Two Clayton Valley High School grads land new show on Comedy Central

March 29, 2011 9:33 am · 40 comments

Two Clayton Valley High School graduates have a new show coming out on Comedy Central called “Workaholics”.

Blake Anderson & Kyle Newacheck will both be starring in and Newacheck will be directing the new television show.

View the video above to learn more about the new show.

Good luck to Kyle & Blake, and thanks to “James” for the tip!

Just because you’ve left college doesn’t mean you can’t take the party with you. For three post-grad pals trying to make their way in the real world, the revelry continues all day and night, whether they’re in their office cubicles grinding out a paycheck or back at their house partying it all away! Blake Anderson, Adam Devine and Anders Holm star in “Workaholics,” COMEDY CENTRAL’s newest half-hour scripted series, premiering on Wednesday, April 6 at 10:30 p.m.

From the minds of the hilarious and irreverent Internet sketch group Mail Order Comedy, “Workaholics” is a single camera comedy featuring three friends who work together as telemarketers from 9 to 5 and live together from 5 to 9. Dress codes, deadlines and waking up before noon are not things these guys are used to. They do their jobs and sometimes they even do them well, but they show up late, leave drunk and always live for the day…even if they don’t know what day it is. Co-created by Mail Order Comedy’s Blake Anderson, Adam Devine, Anders Holm and Kyle Newacheck and 5th Year’s Dominic Russo and Connor Pritchard, the series stars Anderson, Devine and Holm and is directed by Newacheck and Chris Koch (“Modern Family”). Kevin Etten serves as the show runner.

In the premiere episode, Adam, Blake and Anders are confronted with the ultimate test of their delicate work-life balance when they arrive at the office after a weekend of partying to learn that they and their colleagues will be subject to a random drug test being given that afternoon. Knowing they have absolutely no chance to pass the test, and faced with being fired and losing their only source of income, the guys are forced to use their cunning and creativity to come up with some last-ditch ideas to beat the test and save their jobs.

Launching in March, the “Workaholics” Web site will feature a wealth of video content including, show clips, exclusive video, cast interviews and behind-the-scenes action. The guys will also be active on Twitter (Anders, Blake, Adam, Kyle) and Facebook where fans will be able to communicate with them throughout the season. In addition, mobile will feature a WAP site loaded with video content and periodic SMS challenges.

The “Workaholics” episodes will be available in HD the day-after-air on iTunes, Xbox/Zune, Playstation and Amazon. The first episode of the season will launch on these platforms on Thursday, April 7.

{ 40 comments }

1 MissMelyssa March 29, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Awesome. Love reading about uplifting stories from CV grads. Go Ugly Eagles!

2 kay March 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM

cool! i knew both of them. best of luck to you guys! (:

3 Cuppa Coffee March 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM

No thanks.

4 Greg March 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Looks like a complete waste of time.

5 real March 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

These guys deserve this incredibly!!!!! HILARIOUSLY FUNNY, give it up for locals doing it big! Kyle and Blake will make you fall over laughing….EVERYTIME!

6 real March 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM

If you write something negative about two local grads doing something great with their life, you’re pathetic.

7 Dragon March 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

It’s not my cup of tea, but it looks like it’ll fit in well with other contemporary comedy shows. Best of luck to both of them – may Workaholics become the next The Office!

8 Stacy March 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM

What class year were these two in?

9 David Molstad March 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

The two local graduates may very well have a great deal of talent. I only wish they would have shown some here.

10 Mr. Anon E. Mouse March 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Truly disturbing show! hehe, so it’s perfect for the gen x & y degens in the audience! ;)
Crude humor is not my thing but it looks funny all the same. Best of luck to these guys!

11 Yawner March 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Yawn Fest

12 P-HILL LOVE March 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM

@ GREG:
reading your comment was a complete waste of time….

thats awsome CV boys!!! GOOD JOB!!!! what year did they graduate??

13 Living in Claycord March 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Nice to see a couple of local guys make good. Can only wish them the best. And a scripted show is usually much better than that “reality” crud that gives us the likes of the Kardashians, Snooki and The Situation.

14 Insidious J March 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM

The show may not be some peoples cup of tea or type of humor for that matter. But as Richard Pryor said, “Do the people laugh, do you get paid? Then whatever makes the people laugh and gets you paid… Say that stuff.” Some will enjoy it. Some won’t. I know these guys personally and my hat is off to them.

15 anon March 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM

LMFAO…I can’t wait to watch this!!! BAAAAHHAHAHAHA!!!

16 barf March 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Duuuuuuude! It’s a damn good thing I’m busy on Wed and Thurs eves.

17 MBA March 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Some of it was funny, some of it wasn’t. Regardless, I wish them the best of luck.

