Pixieland’s President: Please Remove Our Photos & Logo Immediately

July 20, 2010 21:35 pm · 158 comments

Looks like somebody has a bad case of the Mondays Tuesdays!

This afternoon, we put a story up about half-price tickets at Pixieland, along with Pixieland’s logo. Well, apparently Pixieland didn’t like the free advertising, and wrote the following email to CLAYCORD.com and also to “The Frugal Find”, who, like CLAYCORD, had the story up on their blog.

Here’s the email from Pixieland President Cindy Brumley….

Mr. Mayor,

You do not have permission to print the Pixieland photos or logo on your site. Please remove it immediately.

Cindy Brumley, President, Pixieland Amusement Park

2740 E. Olivera Road

Concord, CA 94519

office 925-676-9612

email cindy@pixieland.com

No joke, this is for real, we don’t make these things up!

Sorry for trying to help, and I’m also sorry I just spent $50 at your establishment this past weekend.

And for those of you wondering, that is why we no longer have the story up on CLAYCORD.com.

UPDATE: I just received the following email from Pixieland President Cindy Brumley….

Mr. Mayor,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that this has caused such an uproar. Certainly not my intention.

My apology to you for my misunderstanding your intentions.

Our 50% off deal is our way of giving back to the community, our way of trying to do a good thing. Hopefully, your readers will be forgiving of an honest mistake.

Cindy Brumley

Apology accepted.

The email from Cindy came 7-minutes after the story was published on CLAYCORD.com.

{ 158 comments }

1 Julia @ The Frugal Find July 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I got 2 emails in response…

Julia,

I am so sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately, Cindy at Pixieland reacted to this prior to contacting us. I have clarified our process with her and she is terribly embarrased!

Please accept our apologies and thank you for all you do! This offer is doing terrific!

Stacy Hallett
Director of Strategic Partnerships
(925) 212-6606
Shallett@savvysource.com

2 replacer July 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I strongly advise replacing their logo with something vaguely offensive, such as pictures of starving Africans, or drunken homeless people. Leave the posts otherwise united.

Creating.

3 Julia @ The Frugal Find July 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Then Cindy emailed me….

You’re right and I apologize! I just verified with Savvysource that you are an affiliate. I didn’t know that before. It can be very dangerous to a business allowing the use of photos and logos, etc. A business should have a heads up on anything like this before it posts so that these types of misunderstandings don’t occur. My mistake could have been avoided had I known more about it. I did not mean to appear hostile and I am grateful to you for your attempt to do a good thing. Offering the half price deal is our way of giving back to the community and our attempt to do a good thing. I hope this misunderstanding will be forgiven by your readers.

Sorry again!

Cindy Brumley

4 spddrcr July 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM

and this surprises who? the place has been a dump for years.

5 replacer July 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Silly autocorrect. That was “cretins”

6 John July 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM

But… but SHE’s the President of Pixieland. How do you explain that on your résumé?

7 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Wow well she just cost herself alot of customers. I think she should personally write an apology letter to the both of you!!! What was she thinking anyway. She needs to go back to bed and wake up on the other side and rethink what she has said

8 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I’m very disappointed in their lack of appreciation. I purchased 4 of their ticket deals thanks to this site. I did plan on bringing my kids there this weekend. Now I’m going to see if there is a way I can cancel my transaction.

Give me a break people — it was FREE and GOOD publicity! I would give anything for that sort of advertisement for my husband’s business!

9 replacer July 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

No offense, cretin Cindy, but it really isn’t within your rights to tell someone not to both refer to you, and use an identifying.g image to do so – unless the reference is libelous or otherwise misleading.

Respect our rights above your silly authoritarian prerogatives. Thanks.

10 Radar July 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

That letter sounds so lame! I wont even go there for a photo shoot!

11 unanonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

apology not accepted…I definatly will stop taking my kids their…was too hostile for me ‘ol cindy…who pee’d in your corn flakes?..

12 ClaytonGal July 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Dear Cindy,

Damage is already done. And you look stupid.

I will not be going to Pixieland ever again.

PS: you used to be my landlord and you haven’t changed a bit. Very upity and rude.

ClaytonGal

13 anon July 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I”m sure it was all a huge misunderstanding. Every time I’ve taken the kids there, the staff has been overwhelmingly friendly! And if I’m not mistaken, their prices are a bit cheaper now than they were several years ago (at least the “adult ride-along” prices. Good place to spend an afternoon!

14 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Get off your high horse mr anonymous mayor. She wants it down, oblige her.

15 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

“It can be very dangerous to a business allowing the use of photos and logos, etc.”

what a moron.

16 MO July 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Excuse moi?
Where is the apology to CLAYCORD?

This is probably the most read missle in the Bay Area, and across the Nation, re: CLAYCORD.

roflol @ that kiddie park.
Where are the grown ups?

And I might have been able to write their genealogy, giving them some historical usefulness for the area.
roflololol……………this is really funny…ya know?

17 replacer July 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

So, say I have a big bushy Santa beard over my metallica shirt… would I be denied a ticket for one?

18 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I’m going to be telling people to avoid that shithole now if they mention going there. I have several friends with little kids and you know how word spreads.

19 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Cindy sounds like she is on a power trip! She should be embarrassed. She has no legal right to tell you not to post these things anyway, unless it somehow damages her business. Cindy has just caused WAY more damage to her business

20 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I’m not on a high horse, I was trying to do something nice for a business. A lot of readers wanted to know what happened to the Pixieland story, so I told ‘em.

Mayor

21 EdiBirsan July 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Looks like they have responded to the situation and are trying to get things smoothed over.

