Ricky Fisher is gone from Concord, and now lives in a California State Prison

September 30, 2010 14:27 pm · 64 comments

Ricky Fisher, one of the “13 drunkards of CLAYCORD” who hangs out in the area of Clayton Road & Thornwood Drive, has been convicted of stealing a bike from K-Mart, and will spend at least the next year-and-a-half behind bars.

Sgt. Bill Roche with the Concord Police Department tells us about the case….

Ricky was convicted after a jury trial for stealing a bicycle from K-Mart earlier in the year. Ricky was sentenced to three years in state prison; however, he will be eligible for half time credits which means he will at least have to serve 50% of his sentence.

The evidence in the case included surveillance video of Ricky walking out of the store with the bicycle and riding away on it.

Fisher has been arrested dozens of times for cirmes such as felony assault, theft, drunk in public etc.

This prosecution by the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office will likely save the Concord Police Department thousands of dollars over the next year-and-a-half, so great job to them for not letting him go with a slap on the wrist.

Also, thanks to the Concord Police Department, especially Sgt. Bill Roche, who is really working hard to try and clean up the Treat & Clayton Road area. If you haven’t noticed, it’s looking much better.

1 leave them alone September 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM

LEAVE THE DRUNKARDS ALONE.

THEY DO NOT HURT ANYBODY!!

A YEAR AN A HALF, BECAUSE HE NEEDED A BIKE? WHAT A JOKE.

2 Mr. Mayor September 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM

They don’t hurt anybody? You must have forgotten about this story….

3 StartingFresh September 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I think its a great thing that CPD is cracking down! where they really need to move there focus is the Pic’N’Pac by Petsmart on Willow Pass. There are heards of these transients that hang out there all day! I have a toddler that is almost 2 and I hate walking in my neighbor hood due to there harrassing remarks! Not to mention the fear that i have that one of their malnurished dogs are going to get off leash and try and come after me! (i only say this as i have seen one of the dogs get taken by animal services for biting a 2 year old in the petsmart parking lot). Keep cleanin up the city CPD!!!!

4 Ian September 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Yeah, and stop yelling.

5 Cowellian September 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Bravo Zulu, CPD!

6 SK September 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Sgt. Roche is one of the good officers at CPD. As the Mayor says, he has worked really hard to clean up that part of Concord, and has been diligent in pressuring the DA’s office to press charges whenever possible against the drunks out there. It is too bad that Ricky will only spend half of those three years put away.

Sgt. Roche, if you read this, please know that a lot of people are grateful to you for all your efforts!!! Now, can you get to work on Mitch? :)

7 anonomous #1 September 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM

As I have said before, I’ve lived on BelAir for five plus years, they haven’t bothered me or my kids, sure a couple of them are worse than the other three or four, but you leave them alone and they leave you alone. No one is prefect and to any of you that think you’re above living with this around you…..you better think again, I recently saw an older homeless lady in downtown Walnut Creek. They are everywhere!!!

8 Billy September 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM

So now he’ll get free room and board thanks to us, the taxpayers.

He’s going to live better there then he ever did on the streets of Claycord…well almost better because he won’t have booze.

9 Moneypenny September 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I can speak from experience of the hard work and dedication that Bill Roche puts forth in his job everyday. He is top notch!!!
As for Ricky Fischer, this problematic cretin tried to steal my baby jog stroller a couple of years back. My 3 year old son and I had just walked from my home to Starbucks on Clayton and Treat where I parked my stroller outside. I ordered my drink and sat down with my child, when one of the kind workers said , ” that guy is taking off with your jog stroller!!”
If it weren’t for their quick thinking, that scoundrel would have added it to his “collection” or more than likely sold it for drug and alcohol money.

10 observer September 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Billy, you are an ass. You have no clue what it means to get this dirtbag off the streets because it was only a matter of time until he killed someone, probably even one of his :”buddies”. Would you rather have Fisher out on the street to harrass you or your family?

Sgt. Roche has been working on getting him put away, along with others for a long time, and this was even after the Valley Field office closed.

Starting Fresh – there are many warrants out for the arrests of probably some of the transients that you see in your area.

Kudos to Sgt. Bill and his officers.

