“The Jungle” in the Willows Shopping Center – Robbed at Gunpoint

November 4, 2011 · 24 comments

A masked man armed with a gun robbed “The Jungle” in the Willows Shopping Center in Concord at about 10:30pm, according to a source from within the Concord Police Department.

The suspect forced to manager to the ground, then stole money from the office, according to the source.

The suspect is described as an unknown race male, about 5’7″ with a black jacket & black pants.

Concord Police are currently searching the area for the suspect.

1 Brother C November 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM

They may have em

2 CLAYCORD.com November 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM

No, they captured another robber. Two robberies happened at almost the exact same time.

3 Brother C November 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Oh ,Just tuned in the scanner, Thanks

4 Y November 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Who robs the jungle?

5 M November 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hmmmm……..Poachers?

6 funny man November 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM

wasnt me i swear! thats kinda funny.. not funny man funny, funny haha err umm funny. i was jus THERE! cravin a quiznos samwich and went at 8pm (not knowin when they close unfortunately) they were already almost done packin up for the night… no carbonara fer me!!
cant say i was near monument tonite tho.. (was last night for some jack in the box) DANG! i been craving carbs/protien since i been hittin the gym again.

7 Sammygfunk November 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

W-t-f So wrong…

8 anonanonagain November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

What kind of scumbag robs a place that is mostly for small children??? Take him out to the Delta and give him a nice cold bath…….

9 sami November 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Tht is so crazy i was going to take my kids there today but something came up last minute. Thank god. Who does tht really I hope they catch the s.o.b.. what is wrong with people theses days. Smdh.

10 Axl Rose November 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Welcome to the jungle baby!

11 Brother C November 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Nots so fast cpd , by the congrats on the capture on monument, But was not there an officer all day at the willows today, had his hers car hit.
Just Sayin

12 Diahanne November 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM

We had just left the jungle at 10pm, we were the last ones out! Crazy!

13 Randome Task November 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM

man i need to make a macro…… every post now is about someone robbing somewhere or someone running from the police and takeing out regular folks. The city is reduceing cops and releaseing inmates duh get used to it …there is a radius around monument blvd that is being robbed everyday now…. i would put a 10 mile radius around monument and avoid it….unles u want to get robbed

14 anon November 5, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Sounds like the “Occupy” are starting to roll into town.

15 Sounds like November 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

An inside job or friend of a friend or family member. Why wasn’t it locked up? I’m guessing that at 10:30 at night that it would be closed. I mean who takes their kids that late? So again, why wasn’t it locked up?

16 KC November 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I agree….sounds quite fishy. Hopefully the camera system was working. That place has gone down hill since the original owners and management left.

17 Cowellian November 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM

The good news is that all the electrical outlets are still intact.

18 Jungle Employee November 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I wasnt working the night of. However, I know our closing procedures. The manager was probably counting our drawers (we close at 10pm & lock the doors then which makes me wonder?) and hopefully thats all he took and didnt get to the safe. Everybody is okay though. And as for KC’s comment about the original owners leaving, they havent left. Hes a very rich man who happens to be extremely greedy with the thousands of dollars he makes in a week.. He visits our 3 locations like twice a year and refuses to give us money we need for the kids to play safely and have a great time. It forces us to jack all of our prices up on food and tokens horribly. And our management is doing the very best they can to deal with what they are handed. I gotta give them props, along with all the other enslaved employees.

19 Craig Cannon November 5, 2011 at 12:29 PM

#18 I hate to tell you but my Wife and I helped open the Jungle in 1994. The original owners were different. It was a limited partnership. The primary folks were John and Mark, who were developers. The business was sold to a person named Olivier, back about 2004. My Wife and crew was dismissed shortly after. In those first 10 years, The Jungle was the happiest, most enjoyable place for employees, and their families alike. The owners would have parties, picnics, and even in our case, fly us to exotic destinations. It’s sad to hear of this decline. Hopefully things get better for all. A customers experience starts with happy employees. It’s difficult to imagine the doors being accessible at that late hour.

20 ikslightofhobo November 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM

well spoken craig

21 Former Jungle Employee November 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM

“A customer’s experience starts with happy employees.”

I worked at the jungle in 2007 and it was by far the worst experience I’ve ever had. The supervisors were completely unfair to the employees. One in particular, I don’t remember his name (the bigger guy), would get in our faces and scream at us due to how stressed he was when it would get busy. Instead of training their employees on how to correctly run and work different areas, they would just throw us in and get mad at us when we messed up or had no clue what we were suppose to do. They played favorites a lot. They were always hiring, and every time they hired someone new, they fired/stopped scheduling an employee who’s been working there. The management was just all around messed up.

As for the robbery itself, it does sound a bit fishy. The Jungle closes at 10pm. I used to work right up until the hours of close, once the last customer walks out, the doors are locked while the remaining employees clean and the drawers are being counted. The fact that the suspect was able to get into the place at 10:30 and the last customer commented above that she left at 10pm, sounds a bit fishy. They do have surveillance, although I’m not sure if it’s recorded or not.

22 I agree November 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I so agree w/ #15. It is most likely and inside job.

23 Jungle Employee November 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

To the other Jungle Employee,
Its good to know we arent the only ones who get treated badly. And I know who you are talking about, he was very rude and is now replaced with an even ruder woman.

To Craig,
I wasnt aware of this, thank you for telling me. Oliver is a horrible man.

24 Sir lok November 6, 2011 at 5:21 AM

But were all of doors closed? I drove by with my wife earlier as we were on our way to dinner and noticed no windows were down and doors in tip top shape, no forced entry? Maybe an experianced lock picker? Seems fishy. My guess #15 inside job. Hope the cameras work and record. Its a real disapointment to rob a place meant for kids