Having been involved in an intellectual property rights fight many years ago sometimes you can be really super sensitive on these things. I remember when I worked on the Babylon 5 card game that we were prevented from taking the game onto the Net which I thought was a natural course, because partially they were afraid of the new medium at the time and what it might mean for their license enforcements and rights.

22 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Pretty much the only good ride there is the Frog Hopper.

23 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

We will boycott this place, my three kids like this place but we will go somewhere else. You are doing great mayor

24 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Cindy just got an email from me — see how she likes it.

25 Emily July 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I was looking forward to taking my 2-year-old granddaughter to Pixieland when she visits for the first time, but it sounds so unfriendly I think we’ll have to pass.

26 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the bunnies at Pixie Playland? There have been bunnies running loose there for several years. They were there this past spring, adults and babies, then they all disappeared.

I have a feeling they were “disposed of”.

27 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM

These people are complete morons… This is who runs that place? What kind of idiot says it can be damaging to have their flipping coupon seen by tens of thousands of potential patrons?

Cindy should be fired…. She cant possible be smart enough to run the duck pond much less all of pixie land if they expect it to run like a business????

28 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Look Trish! There is a tea bagger ride!

29 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Such drama! It’s kinda funny :)

30 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Kinda ridiculous… do they go after yelp.com for bad reviews?
Do they stop parents from taking pictures there?
Will I be sued for saying “Pixieland management sucks”?

31 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Edi , not the samE at all!!

32 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Both of my kids have had their birthday parties at Pixieland for the last few years. We will not being going there this year. Anyone have any suggestions? The Oakland Zoo? At least they seem to appreciate their customers.

33 madmom July 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

OK..so she overreacted. These days people are very sensitive and kind of leery of the media. I won’t hold it against Pixie Playland. My kids loved it and now that their too old for the rides…we still go there for their terrific corn dogs. Hand dipped!
7 minutes…Mayor I do believe you made that girl jump!

34 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I am so happy to this, although I’m still not going there!

35 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

@Edi – the internet is hardly a “new medium” these days. I don’t think your situation and this situation are even close to being related.

36 Julia @ The Frugal Find July 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Mayor – Will you be responding to the email? Not sure it’s worth the effort.

37 hotdoggirl July 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Always gotta stir S#$% up Mayor! ;)

38 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Julia,

Negative.

Mayor

39 Get Real July 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Like any business. She screwed up, she cam back with an apology and now they will still suffer. In time it will all be forgotten. Stupid mistake, yes, but it does happen. Look at the bad press that Disneyland or any other amusement parks have had in the past and yet people still go there. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here and my opinion still stands. It will take more than an apology for me to go back.

40 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

HotDogGirl, this time is really wasn’t me! LOL

Nice seeing you on here again.

Mayor

41 Jeremy July 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM

“It can be very dangerous for a business to allow the use of it’s photos and logo without knowlege and it is always appreciated to have a heads up.”

How is it dangerous for a company to run a PROMOTION for your company using your approved advertisement? And how can you STILL claim “without knowledge” – apparently you did ZERO research before deciding to harass people who were promoting your deal.

Your apology is lame, and it simply proves that you really don’t understand what’s going on. Very sad.

42 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Holy Cow! It sounds like people are wanting this poor woman’s head on a stick! She immediately admitted her mistake in the follow up email, but no one seems to notice that part. Yes, her initial email was definitely NOT thought out and was completely knee-jerk, but she humbly and swiftly apologized!
The wolves have come out to prey on this woman’s business in the nastiest way….. saying that Pixieland is dirty, etc? Are you kidding? That place is always incredibly clean, the bathrooms are always fresh (there’s even a rocking chair provided for nursing moms!). The staff is friendly, the prices incredibly reasonable, and the special Easter event free and fabulous. I have been taking my kids there for over 8 years, and have never had a reason to complain.
As far as attacking her as a landlord– that is just ridiculous. I also have personal experience with the Brumleys as landlords, and for the 4 years that we lived in their apartments they were kind, responsive, and kept our living space & common grounds impeccable! Between my husband and I, we’ve had a lot of different landlords, and we both agree that they were the quickest to respond to any sort of need.
And the bunnies?!?! Implying that they are rabbit murders is just plain stupid. There are wild rabbits that live all over Concord (including near my busy downtown home). They come and go- they breed, the get hit by cars, the get eaten by dogs, then they somehow comeback. Come on, people! Just because someone makes a stupid marketing decision does not make them animal killers. I am falling off my chair laughing.
I do not, nor have ever worked for the Brumleys. I just wanted to speak up in their defense because all of my exchanges with them and Pixieland have always been 100% positive.
Take your kids to Pixieland! It’s a great place.

43 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I can understand if Mayor was being a jerk but he wasn’t and it was free, positive advertising. This kind of uppity attitude is so off-putting and I’ll make sure to avoid this place now.

44 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

She jumped the gun and has apologized. Anybody out there who hasn’t done the same thing once or twice? It is a fun place for the kids, let’s not let our adult bravado ruin it for them.

45 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

so mayor first u try to help pixe and all uve done is hurt them?? ya smart and it was a mistake people. everyone makes mistakes and i take my kids all the time and the employees are great there very friendly…

46 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Oh come on people. Not everyone spends their lives immersed in the internet. It’s still unknown territory for a lot of business people.

If Pixieland was fun before this, why deny your kid or grandkid that fun just to make a symbolic gesture of support to the Mayor.

47 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I didn’t hurt them, Cindy did.

48 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Did you see the paintings of pixieland at Trader Joe’s on Concord Avenue? They’re up on the wall – like a mural.

49 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Actually, her email wasn’t immediate. I sent her an email about 3 hours ago and published it on facebook about 3 hours ago, too.

