in my life. Being only 15 years old, its hard to see a house you’ve seen so much be destroyed in a matter of seconds. I was the first one in my family to see it. As I went over to talk to my dad right before it happened I saw a gray colored smoke rising from out my front window, at first I thought it was nothing, but then the smoke turned black, as soon as I saw that, I pulled out my phone and called 911 (while crying hysterically). My tree that the stupid homeowners made us put there was so close to the side door of their garage that it could of easily engulfed into flames, and then my house would of been gone to. My condolences to the family. Thank god no one got hurt.

20 AR March 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Adding to my first comment, the fire was caused by their heating furnace.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: