Dan Ashley, Rockin’ & Rollin’ in Todos Santos Plaza on Thursday evening

September 9, 2011 · 9 comments

What a guy! Dan Ashley, who is a news anchor at ABC7 in San Francisco, was singing with his band “Push” last night in Todos Santos Plaza, and from what we heard, he was really good.

It’d be fun to see “Push” in a sing-off with the “Eyewitness Blues Band” from CBS5! Somebody should coordinate that event. Seriously, we’d promote the heck out of that on Claycord, especially if it was for charity.

To listen to Dan Ashley sing a few tunes, check out Push’s website.

Thanks to Radar for the photos from last night’s concert!

1 Oh, Ashley!!! September 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I ran on a treadmill next to Dan at “the gym”; we tied.

Let’s jam!!!

2 ondeafears September 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Oh dear. I just can’t look at him as a singer. It just looks weird. But if he enjoys it more power to him!!

3 Pied September 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Dan is such a class act. I want to thank all those who came out to see him and support PUSH. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-with-PUSH/153120731425534

4 Horse'n Around September 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I was Dan’s very first interview way back when. There were some puppies that were dropped off at my grooming shop with chemical burns on them. Never been on TV before, it’s true what they say about how the TV puts on 10-30 pounds on you. Thank God I don’t look like that anymore. Wow how times has changed.

5 Not Gomer Pyle September 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

It was a fun concert. Dan’s a cutie! He was less of a “boyscout” and more entertaining than I’d expected. ;)

6 Radar September 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Dan is a class act. After the concert I bought the album and sounds just as good! Id love to see a battle of the TV station bands The Eyewitness Blues band and Push battle it out. Are there any more TV station bands out there? I dont belive that the rest of the Push band has TV people on it.

7 anonomous September 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I agree Radar that would be fun!!!! Could we get them do do it in Concord? A reader here could win to be a surprise judge LOL How fun and make money for anything to do with kids

8 Lari September 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Not bad! I met Dan once – a friend of ours was married/had reception at Dan’s house. I think they knew each other from church/not sure, but I recognized the pool/stage in one of the pics on his site because that’s where the band played at the wedding. Also in the pics on the band’s website, I cracked up when I saw the grey longhaired cat in some of the shots – ‘Princess’. She has followed me on my weekly walks on the Clayton trails. Does anyone know Princess?

9 Radar September 10, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Lari, Dan’s house is good place for a wedding. Ive been to his house for a couple of functions. Its very beautiful that’s for sure!