50 anon July 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

great place for kids is Chabot Obs. in Oakland…great movies

51 Khaleesi July 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

While I typically don’t agree with a lot of what the Mayor says here (and think he could use a good copy editor on occasion), he’s well within his rights to use the image here. The image is on the internet and he’s not using it for monetary gain, therefore it falls under public domain law.

I haven’t been to Pixieland since I was little, over 20+ years ago, but I remember that place as being a craphole then. I can’t imagine paying $4 for a single ride there when Six Flags is so family affordable and includes rides these days.

Also, isn’t saying you’re the President of Pixieland kind of on par with being the owner of an ant farm? I’m not sure i’d -want- to sign my e-mails in that manner.

52 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

@John, 9:41 — that’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day. Thanks.

@anonymous 10:05 — close second place. Also funny.

53 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

This does leave a sour taste in my mouth. To me, it’s basically an extension of customer service and when customer service is obnoxious, then I avoid those businesses.

54 SSQ July 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Mr. Mayor,

It seems this is not your week…1st the Rally and now Pixie….I think if people read what is actually on Claycord they would think twice before they make negative remarks about the info you share with all of us. Please keep up the good work…

SSQ

55 Flo July 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I actually feel a little sorry for Cindy. It sounds like she’s from a very different generation than the rest of us, given her paranoid response to free online advertising. She also doesn’t seem familiar with how the whole cease and desist thing works. Her first call should have been to her boss to determine if any wrongdoing had occurred. I understand that she is overprotective because she works with children, but this way way more hostile than necessary. Kudos to you mayor, for trying to help Pixieland out.

56 Angela Clearlake July 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I don’t know what all the fuss is about, but Pixieland is my childrens’ favorite place to be! I have a great time there and in fact was just there today. My whole family and I had a blast (Including my 73 year old father!). The staff is extremely friendly, the park is neat and well kept, and the rides are absolutely great! Poor Cindy realized her mistake and apologized for it. I think its all time we quit roasting this poor children’s amusement park and moved on with our lives.

57 Jason @ REI Capital July 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM

This story and the comment thread here is really making me laugh. The Pixieland President must really be kicking herself. She must have had no idea how many local readers rely on and keep up with this site along with the Frugal Find.

Remind me never to mess with Claycord…

58 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM

SSQ, Don’t forget about the robbery story in Clayton. The main suspect’s father said he plans to sue me for a comment somebody wrote on my blog. Never a dull moment on CLAYCORD!

59 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM

She should have looked into it more but honestly you do not normally post positive stories, i can see how she could have misunderstood the situation. Either way people make mistakes… So it seems like if you already enjoyed the place it is a stupid reason to stop going.

There is always so much drama. I mean c’mon. There are pricks working at places all over the bay area.. Can you really boycott them all??

Btw do not go to the oakland zoo for birthdays! Terrible! Try super franks instead! =]

60 kookoo July 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Pixie land President???? hahahahahahahah
Is she from Danville? Many uptight women out there.

61 anonamom July 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM

My guess: S@&! still rolls downhill. She was told to write the apologies. I also imagine it is true that she is very embarrassed. Savvy Source casts a big shadow.

#46 @10:37….I’m also guessing she not only uses the Internet, but is well acquainted with CLAYCORD.

62 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM

cindy, you are a dumbass. when people give you free advertising you don’t complain that they are using your logo.

63 Mom July 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I went to Pixieland today after seeing your “Free advertising” that you posted about half price tickets. They were NOT selling half price tickets. You have to have a membership to a certain moms club and purchase tickets through them in order to get the discount. I would have asked you to take it down to had this been my business. I can just imagine how many unhappy customers they had today after finding out that you “Mr Mayor” posted incorrect information. I love this place. It’s clean and a great place to take my 3 year old. Admission is free and so is parking. I find pricing to be very reasonable. The staff is very friendly.

I cannot believe how unprofessional you and Julia at the Frugal Find have been. I also cannot believe how these people leave comments and slander Pixieland when they do not have all of their facts.

64 anonamom July 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

FLO:……what generation would that be? Mr Mayor never told me I was too old to comment. Dang girl! Look around. Gray birds can fly too.

65 SSQ July 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

OH, I forgot that one…You been in deep doo doo….LOL…

66 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Mom,

You should have read the post, and clicked on the link. It clearly stated you had to buy tickets from “The Savvy Source”, which is a website. Neither CLAYCORD, nor the Frugal Find ever said the half-price tickets were available at the door.

Mayor

67 Unhappy Past Tenant July 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Well, I think that this is karma on Cindy. I too was a past tenant and is she completely unreasonable. She read me the riot act on the phone about the condition of our place (even made me cry) and charged me unreasonable amounts for things she felt needed to be replaced versus reasonable wear and tear. Nonetheless, she gave me my notice to vacate a week after I spend hundreds of dollars for my kid’s party at Pixieland. Sometimes we reap what we sow.

68 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM

This is ridiculous. So many claycord readers are so quick to judge & follow Mr. Mayors opinion. Its almost scary. So what she played a bitch move.. Is it really the first time you have seen this?

People at Round Table drop food on the floor, cook it then serve it to you. Taco bell puts eye drops in your beverages to give you the runs. People have taken baths in burger king kitchen sinks, jack in the box has killed people by serving poisoned meat, the elephant bar was temporarily shut down for reserving food & even though i have never stolen a thing from safeway i have been humiliated on numerous occasions with accusations of theft. All of these businessrs are still thriving! Bussinesses are run by people.. People make mistakes… This is insane.

69 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Follow my opinion? I think everybody can think for themselves, nobody’s following my opinion on anything, and I’m not telling anybody to do anything.