11 Smokey September 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Comment #1 You are a total ASS … He went into a place of business and with priors committed a theft ….Duhhh …needed a bike ? are you frikn serious? you are an idiot and probably one of the 13 down at kinkos usin the computer or sumthn ! …

12 MissMelyssa September 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM

First thing that came to my mind was that now he’ll have a roof over his head and 3 meals a day. Is this punishment for him, or a relief for the citizens?

13 Dr. Big Mike September 30, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Addition runs rampent in our society. It is unforntunate that the Claycord Drunkards do not care to have thier additions treated.

14 not a Mitch fan September 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM

SK – It is my understanding that Mitch has been in County jail for several weeks now on charges of trespassing and being drunk in public (surprise, surprise). It would be great if he could join his buddy, Ricky, in the big joint in San Rafael.

15 hypocrates September 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM

He probably did it so he COULD receive room and board for awhile. Probably tired of being on the streets. While I agree that any person committing a crime should be prosecuted…why not arrest all of those illegal aliens who are “illegal” as well? Isn’t that a crime?

Judging by my travels around the town they can’t be too hard to find.

16 9 deuce daisy September 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM

State prison is not better living than on the streets. I wonder where his first WP tattoo will go?

17 Feckin Irish Mouse September 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Starting Fresh
I noticed the same thing when I make my Saturday treks to PetsMart. Concord has a serious problem with drunken bums and it needs to be dealt with. Add this to the blight/loiterers on Monument and we do not make a very good “first impression” on those visiting our City.
Yep Concord where bums and loiterers come first

18 Anonymous September 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Who are the other 12 Drunkards?

19 GidgeMo September 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Sooooooo Glad! I work in that neighborhood at the local starbucks and he is without question a serious problem! I hat the fact that we as taxpayers will be paying for his federally sponsored vacation, but happy that I wont have to deal with him on a daily basis for a while! Thanks CPD!

20 Concord Momma September 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Sgt. Bill Roch, thank you! Our community appreciates your hard work to make the city a safer place.

21 Concordanon September 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Thank you, Sgt. Roche! Ricky Fisher is a menace to society. I live in the area he frequented and I am very glad he will be in jail for a while.

22 KenInConcord September 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM

My big SUV will seat 8 adults.  I will be willing to take 7 of his buddies to see Ricky during the Sunday visits.

Folsom State Prison
Pelican Bay State prison
Rock Mountain
San Quentin State Prison
Sierra Conservation Center
Wasco State Prison

You all go ahead and visit your friend, I’ll wait right here in the parking lot until your done.  Really promise…..

KenInConcord

23 observer September 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Anonymous #1 – you have been very lucky, because they do not always “leave you alone”.

hypocrates – I doubt that he wanted to have quite THIS much “room and board” for quite so long. Usually, these guys just want to be arrested for an over-nighter for a free meal and a cot, and then it’s back on the streets to continue their havoc with the public. Without his booze to give him that extra fighting power, he will most likely become a lil’ mouse in the corner unless he wants to get his ass kicked by the really big guys.

24 anon September 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Is that Ricky on the left side of the picture?

25 JR in Concord September 30, 2010 at 5:26 PM

In other news today.. Olde English Malt Liquor went bankrupt. Clayton rd sees a double digit drop in crime. Concord police now have record amounts of time on their hands.

26 Leagle Beagle September 30, 2010 at 5:28 PM

How much hard time did Rickey serve for the 2009 battery cases?

27 Billy September 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Observer (#10),

There’s no need for name calling, unless you’re insecure about something…probably something about yourself.

The truth is, he’s going to be living the high life and NO, I would not like to have him on the streets. I’m simply stating that whether he’s on the streets or in jail, he’s costing us taxpayers money and he’s probably happy he’s going to jail. You must not care or pay taxes.

ASS!

28 Pleasant Jenny September 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

He scared the heck out of me and my kids when I used to live and shop in that area several times. Yes, he will get three meals a day and he will have no choice but to sober up. I will gladly help pay for that! Locking up dangerous people like Ricky Fisher is why I pay taxes. (The other cr** my taxes get spent on is for another blog board) Congrats and thank you to Sgt. Roche.

29 Anon September 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

What are cirmes?

