Concord Police Seek Witnesses to the Thursday Afternoon Crash on Treat Blvd.

March 23, 2012 · 23 comments

The Concord Police are asking for anybody who witnessed Thursday afternoon’s motorcycle -vs- vehicle collision on Treat Boulevard to call them.

They’re not only seeking witnesses, but also anybody who was there after the crash occurred.

As of last night, the driver of the motorcycle, who suffered the most serious injuries, was alive. He was scheduled for surgery to repair a few fractures.

If you have any information on the collision or helped out after the crash occurred, please call the Concord Police at 925-671-3311 ext. 4365 and give a statement.

1 anonymous March 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Very happy to hear this bad wreck was not fatal. Hope everyone is able to recover fully.

2 Nic March 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I passed this at about 4pm yesterday. What a mess. At 7pm they still had Treat blocked off at Oakgrove traveling towards the freeway. It was opened again by 8pm. Glad to hear the rider wasn’t killed. I’d heard he was thrown 30 feet or so. I’m not sure how the rear Left wheel was ripped off the car. I can only assume she hit the center median.

3 Guap March 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Looks like that car pukled out in front of the biker. A wider shout would have been better to see if the car was coming from a side street.

4 Pucky March 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM

What about the big black truck? Apparently it was not part of the accident, but a witness? Why does it take so long to do an investigation?

5 'Black' truck March 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Someone wrote on the earlier thread that he was right by the accident and pulled over. He either said his truck was grey or silver with a dent that his wife put in it previously, and that his truck was not involved. He said it was only the 1 motorcycle and the 1 car involved. It sounded like he was implying that whoever earlier said there was a black truck involved must have mistakenly thought his truck was involved, but it was not.

6 Rebel March 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Glad to hear the motorcyclist will be ok!

7 ssq March 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I was there when the fire engines came on seen. CPD did a good job. I have nothing to help as far as eye witness statement. Hope everyone is ok.

8 Brian March 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I go to school at De La Salle, and all of today there were rumors of this accident. Most people were saying that the motorcyclist didn’t survive and I even heard that a semi had overturned after hitting the motorcycle. I Wouldn’t take anyone’s word at DLS.

9 Anon March 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Uh…Brian. You need to expand that a little bit, don’t take ANY teenager’s word on ANYTHING.

They can’t help it their brains are literally not completely conected.

10 ANONYMOUS March 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Though I will say that yesterday’s statement by the guy in the truck who said he was not involved did not he moved bumpers and debris out the way so traffic could go. Wouldn’t seeing where things are HELP the investigation instead of people pulling up on scene and immediately moving things? Just wondering.

11 Scott March 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

i was there driving through it but i doubt i can be of help. me and my friends had a good idea of what happened. the motorcycle must of been trying to speed through the light and a car hit the gas on the other corner as soon as their went green, the motorcycle mustve seen it and tried to pull back causing the motorcycle to go on its side he mustve slid into that car and hit the tire or the axle because it knocked the back left tire off and totally dented the area around the tire space. it was a SUPER expensive bike too. like i said i doubt i could be of any help because i was just one of the thousands in traffic shortly after that crash but if you know what info they are looking for mr mayor please let me know, i can give them what i have however i was NOT an eyewitness

12 Scott March 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

it was DEFINITELY only a 2 car accident and its hard to say whose at fault but the fact that the tire popped off the axle on that car and how it was dented and how the motorcycle looked after the crash im telling you he slid into that tire going very fast and shot it off he mustve

13 KenInConcord March 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Scott—– you are very Shap and obviously have excellent attention to detail and a really clear understanding what happen.

He ” mustve” hit the car so hard it made all the traffic signals disappear from the intersection.

I wonder how long till they are replaced…

14 KenInConcord March 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM

-All I can say is “rainbow sprinkles! Flying in the air”

Who can tell me what that is from????

15 SF Citygirl March 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Rainbow Brite?

16 KenInConcord March 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM

It’s from Eddie Murphy 1978, a comedy skit about people talking about accidents as if they saw it all happen, when in reality they walked up long after the fact”.

A little flash back humor for the over 50 crowd…

17 christrine mccoy March 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

My daughter and I drove past this terrible/sad accident at about 4:00,,it looked like it had just happened . We saw only the motorcycle and the car. The paramedics were working on getting the motorcyclist onto a stretcher and the other firefighters were working on getting two people out of the car. We did not see any other cars involved. As we crossed Oak Grove they were just closing off Treat Blvd.

18 M500 March 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ha @Kenln ~
Yes, there is no light there. Even if I had not driven past the accident, a quick look at Google Maps could confirm that. I still think the vehicle attempted to turn left onto Treat (east bound towards Oak Grove) from Bethany Dr. The motorcycle (which someone said was traveling west bound as it was claimed to be at the Oak Grove stop-light) probably clipped the back end of the left turning car, threw the rider off, dumped the bike in the west bound lane, while the car spun from the impact, ending up half in the east bound lanes, pointing back in the direction it had come from. I am not an eye witness, but drove by before the ambulance had got to the rider who was about 25′ ahead of the crashed bike on the westbound side, on his back (or stomach?). The car still in the east bound lanes. There was no one in the drive seat, but a young man was squatting next to the open passenger door.
Will someone please post when the actual facts come out? If it was a left turner, I hope it’s a grim reminder to always look twice and proceed with caution when pulling out or crossing traffic lanes, as well as a reminder to all riders to follow the posted speed limits, drive defensively, yada yada.
How is everyone by the way?

19 claytonraider March 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Just looks like a little old lady happen to make a left turn in front of a speeding motorcycle. Not the first time. Glad the rider survived.

20 bryan March 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM

hes a close personal friend. people are quick to speculate, but lets let the facts speak for themselves. ive known him for 25 years, he a great safe rider. respectfully, – B

21 christine mccoy March 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

bryan , i hope your friend will be okay.
take care

22 J March 26, 2012 at 7:45 AM

The rider is my ex brother in law, he is in very serious condition in the icu. Hopefully he has the strength and care to pull thru.

23 M March 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I was practicing when this happened. You could here the bike then suddenly brake. Apparently the car was turning out making a left and the bike turned the car all away around. I was told that he was going 70 or so…