Mayor

70 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM

heres an idea… i mean it has been working out sooo well for other things.. ok ready…. Protest Pixie playland. i didnt see ant copywrite on there image so i think your allowed to use it. and i am still not shocked

71 MO July 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM

WTG Pixieland.

72 anon July 20, 2010 at 11:28 PM

from a history of pixie:
Cindy Brumley bought the park in 2004. With meticulous attention to detail and safety, Cindy has ensured that Pixieland will remain a Concord tradition for years to come. We hope you’ll share in our tradition and make some memories that will last a lifetime.

73 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

How funny this story line is. I would bet that most of these people complaining have never been to Pixieland and have jumped on the bandwagon here just to complain about something. For the person who called the park a”craphole” , I wish they had given an explaination with facts. When I have been there the rides are clean, there is never trash on the ground. The snack area is always clean and the children and families always seem happy. I have a granddaughter in her late 20′s that I have taken to the park since she was old enough to sit on a merry-go-round. In this economy it is a bit expensive for us to take younger grandchildren and I am sad that I can’t take them as often.
But to the point of this discussion, the lady made a bit mistake and apologized for it, She has done what she needs to to change the outcome of her initial letter, for those of you that can’t “forgive and forget” try taking your kids to the Jungle in the Willows or try Chucky Cheese and see how much money you spend. Have at it. Good times are not cheap!

74 anon July 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

71- apparently her attention to detail isn’t that close.

next time, she should realize the free publicity is good

what is it this week – we have a “rally organizer” who didn’t want publicity for a public rally that she put in a public forum

now we have a owner/pres of an amusement park that doesn’t want free advertising.

looks like everyone should go back to marketing/bus 101 and take a refresher course.

also, “dangerous to use photos and logos” – um, this isn’t trade secrets at Apple and Microsoft…you are an amusement park (not disneyland) and this is a news blog..how dangerous could it get?

75 Mom July 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Mr. Mayor – You did state that Pixieland had half price tickets. In your second paragraph you had a link to The Frugal Find, you did not say that you had to purchase them from SavvySource. I didn’t click on The Frugal Find link because I don’t care for them. So yes maybe that was my fault but what you have done now is wrong.

76 Bob Freeman July 20, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Damn, people, get over it. “Protesting” the park will just make it go out of business and cost some Concord teenagers their seasonal jobs. It’s a nice little park- it’s not a “dump” at all, to the person who wrote that- and losing Pixie Playland would just be another thing about Concord that sucks, and there are already plenty.

77 anonamom July 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM

@ #68 11:19pm. Eye Drops? Whaaaat?
Wrongly accused of theft “numerous times”? Exsqueeze me!
Follow Mr. Mayor’s Opinion? Hunh? (He only rarely gives one).

So what is it that keeps YOU coming back? Yep, same thing that keeps us all coming back.

Drink up! Cheers.

78 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Maybe she jumped the gun with the e-mail, but it doesn’t change the fact that kids really enjoy going there. You guys are bashing the place just to bash it. THe place is clean, the bathrooms are clean, the park is bright and cheerful.

There was a misunderstanding. Get over it!

79 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 11:44 PM

80 Charlie July 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM

It’s doesn’t sound like you were trying help out. It sounds like you were trying to cause problems and you were the one that brought this to everyone’s attention.

81 Mr. Mayor July 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Charlie (Mom), stop using multiple names to make it look like people agree with you.

82 Anonymous July 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM

#70 here..wow you took my protesting comment seriously?…theres no need to protest a lil tiny place like that..if they want to lose a lot of business cause of claycord trying to help its there fault

83 Pro-Cindy July 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Get a life you morons…it was an honest mistake. Yeah the e-mail was rude at first, but all of you have no right to flood this lady’s e-mail with rude and hateful messages. She never did anything to any of you. Get off the computer for a bit and get a life people. People make mistakes and they’re forgiven. This has blown way out of proportion and I don’t think that e-mail that was sent back to the mayor with all of Cindy’s personal information should have been posted on claycord.com so all of you idiotic disrespectful people can harass her. You’re the ones that are hurting yourselves by not going back to pixieland and supporting your local business’. If you idiots want to go to small world in pittsburg and support the city of pittsburg instead of your own then be my guest. All of you just look unbelievably dumb right now.

84 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

All you people need to get over it! Who gives a shit? If she doesn’t want her logos posted, respect it. What do you care if she wants to “free endorsement” or not?

85 Mom aka Charlie July 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I’m not using multiple names to make it look like people agree with me. Clearly other people do agree and like (anonymous #73) said everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon. You did cause this mess for Pixieland because had you not posted Cindy’s e-mail and Julia from The Frugal Find had not posted her little comments none of this would be happening right now. Cindy took accountability for her actions now where’s yours.

86 Mr. Mayor July 21, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Don’t lie, you did use multiple names, I can tell from your IP address, I’m not an idiot.

Clearly you like Pixieland, and you hate to hear something bad about it. Bottom line is that I tried to do something nice for them, and they sucker punched me and Julia. I put the email from Cindy up because I was getting emails as to why the “Pixieland Post” was missing.

87 Sean Donton July 21, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I’ll be doggone! this s— has gone to far! even though I was fired last week I was going to grid my teeth and stuff my panic aand make sure my baby girl could still have a good time (I mean she should not be bothered with the fact that her old man is coming apart inside) and spend some money in there. not anymore! this is bulls–t! I HOPE YOU GET NO MORE CUSTOMERS IF THATS HOW YOU ARE!

88 Mr. Mayor July 21, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Sean, I hope you find a job really soon, I know exactly how you feel. Good luck.

Mayor

89 Sean Donton July 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Mr. Mayor,

We have our second child, Liam due in eight weeks I’ve never felt this bad before. Thank you for your kind words, and also for your journalistic prowess.