30 About time! September 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I was wondering why the homeless have been “quiet” around Newhall Park. the 13drunkards are still 13, that homeless woman who zonked out at burger king counts.

So ricky fisher is in jail, great!

My question: WHAT HAPPENED THE THREE STRIKES LAW??
The DA should have gone after that from the very beginning!
fisher would be in jail for 25 years! All the crimes he’s committed
easily warrants 3 strikes!

One poster long ago wrote that if you cut off the snakes head, the snake dies. fisher’s gone.. his posse is dormant.

I hope they cut his hair off in jail!!!

31 Steve September 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM

#15 Hypocrites,

I’m with you 100% on the illegal immigrants thing, however it seems that being here illegally isn’t a really a crime because being a “racist” is apparently worse.

32 inmotion September 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM

With Ricky gone what are you going to do with your self Mayor?

33 warbirds45 September 30, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Thank you Officer Roche, the CPD does an outstanding JOB! While the other 12 are passed out, I will buy 12 bikes from K-mart, and lay one next to each of Ricky’s future inmate!

34 observer September 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Billy – sorry, but you will not hook me into the “insecurity” thing. Do you honestly feel that he will be living the “high life”? He will be the low piece of shit on the totem pole, so don’t think he will be “happy” going to the “big joint” versus the local jail where they have had to put up with his crap for years.

It’s probably a “wash” as to how much it will cost us taxpayers to incarcerate him over the long haul.

I speak from experience having had numerous encounters with this piece of scum; obviously you have not had the same wonderful, long-lasting memories. I care ,and pay taxes, and am thrilled that he is going on to bigger and more enlightening places, thanks to Sgt. Roche.

35 mm September 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Great that he is locked up, but wasn’t he the known, wanted felon walking our streets for years(know by the cops) but never picked up?

36 Lee White September 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Thank you, Concord PD! Great job.

37 Maybe he will make the best ... September 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM

…of this opportunity, and finish up his Masters Degree and start a solid career with Chevron.

38 observer September 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

about time and mm – Fisher has not committed any felonies, therefore, the 3 strikes argument does not apply.

39 George Miller Fan September 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I think that he should be given another chance and put in a community based program with counselling. Prison will just make him worse. If we would legalize drugs he wouldn’t be in trouble like this.

40 2BITS September 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I am glad he is gone. And for all you people worried about cost to us taxpayers…where can I send a check. Pick up a few more and maybe I will again give my business to the Clayton Road merchants. I personally have had a couple of experiences with Ricky and I have never gone back to the businesses that I was at. I know it is not their fault but see ya.

41 hawkmid September 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Yay 1 of 13 is off clayton rd now let’s lock up the other 12. To all of you that say they don’t hurt anybody well let’s just think about where do they get the money our taxes right?

42 2BITS September 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM

George Miller Fan:
Have you not been reading Claycord for the past three years as I have? Too late. Thank you Mayor. You have no idea how much I depend on you for local news. I do have a heart and feel for these people and am gratefull for what I have but what more can we do?

43 Pleasant Jenny September 30, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I’m with you 2BITS. Can go back to IHOP again. woohoo!

44 lewis925 September 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM

lets save space in prison for the molestors, kidnappers, murderers etc not the bike stealers of the world, obviously the felony battery case had problems otherwise he would of been sentenced to prison for that?
oh yeah and at least when he returned to concord he can ,move back into his house and get his job back, what i bet nothing changes,

plus level one in state prison, day care guaranteed, he will be classified lowest once he makes it through intake,
wont sober up. wont change, lifer, will be back to clayton road
guaranteed

45 anon September 30, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I’ll bet he will be out in about 6 months or less.

46 anon 103 September 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM

To StartingFresh: Go back to school learn how to spell.

47 Oh Boo Hoo September 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM

To #37 – Working at Chevron? Didn’t you hear? they’re laying off long employed people now, to escape paying benefits. Oh wait, don’t they call it something else these days?

48 Groovy Grandma September 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I lived on Glazier Dr for 8 years – moved up to the Gold Country but still own my house there. These losers are an embarrassment. They act like they own the area, are obnoxious and intimidate folks. They aren’t smart enough to stay below the radar. Good riddance. Get rid of the rest and maybe our property values will go up – and the crime rate will go down.