18 Blah blah blah March 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I think they were class of 2002

19 real March 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM

David Molstad you are pathetic, after yesterday’s moronic posts about pj’s being the lowest low in society you surely don’t have a brain or a sense of humor……Leave or shut up.

20 Connie Dobbs March 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Their parents must be so proud.

21 hewhoiscalledj March 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Awesome. Another CVHS success story and I hope these guys take it to the top… I suppose that means besting the South Park creators but these Ugly Eagles seem to have the charisma and creativity to pull it off. Congrats fellas!

Not too long ago, we heard another success story in the form of a CVHS graduate who produced a Grammy winning country song. Gotta say I’m very proud to have graduated from CVHS (“94!) It was a great school and I can only hope that it stays that way…

22 GoGo Gomez March 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM

ROFLMAO I can’t wait!

23 Shaundra March 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM

CONGRATS to Blake & Kyle!
I remember them in drama & improv (I think?) at CV!
Yay!

24 Concordanon March 29, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Best of luck to Kyle and Blake. It’s good to see CVHS grads make the big time. Go Ugly Eagles!

25 MissMelyssa March 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM

@hewhoiscalledj – ’95 here! And I absolutely enjoyed my time at CVHS. But I hear that the school has really changed, and not really towards the better. Seems like when we were in school, it was much safer and our teens weren’t involved in (or not as much) criminal activity. So when I hear of positive things coming out of CVHS it brings a smile to my face.

26 Insidious J March 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM

It was class of 2002. Critics lack creativity, that’s why they’re critics.

27 no thanks March 29, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Good for them, hope it’s a success.

But as someone who loves stupid humor like Airplane and Anchorman, that was some pretty not-so-funny stuff. And too bad they think they have to follow along, with the “in” thing these days in “comedy” is to work in multiple references to balls/boners. Pass.

28 Ha ha March 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM

@19 (real), could have not said it better myself!

I wish them the best of luck with their show.

29 @ Dragon #7 March 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM

No, The Office has actual humor. This show will appeal mainly to the college hipsters who think The Daily Show is actually “the news.” And Parks & Recreation is now much better than The Office.

30 Teacherman March 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Blake and Kyle were in my U.S.History class at Pine Hollow Middle School,glad to see them exposed to the world,good luck guys,I’ll be watching you! Mr.Q

31 Atticus Thraxx March 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Looks like the kinda of silly adolescent crap that usually makes me laugh. I’ll check it out. Thanks for the heads up Mayor.

32 ch March 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

these guys are hella funny! i didnt know they were from this area i found them a few years ago on youtube… they are called mailordercomedy

33 Reno 911? March 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Isn’t one of the guys from Reno 911 also from Concord?

34 S. March 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM

There are more than just a few people from Pine Hollow / CVHS who ended up in the entertainment industry –

Michael Gaiser (’94)
Awesome guy, very talented and funny. Had me laughing to tears in drama class numerous times.

Alex Nice (’97)
Seriously talented artist. I first met him in middle school and knew even then that he would do something amazing with his life. Check out his website @ alexnice.com

Colleen Watson and John Brown were both class of ’97 and ended up working as stand up comedians. Didn’t know either of them very well, but kudos for all their hard work.

I’m sure there are more and I’ll think of them later, but you get the idea. It’s nice to see friends doing something special with their lives. :)

Oh, and I think you can search on IMDB somewhere to see people who were born in Concord/Clayton. I’m sure Tom Hanks isn’t the only one on that list.

35 Michelle March 30, 2011 at 10:10 AM

My kids are both at CVHS, one in Arts Academy and the other in Engineering. yes, the school has some serious issues, but the Academy kids are all really great. And so are the Academy teachers. I love that these 2 are making it big and hope CVHS continues to shine!

36 :) March 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM

That’s awesome. I think Blake is the gas station guy on Stoplight or whatever it’s called after Raising Hope on Tuesdays. I’m a proud CV Grad (’00)! Go Eagles :)

37 anon March 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Congrats to the two Clayton Valley Ugly Eagles! Great job and well-deserved. Good luck with this and all of your future endeavors. (As a mom I have to hope that your next project won’t be about drunken young men cutting the corners of good taste and maturity. A comedy about teetotalling Nobel Prize Winners trying to make the world a better place won’t work?)

38 sweet! March 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I had English class with Blake at Clayton Valley…..it looks like he’s still up to his old tricks. I can’t wait for the show!!!

39 seranda burton March 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Congrats guys! thats amazing lol….i graduated from cvhs in 2006 and i knew kyle and his family since childhood, awesome people!

40 $#@%(@ April 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Blake and Kyle are both good friends of mine. They went straight to LA after graduating high school and they worked their asses off to get to where they are now.

You haters up above might think their show is stupid or not funny or whatever, but consider this: They’re living their dream, and (presumably) getting paid a lot of money for it and you’re sitting at home posting comments on a blog.