Sean

90 Mr. Mayor July 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM

You’re welcome, Sean.

Congratulations on Liam!! You’ll find something, don’t let it get you down. But, be sure to apply for unemployment now, because it takes a few weeks to process. You can do it online, too. It helps to get a check (even if it’s small) while you’re looking for work.

Why don’t you email me your resume and what kind of work you’re interested in. I can’t promise I’ll find you something, but I’ll definitely send it to somebody if I hear of any opening that you might be interested in.

Mayor

91 Bonnie Kick July 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I’ve known Cindy Brumley all her life . She is the reason we still have a children’s park in this city. She purchased the place and cleaned it up and has made improvements for the benefit of our children. Get off her back! She is a careful businesswoman. Common courtesy would get her permission to use her info in the press. I thoroughly enjoy this little newsy column on Facebook and I certainly don’t intend to stop reading the things you publish. It’s too bad that the extremists on both sides of this issue have made such a mountain out of a molehill. Don’t let this discourage you. Get a good night’s sleep and start fresh in the morning.

92 Sean Donton July 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Mr. Mayor,

Thank you so much! I’ll get that to you in the morning.

Thanks again,

Sean

93 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM

You tell them ananomom (64)

Age-ism is alive and well as usual.

I was writing programs and studying data structures while most of these posters were in diapers.

94 Radar July 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Sean, I’ve been unemployed way too many times. I know how its like. Hang in there. I’m not working myself exept for some part time journalism work and my UI ran out a few months ago.

95 Buck Million July 21, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I have no idea what could have been the mindset behind her disapproval of the Mayor promoting her business. It makes no sense whatsoever. Obviously her follow up apology still doesn’t explain her original outrage. What ever happened to that age old, tried and true, last word, end of story excuse that use to be so common? All she had to say was:

Dear Mayor
Please except my apologies. I have been PMS’ing all day and unfortunately took it out on you. I am truly sorry.
Cindy

I would have bought it. Would have explained the whacked out first e-mail. And even if I didn’t buy it, I sure as hell would not have challenged it :-)

96 Atticus Thraxx July 21, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Can’t blame the Pixieland CEO about protecting a valuable and lucrative brand.HeHe.

97 Cowellian July 21, 2010 at 6:09 AM

I am amused.

98 Leigh July 21, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Wow, I wake up to find so much anger on this subject. Sorry you’re dealing with this Mayor but at least it’s over

91, from what I can tell, another site had permission to use the Pixieland (I still want to call it Pixie Playland after all these years) logo and phots and also had permission to share it with local blogs, such as Frugal Find and Claycord, so, the permission was granted. Yes, Cindy made a mistake, she apologized and I think we’re moving on now.

I have to say though, I loved her comment “Your readers are very protective of your work and they certainly were aware that you were trying to do a good thing.” Yep, that’s right, don’t mess with the Mayor!!

99 Captain Concord July 21, 2010 at 6:47 AM

I can’t believe there’s any permission required for anybody to post a photo of something that’s out in public view. I saw the first story but I don’t remember… was it just the logo? or a photo that included the logo? I’m not sure that matters either.

100 Support Pixieland July 21, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Please don’t boycott a wonderful Concord business because of one snarky email. The park is very clean, safe for the young children, and a nice family experience. The staff is friendly and the prices reasonable. There are so few places like this in our area; please calm down people and think of how Claycord’s children will lose out if this business closes.

101 Sarah July 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM

This will blow over. It was a bad misunderstanding, and a knee-jerk response. No one else has ever stuck their foot in their mouth before? I’ll still take my kids there. It’s too bad that this happened, but she should be crucified for it.

(and good-on-ya Mayor for offering to help out a claycordian!)

102 MGentry July 21, 2010 at 7:03 AM

“I didn’t do anything, I simply posted the email from the President of Pixieland. She did it to herself, I was only trying to help out.”

There are some things that should be handled by adults behind closed doors — without a lot of dirty-laundry-airing. I think this is one of them. Yes, Cindy does look bad… but the Mayor/Julia (imho) also looks bad (petty, immature, vindictive, etc.) by not dealing with this drama-free and moving on.

“People wanted to know why the post was removed”… an answer like: “There was a misunderstanding between Pixieland management and the websites featuring the promotion, but it was cleared up and I’ll be re-posting the link shorty.” would have been a more appropriate response, perhaps.

103 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Seems to me she was having a bad day. I am sure we all say things sometimes without thinking first. If my kids were younger, I’d take them to Pixieland.

104 sv_1 July 21, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Permission to run a story in the press? Is she now a czar?
Peoples Republic of Pixieland has a nice ring…

While I can’t say that I will never return, her attitude will make it less likely.

105 Former Pixieland User July 21, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I am organizing a rally to protest Pixieland. As soon as I have the facebook site up and running I will let everyone know. Together I believe we can shut this place down.

106 MisterWriter July 21, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Sean, also email me your resume/job experiences. I can’t promise anything but may also know some people… andre@myconcordian.com (The Concordian newspaper)

As for Pixieland, given that Concord has so FEW places that it can call its own, having an amusement park is nice. I’ve never met Cindy and she has yet to advertise in my paper, but she screwed up on the PR – deal with it and move on. How about putting this angst towards changes at the city level? There is an election coming up and a chance to change some council members

107 ACC July 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Wow, Cindy sounds like she’s going thru a menopausal break. I’m taken aback by her initial email. I go to Pixieland about twice a month with my grandson as he LOVES riding the planes…I didn’t know about the 1/2 price promotion until I read this mess. Pixieland is a Concord institution, Why would you want to hide the promotion from the public? Especially on a blog that promotes Concord. Did she not know about Claycord,com? That’s hard to believe. I won’t say I won’t go back as I LOVE taking my grandson there. (I took my daughter there when she was little), but I will think twice before spending extra money there. I like to support local business – I go out of my way to support local business but this Cindy lady doesn’t seem to have Concord’s best interest at heart. So she shouldn’t have my extra money,