49 GidgeMo September 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Most of these guys have families. Being on the streets is a choice, their choice! I just dont get it!

50 still anon September 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM

HOORAY!

51 NiteMom September 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM

While I am happy he is going to jail, it reminds me how ass backwards things are. He goes to jail for some time, yet celebrities like Lyndsey Lohan gets 30 minutes in jail.

I do think 3 years for bike theft from KMart is excessive though. He goes from living on a street to 3 square meals a day, a roof over his head, tv….blah blah. Face it, prison is better than living on the streets (ok, maybe not)

I am so proud of our PD though, they really are cracking down, its not their fault some of these asses get tossed right back on the streets.

Now dont forget to pay your taxes so we can make sure our “local drunk” gets his food!!

52 anon ph September 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM

The Cosa Nostra (aka Mafia) would go up to bums and un-wanted trash in the neighborhood and make it clear that they would be better off going somewhere else! Or else. Now, we live in a culture/society where you can’t tell someone “F***** BUM GET OUT OF HERE!”
Hence, they are all amongst us.
These people need medical and mental health assistance, and jail can fix their problems..of course we need to expand treatment there. Who closed the health clinics and mental institutions long ago?

53 Rockabilly October 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM

To hypocrates and Steve:
Really? So you can tell, just by looking who is an illegal alien and who isn’t? Sounds like someone got the short end of the draw when they were handing out super powers.

54 anonymous October 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM

So, Shi tte, When Ricky gets out he’s all better now, paid his debt and whatnot and he should get that graffiti-abatement job in Martinez?

55 CaliNative October 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM

@GeorgeMillerFan

He isn’t going to jail for drugs, he’s going to jail for being a thief. How would legalizing drugs help? He would still be homeless, he would still steal to get the drugs he wants, he would still harass people when they are trying to mind their own business. Like someone said above, some people choose this lifestyle. I knew a couple who lived under a bridge even though they were both making close to $20 an hour. They said they didn’t want a home and spent all their money on drugs. Legalizing drugs will not do anything but enable them to get their drugs easier.

56 jtkatec October 1, 2010 at 11:51 AM

EWWWW!! That poor officer had to touch him!!! EWWW!!!

EWWW. the smell inside of the car must have been awful. Now no self-respecting police dog will ride with those officers.

57 Concord Momma October 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Groovy Grandma – you know who I am, just so I don’t creep you out! (Your your granddaughter and my sons are friends back here in Concord) But I know those apartments right by your house in Concord and those gas stations were always shady to go towards, and your house was nice. I’m glad they got 1 off the street now for the others to go as well so your home gets the value it deserves!

58 ACC October 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Ah, those were the days when Don Lawson patrolled these mean streets. We love you Don.

59 tac October 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I THINK THIS GUY NEEDS MANDATORY RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT. JAIL DOES NOT TEACH AN ADDICT A LESSON. HE HAS TO LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH HIS DISEASE IN ORDER TO BE A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. THAT’S WHY EVERY TIME HE GOES TO JAIL HE REOFFENDS WHEN HE IS RELEASED. IT’S RUDE YOU HIMILIATE THIS GUY WHO IS OVIOUSLY ILL. WOULD YOU POST A CANCER PATIENTS PIC WHO WAS STEALING MEDICATION FROM A PHARMACY?

60 Anonymous October 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Addition may run “rampent,” but sadly, spelling does not.

61 Moneypenny October 1, 2010 at 3:42 PM

tac and others, Ricky Fisher and his ilk DO get the opportunity to dry out and get free counseling paid for by the taxpayers in prison. News for you, THEY don’t want to. You can’t force someone to sober up or get drug free when they CHOOSE to live this way. Some hit rock bottom and decide they need help, other’s have no rock bottom…….

62 Not Anon October 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM

@ Billy # 8

He will still have booze in prison. It is called Pruno and it is plentiful in the pen. He will also have heating and air conditioning, 3 hots and a cot. He will be living the suite life compared to what he has had on the streets. He will probably catch 115’s and 128’s just to keep from getting gated out too soon.

63 james hatte October 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM

They like hanging around drinking at the self serve car wash on Matheson. Harrassing people for dollars.

64 charlie October 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM

hes a good guy its messed up hes got to go for that petty of a thing
i hope the best for him