108 Sassy July 21, 2010 at 7:54 AM

My gut tells me that Cindy’s knee jerk reaction had everything to do with not wanting the 1/2 price tickets to be advertised and nothing to do with logos. We rarely go to Pixieland because it is WAY overpriced so the 1/2 price tickets would’ve definitely got us there. Too bad Cindy demanded you take down the advertising …

109 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I also know Cindy and she has really improved Pixieland since she has taken over. It’s a nice place to take the kids and it’s clean, small and friendly unlike other children’s places. This has all been blown way out of proportion and I hope you all just let it rest and forget about it. What if every mistake you made got blown up like this? Seriously, let go.. there’s bigger things to worry about.

110 To err is human July 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Okay, she made a mistake. We’ve all done it in our careers. Pixieland is a small business and unlike a big corporation, it doesn’t have a team of lawyers and marketers to handle the media. She realized her mistake and apologized. Don’t be so venomous. Pixieland is a local treasure. Don’t deny your kids because you need to hold a petty grudge.

111 Julia @ The Frugal Find July 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM

The image, details of the promotion, and everything else was sent TO ME by Savvy Source ON behalf of Pixieland who approved all images and details to be used as a part of their 50% off tickets sale. Somehow Cindy was left out of the loop and instead of actually reading either of our posts and asking someone at Pixieland who may actually know what is going on, she jumped on the Mayor and I. Even when she realized she should have know she still said in her email that I should have let her know I’d be posting the image, what?! Unfortunately it was a really good deal and I was very happy to help promote a deal in our hometown.

112 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Free press is always a good thing. It’s usually good, even if it’s really bad. Actually, I’m more interested in Pixieland than I was before, just because of a little tiff.

113 Cop E. Right July 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM

It’s very important for the Pixieland Brand-Name to be protected from poachers.

If Pixieland does not work vigorously to defend their Brand, the next thing you know, there’ll be:

Pixielandclaycord.com
Pixieland Auto Parts Store
Pixieland Warehouse Club
Pixieland Gentleman’s Club
Pixieland Fruits and Produce
Pixieland Gas & Liquor

Etc.

I totally support the effort to not misunderstand that other establishments using Pixieland in their name our not the actual Pixieland.

114 Dangerous July 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM

This bozo must have graduated from the Nancy Polosi school of advance illogic!
This type of thinking should cause people with degrees and business experience to look closely at their true value!

115 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

What a way to wind down a crazy week in Claycord.

116 lorrielovesparties July 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Yeah, we won’t be going to Pixieland anytime soon. I thought of bringing the kids this weekend, but we’ll find something else to do.

117 Smokeysmountain July 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM

This post is for Cindy; I have spent literally thousands of dollars at Pixieland over the years and have posted a few different stories on it … The most recent mention was about the turtles in the lake … My kids love it there and always have a great time however I always leave feeling a bit had by the 50,60 and 70 dollars that I spend there in a very short time … A 1/2 price coupon should be on the frikkn news and all over the buss and every where else that might be seen by moms and dads … I agree with what has been said here that you were way concerned that we were all gonna get a deal from too much info … Shame on you !

118 Not Anon July 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I sent Ms.Cindy a E-mail explaining how I felt about her first letter to the Mayor. Unless she personally responds to me, I will not take my kids there anymore. I bought season tickets to Six Flags for the whole family and we will be going there this summer whenever we need a amusement park fix.

119 jtkatec July 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Former Pixieland User – and you can apply your skills which you gained at the protest in WC, right?

You are too funny

120 Tired of "She made a mistake" July 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM

You guys are completely missing the point. My question – HOW do you make THAT mistake? Seriously, she didn’t pay attention to ANYTHING, at all, or she would have either read the article or clicked the link and noticed that it took her to savvy source, where she could purchase said tickets. And maybe at that time she would have realized, ohhhhhhh, I signed up for this!

And even after all that, she comes back with a half-assed apology to The Frugal Find – not even apologizing, but saying The Frugal Find should have notified her in advance, and saying how “dangerous” it can be. Yeah, I’ve always been terrified of promotion on blogs.

121 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I agree with #102 — this whole thing makes the Mayor look bad and should have been handled behind the scenes. Yeah, Pixieland made a mistake but she immediately apologized. Hardly a major story here, folks, and certainly no reason to boycott the park.

BTW, I went there for the first time last week with my grandson and he loved it. It was extremely clean, well-managed, and everyone had a great time.

122 John Hemm July 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM

The world has gotten to be a very paranoid place for some people, and unfortuantely some people are overly paranoid. I do not think a little ride park for children,that is not located in a large city is cause for concern. Why Ms. Brumbley acted like is protecting the image of photos of Michael Jackson’s nude autopsy photo’s is really sad. It’s a child’s playground. Ms. Brumbley should be happy for the FREE PUBLICITY and keep her self important ego quiet, end of story!

123 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 10:26 AM

WOW!! You can’t take back the bullet once it has left the gun. Too bad Cindy that you would say something like that. The only hurting you did was to your business.

124 RB July 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM

MGentry wrote: ” ‘People wanted to know why the post was removed”… an answer like: “There was a misunderstanding between Pixieland management and the websites featuring the promotion, but it was cleared up and I’ll be re-posting the link shorty.” would have been a more appropriate response, perhaps.”

Hey, who you calling shorty???? >:|

125 anon July 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Cindy thanks for the apology.
I am sure you are still kicking yourself for accidently starting this uproar. I am sure it was all a big misunderstanding on your part especially if you had no idea how great Claycord and Frugal Find are to our community. I am sure you can make it all better by offering 75% off tickets to anyone who mentions CLAYCORD or FRUGAL FIND when purchasing their tickets for the month of August :) Might be interesting to see how much business they can drum up for you.
Then you could in return advertise with them…………seems like a win win situation.

126 MissMelyssa July 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Wow! This is quite the comment log.

I’m learning from this. Gives me the impression that trying to help out a business (for FREE) just gets you a slap in the face. Um yeah, I think I’ll be taking my business elsewhere.

So, I wonder. Does yelp get a lot of rude emails since there is an option for the users to upload pics of the establisments?

And as always, thanks to Julia and The Mayor for always doing a wonderful job with shopping tips and current news.

127 SSQ July 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM

OK, it’s over….anyone willing to boycott please remember it will hurt the little ones and i’m sure they love going there. Cindy made an error in judgement and it is time to forget about it. I’m sure she had a sleepless night let’s just go on with more important things.
Cindy, just like any good buisness person you should have all your facts and don’t let emotion run your decisions. If you took 60 seconds to think of a response I’m sure it would not have been that one.
But I won’t boycott ya!!!

128 SSQ July 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Oh just told my husband this story…he had buisness dealings with Cindy in the past and told me she was one of his “difficult” customers.
Cindy sounds like you have a reputation and it doesn’t always get what you want….
Sorry I just had to add this….

129 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM

no good deed goes unpunsihed and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Try to do something nice and promote a positive thing and get shot down… ouch.

and I honestly don’t think Pixie Playland can afford to have less business, but maybe they can.
How dare you mayor help promote their business and encourage parents to take their children.. shame, shame on you.

Just to boycott Pixie I’m going to have some children and NOT take them there.

130 Concord Mom July 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM

My God, people, let’s all kick Cindy while she’s down, huh? Geez. Haven’t any of you overreacted and then felt immediately bad about it? I sure have. Look, she sent off a sort of rude email and then pretty quickly sent a sincere apology for it. It’s no big deal, I am sure she feels bad. What an unforgiving lot many of you are. I will still go to Pixie Playland with my kids sometimes and I appreciate and took advantage of the 50% discount tickets. I am rolling ym eyes at all these “ooh, I won’t take MY kids there anymore!” comments. An important lesson to teach your kids is FORGIVENESS and COMPASSION when someone makes a mistake.

131 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM

now I’m sorry that I passed that great deal info along to friends that have children.

sheesh.

132 steve Weir July 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

OK, let’s not lose Pixie Playland; it is a Concord institution.

This is from memory and experience. My recollection is that Pixie Playland came into being when King Norman’s, in the Park ‘n Shop Center, was forced to close its amusement park to accommodate another tenant. So, King Norman’s equipment was sold to a private entity. However, the new owner needed a place to plant the equipment, thus the deal with the City for the current location.

Later on, in the 1980′s, the owner wanted to sell, and the City seemed to be the only interested party. I was on the Council at that time, and the asking price for the equipment was outrageous. With a little research, I found that we could purchase brand new equipment for virtually the same price as what was being asked by the past owner.

Here’s where my memory fades; I do not recall what process was used to transfer the right to use the land (lease agreement) for a private operator to continue to operate the business.

I’m guessing that most/all of the equipment has been replaced from the old King Norman’s time. (In the 1950′s I was under 10 and living in Pleasant Hill when I first saw King Norman’s and it was the most magical thing (along with Fairy Land in Oakland) that I had ever seen.

Anyway, I hope that this 55+ year tradition of having a childrens amusement park in Concord survives for years to come.

Can anyone add to this history?

133 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 12:15 PM

anonamom has it right…best corndogs in the world!

134 ondeafears July 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Why don’t we organize a candlelight vigil at Pixie Playland?

135 mom of many July 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I don’t buy the apology. I think she only responded to the nasty comments. Never going there again. Over priced anyhow!

136 Anon July 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM

No difference. Wasn’t going there before all this mess and still not going.

137 anonamom July 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM

@ # 133—I have never had a CornDog there. So I don’t think I would have said that. Maybe number mix-up? Anyway, when we went to Pixie Playland, when the kids were small, we could just afford the tickets, not the food. We did pic-nics with the ducks, and the kids played in the creek looking for crawdads. I still pic-nic with the ducks occasionally, but the filth of apparent homeless camps by the foot-bridge kind of take the fun away. Maybe Cindy should address that issue with the City.

138 Baileys Mom July 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Unfortunately her apology letter had a bit of ‘blame the victim’ to it. When you apologize, and mean it, you don’t tell the person you’re talking to ‘well, you should have done this and then we wouldn’t have had that problem.’

139 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM

LOL Mayor! no response from mom/charlie hugh.

140 emilyj July 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Gosh this sure got to be drama. I posted when it was first up I was going to check out the 1/2 price tickets…well thanks Cindy you saved me some bucks cause now I’m not. There’s plenty to do in our lovely claycord. I agree w anon 10:26

141 anon July 21, 2010 at 2:45 PM

What’s that they say, “opinions are like a**holes….
This is probably the most “press” Pixie Playland has had in a while, will Cindy’s business suffer? I don’t think so!

142 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Well, I guess we know how smart you have to be to be president of Pixieland…

143 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 2:52 PM

by anonamom on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM

You are right .. I agree with madmom!!! lol

144 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM

What?????
STOP and chillax.
THANK YOU, Mr Mayor for posting the STORY. I was able to read it, (both senteches/paragraphs) realize that if I clicked on the FRUGAL FIND website, I got the details which lead me to SAAVY SOURCE, where I signed up, ordered 5 books of 10 tickets for half price. I then LIKED the Frugal Find on my Facebook and sent out messages and emails to several other local moms to sign up.

I belong to a local parent oriented non-profit in CoCo county, and have several times for fund raisers solicited Pixieland for contributions. They have been AWESOME in suppporting our group (which supports other groups, including the Bay Area Crisis Nursery), donating wonderful prizes (like free tickets and birthday packages). The staff at Pixieland has always been very helpful.

We try to get to Pixieland as often as it can be afforded (and yes, it’s a wee pricey, so we take advantage of specials they offer/coupons). It’s a fun, clean, cute place, unique and close-by. I’m glad it’s there, it’s a staple of Concord as far as I am concerned. It makes Concord just a little more enjoyable of a city to live in.

For his part, Mr Mayor’s blog is AWESOME. Literally, my first local news source.

All parties involved are the good folks in the community. Let’s not tear at each other any further over this. No one is perfect, we’ve all had days we’ve made arses of ourselves. We can minimize the arse-ness if we stop the ridiculous comments.

145 anonymous July 21, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I think it’s ridiculous that she says she misunderstood. how in the world can you misunderstand that someone is giving you free advertising? i haven’t been to pixieland in years as my kids are older. was thinking about taking my neice and nephew but now that i know about charging adults when they have to ride with little ones? forget it!

146 Mimi July 21, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Too little, too late Pixieland. You’re idiots for not even KNOWING who Claycord.com is and how much they contribute to the community. We are DONE with YOU!!

147 Psh July 21, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Apology NOT accepted!

148 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM

All I have to say is I love that Claycord is on top of the stories the minute they happen. I have turned several friends onto this website because it is far more useful than the newspaper and TV for finding out what is happening right here in our town. Thank you Mr. Mayor for keeping us all so thoroughly informed…whether good or bad…you are doing a great job!!!!

149 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Two words: Free Advertising.

Some people just have no business sense.

150 Protest Pixieland July 21, 2010 at 8:35 PM

This is absurd. This establishment needs to be protested and picketed to the full extent allowed by law. I can’t believe we let something like this continue to exist in our community.

151 Sassy July 21, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Pixieland is incredibly pricey. Tickets for rides are $1.75 per ticket … for my child & I to ride the train (2 tickets each) one time around the track it costs me $7.00. The same price goes for riding the roller coaster… $7.00. To ride the cars (1 ticket each) it costs me $3.50. Basically I have spent $21 for my child and I to ride 4 rides … That 1/2 price coupon would’ve been really nice … Too bad Cindy required the advertising be taken down from this site. Pixieland would’ve gotten my business, but not now. It is MUCH more appealing to go to Discovery Kingdom and pay $60 ($30 per person) for two of us to ride unlimited rides & see shows for an entire day.

152 Anonymous July 21, 2010 at 9:59 PM

you know what I just realized… I think the only reason she apologized is because she saw what a backlash she caused…. i don’t feel the apology was sincere, nor would she have written it had there not been such a firestorm

153 Cathy July 22, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Why should a “business person have a heads up?” as Cindy stated. She also wrote, “As a writer and a business person I’m sure you can understand how I totally misunderstood this whole unfortunate event..” Um, no, in fact, I don’t understand how putting a picture and logo of a business, along with a nice coupon, and/or discount on a web site could harm the business. “Dangerous to a business?” The only “danger” to the business is probably Cindy. See how many people aren’t going to patronize Pixieland (is it OK if I write “Pixieland” on here, or is it too “dangerous”?) as a result of Cindy’s heavy-handed tactics?

154 SK July 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Cathy, you had the same thought that I did. I don’t understand how being a writer and a business person has anything to do with misunderstanding “this whole unfortunate event.” She writes her apology using the passive voice, as if none of this had been caused by her own misjudgment.

155 Pro-Pixieland July 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM

To #105- Are you joking?

I understand where some people are coming from, but how many of you own a business like this one? Maybe she was worried about the lack of control she might have if random advertisements pop up and she has never had any contact them before; perhaps she thought something would have to be returned in some form of a favor. Who knows! Have any of you stopped to think level-headedly and realize that this business you want “shut down” helps support a family? Similar to yours, I’m sure.
Go ahead and complain about the overpriced tickets and how much money you spend there- but at the end of the day when you walk out through the Pixieland gates, does your child have a smile on his/her face? Isn’t that what matters?
I’m sure you would complain about paying to get into Disneyland or Six Flags as well and they are thriving, multi-billion dollar corportations, yet you are never boycotting them. Now, I know Pixieland is no Disneyland; it isn’t a multi-billion dollar corporation- It’s a family business that’s just trying to bring some joy to their community while making it through this economy.

If you have never been there and now have no interest in going because of these malicious comments, than I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you let yourself be swayed by angry readers and I’m sorry that you don’t open your mind for a second to realize that Cindy just made a hasty judgement. Haven’t we all at one time or another?

And if you are just going to “spread the word” about this apparent “shithole” (Thanks #18- Very eloquent of you.), then you’re just as bad as my fellow highschool classmates spreading senseless gossip.

PS. The term President means the leader of something. Be it a union, organization, business, or a country. She is not intending to sound pompous with that title.

156 eknirb July 23, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Way off base. You can take a photo and post it and do not need permission. It is not being used for commercial and/or advertising purposes. Doh.

157 Kona July 23, 2010 at 6:00 PM

105 & 150: laughing so hard, tears came to my eyes! You are kidding… right? If so, it was worth reading though all the comments! :0)

158 Mrs. Little White Dog July 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Cindy is a goofball but Pixieland is a Concord Icon and we should support it anyway. Concord FIRST! ignore her comments shes a reactionary.
Take your kids anyway.